Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: January 15th - New Orleans Pelicans @ LA Lakers - 4-6

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    Our GM Griffin will be fired within the next 3 years...bank it. He hired SVG and selected the players
    This team has got to learn to win. And the turnovers are just unbearable to watch. Most of them are unforced. Still a young team and playing like it. Changing coaches and front offices is not going to cure what makes this team ill.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    We are a bunch of **********es inside. Embarrassing.

Maybe SVG is here on borrowed time. Griff. Still looking for the right person?

Our guards and SF put our bigs in bad situations alot. They can't keep their man in front of them.

Got severe roster issues, but we all know that. NAW is promising but he's not quite there yet. We were banking on JJ to be a spacer and obviously that's an understandable bet (and he did it last year for us) but this year he's just completely fallen off a very very tall cliff. Melli's just nothing.

Roster issues, some of which were forseeable (we knew coming in that we didn't have The Guard) and some of which weren't (I don't think anyone predicted JJ suddenly becoming a 30% shooter lol), but the issues are there all the same.
    Basketball.

Y’all are way to reactionary. Yea we’re losing a lot right now, but it’s way too early to judge SVG. Its also still too early to judge this FO too. The end of next season is when you should know for both.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    Our GM Griffin will be fired within the next 3 years...bank it. He hired SVG and selected the players
    If we continue to have the roster look so disheveled, then yeah. Drafting Zion was a no brainer. We got what we could from the only team we could trade Anthony Davis to...

Griffin's moves have to start working out. Like MM has said. SVG could be his only coach hire.

...but we're like...freaking 11 games in? THere will come a point where the criticism and all are valid. But we aren't nearly there yet.

Why haven't we just emptied the bench down 25 with under 5 to go?

If NAW doesn’t get in foul trouble due to the terrible officiating we may have had a shot. Well up until SVG gave Melli minutes fir some reason. We could of been up 10 and lost due to that unexplainable stretch. Why did he not have Hayes in the game?? He’s outplayed Melli by 100s of miles

There could be some fireworks after this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Y’all are way to reactionary. Yea we’re losing a lot right now, but it’s way too early to judge SVG. Its also still too early to judge this FO too. The end of next season is when you should know for both.
    I agree that people are being a bit too trigger happy. We're not there yet, that's obvious, there are roster moves to make and while the coaching is far from perfect, it's not like SVG hasn't been a good coach in the NBA before with various different styles of team.

Part of the problem of this team, and it happens year on year, is that we keep getting murderous schedules to start the year and then we get hit by injury or circumstance that means that we end up getting in a massive hole early. And while on paper, I think the reasons for that are clear, it doesn't stop some people just looking at a 4-7 record and seeing red.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Got severe roster issues, but we all know that. NAW is promising but he's not quite there yet. We were banking on JJ to be a spacer and obviously that's an understandable bet (and he did it last year for us) but this year he's just completely fallen off a very very tall cliff. Melli's just nothing.

Roster issues, some of which were forseeable (we knew coming in that we didn't have The Guard) and some of which weren't (I don't think anyone predicted JJ suddenly becoming a 30% shooter lol), but the issues are there all the same.
    A lot of these issues was started in Griffin 1st year and has course corrected as much as he can in one offseason. We really got to keep pushing forward.

Cuting off dead weight next year is a priority and keep building the core with a probable excellent option in the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    I don't understand this mentality. Like, I'm watching the games right now and he's not doing a good job. I'm not asking for him to get fired but it's fair to give him just criticism. He has to do better, handicapped roster and all.
    Last edited by Funcrusher; 01-15-2021 at 11:31 PM.

Spot on

Well hopefully JJ can start making shots to get his trade value up there. And Ball can look halfway decent to get his value up as well. Trade both of them. I would like to get a decent wing and veteran backup 4 unless you can get a pick for Ball. Then likely finish around the same as last year to get us a lotto pick for a really, really good draft.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    There could be some fireworks after this game.
    There shouldn't be. Change the lineup, put Kira Lewis into the rotation? Yes please.

...don't do that, Hayes. Don't make me think you can make that regularly....

I love Kira’s speed! He’s gonna be a good one down the road

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    We made some of the dumbest turnovers i've ever seen this game. Ingram straight up threw a few right out of bounds with no one near him. Redick and Bledsoe had it go right through their hands out of bounds. We are just basketball retards right now.

It is what it is

Oh well. On to the next one. In fairness, it was an expected loss coming in: Lakers are the best team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    We made some of the dumbest turnovers i've ever seen this game. Ingram straight up threw a few right out of bounds with no one near him. Redick and Bledsoe had it go right through their hands out of bounds. We are just basketball retards right now.
    I feel like this is exactly what NAW needs to help him grow. He saw what a very smart, faster than him guard can do. He's bigger than him, but maybe not that much stronger. He'll see the flaws in his game and how he's got to be able to overpower quicker guards trying to fluster him...and how to draw fouls when they get into his body.

I feel like I’ve seen Hayes hit a 3 in summer league

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Him and Adams may actually be a match made in Heaven. Both been dogs lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    I feel like I’ve seen Hayes hit a 3 in summer league
    You did.

Thread Information