Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: January 13th - New Orleans Pelicans @ LA Clippers - 4-5

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We shouldn’t require Hart to need to shoot this much. But whatever. Hart gets a sort of pass. He does enough other things to be worth having even if he’s not a good 3pt shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    He’s a cornerstone benchplayer and those numbers are fine. He also provides more than just 3pt shooting. He'll turn it around.
    Other than his rookie season, those numbers really aren't fine. I'm not sure we should be confident that he's going to turn it around considering he hasn't done so in 3 seasons and nearly 700 attempts.

I think Hart is a solid player in the right fit, but I'm not sure that fit is in Nola unless he can hit more than 36% of his 3s. A trade like Hart and Melli for Larry Nance would make a ton of sense for both teams in theory. I'd obviously prefer to get Nance without giving up Hart, but we can't always have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I wouldn't really say it's sad. There's something to be said for the amount of talent that we've accumulated on this roster, specifically at the guard position.

The big issue is that most of that talent is in the form of 6-7-8th men, and none have really stood out as starters. It's a step up from the days of starting Jordan Crawford and Langston Galloway, but there's a definite need for difference makers at the position. Here's to hoping NAW and/or Kira can be that guy.
    No disrespect, but I don't think we are a particularly talented at guard.

Ball..... On any day of the week, on this forum we read how many think he's just a smidgeon better than trash (and they are probably right)
    Bledsoe..... The one thing we know about Bledsoe is that we never know what we are going to get.
    Redick..... A one dimensional player. One of the 'Flash or Crash' players on this team who, currently, seems to be stuck in 'Crash'.
    Hart..... A hard-nose rebounder who never met a one on three fast break he didn't try to break. IQ...IQ...IQ Issues.
    Thornwell..... A nice 13th man who can play a little defense.
    Walker..... Should have been playing huge minutes since December 23rd. Best of the bunch.
    Lewis...... Time to take him out of the 'bubble wrap' and see what he can do.
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-14-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Other than his rookie season, those numbers really aren't fine. I'm not sure we should be confident that he's going to turn it around considering he hasn't done so in 3 seasons and nearly 700 attempts.

I think Hart is a solid player in the right fit, but I'm not sure that fit is in Nola unless he can hit more than 36% of his 3s. A trade like Hart and Melli for Larry Nance would make a ton of sense for both teams in theory. I'd obviously prefer to get Nance without giving up Hart, but we can't always have it both ways.
    For a starter sure... But a bench player. He's good.

No one is doing that trade. Hart's potential is a solid roleplayer or 6th man. It's so hard to find quality bench player. We got to keep our talent and develop it. If we lose Hart and Reddick retires. What's our bench going to look like? Ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    For a starter sure... But a bench player. He's good.

No one is doing that trade. Hart's potential is a solid roleplayer or 6th man. It's so hard to find quality bench player. We got to keep our talent and develop it. If we lose Hart and Reddick retires. What's our bench going to look like? Ugly...
    I thought I was going to get pushback from people saying the Cavs wouldn't trade Nance for Hart to be perfectly honest

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    No disrespect, but I don't think we are a particularly talented at guard.

Ball..... On any day of the week, on this forum we read how many think he's just a smidgeon better than trash (and they are probably right)
    Bledsoe..... The one thing we know about Bledsoe is that we never know what we are going to get.
    Redick..... A one dimensional player. One of the 'Flash or Crash' players on this team who, currently, seems to be stuck in 'Crash'.
    Hart..... A hard-nose rebounder who never met a one on three fast break he didn't try to break. IQ...IQ...IQ Issues.
    Thornwell..... A nice 13th man who can play a little defense.
    Walker..... Should have been playing huge minutes since December 23rd. Best of the bunch.
    Lewis...... Time to take him out of the 'bubble wrap' and see what he can do.
    My point is, most teams don't have 6 guards on their roster that need minutes. There's a reason for that, as we can see our glaring holes at the backup 3-4. We can say Lonzo is trash all we want, but he's still deserving of minutes on an NBA team. Same for Bledsoe. Obviously, you can't bench JJ because you know he'll break out of his slump at some point. Hart is our most consistent bench player so he needs minutes as well.

I think it's an issue that we have an overload of mediocre talent that doesn't have trade value but is also too good to bench, but we've dealt with much worse problems in the past with this team so I'm numb to it

My point is, most teams don't have 6 guards on their roster that need minutes. There's a reason for that, as we can see our glaring holes at the backup 3-4. We can say Lonzo is trash all we want, but he's still deserving of minutes on an NBA team. Same for Bledsoe. Obviously, you can't bench JJ because you know he'll break out of his slump at some point. Hart is our most consistent bench player so he needs minutes as well.

I think it's an issue that we have an overload of mediocre talent that doesn't have trade value but is also too good to bench, but we've dealt with much worse problems in the past with this team so I'm numb to it
    If mediocrity is your thing, then I'll agree, don't bench the mediocre talent.

If mediocrity is your thing, then I'll agree, don't bench the mediocre talent.
    You have to maintain a locker room too man. Its not 2K. You can't just bench vets without repercussions, as incredible as that would be. Ownership is would also not be very happy with 30 million in DNPs, specifically when one of those DNPs draws a tremendous amount of out of market viewership to an already struggling franchise

You have to maintain a locker room too man. Its not 2K. You can't just bench vets without repercussions, as incredible as that would be. Ownership is would also not be very happy with 30 million in DNPs, specifically when one of those DNPs draws a tremendous amount of out of market viewership to an already struggling franchise
    I know, man, I get it. In the modern NBA, the inmates run the asylum; sometimes right into the toilet.

Management has to just bend over and grab its ankles, huh?

And then, after repeatedly kissing players' butts and after millions upon millions of ownership's dollars invested into a player, management and fans get a parting......

"That's All, Folks!!!"

That management model works well, huh?
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-14-2021 at 07:20 PM.

I know, man, I get it. In the modern NBA, the inmates run the asylum; sometimes right into the toilet.

Management has to just bend over and grab its ankles, huh?

And then, after repeatedly kissing players' butts and millions upon millions of ownership's dollars invested into a player, management and fans get a parting......

"That's All, Folks!!!"

That management model works well, huh?
    This comment isn?t worth entertaining. Head over to tiger droppings

Im giving you facts and things that I have heard. No reason to be immature

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...5cc2b41ca.html

"After missing Wednesday's game due to an inconclusive test result, Zion Williamson has received clearance to play Friday against the Los Angeles Lakers, a team source said."

Im giving you facts and things that I have heard. No reason to be immature
    Facts? What facts?

You are giving me your take on why a team would play players and I'm agreeing with you.

And Tiger Droppings? Is that something you are familiar with?

POSTSCRIPT: My post, which you won't entertain, is more FACT than you can handle. From Lebron to AD.....From KD to Harden.....From Kyrie to PG13. They all put their palms out and then put up their middle finger first chance they can. That 'nonsense', son, is FACT.

But, please do school me with your wisdom......
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-14-2021 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...5cc2b41ca.html

"After missing Wednesday's game due to an inconclusive test result, Zion Williamson has received clearance to play Friday against the Los Angeles Lakers, a team source said."
    Way to completely misquote the article. It actually says:

Following the inconclusive test, Williamson took subsequent tests, the results of which came back negative.
    Pretty ******** poor effort to try and start controversy

you guys need to go have a holiday, learn to relax

I wonder what our rotation will be with Zion and (maybe. I haven't heard anything bout Bled) Bledsoe back. Obviously Naw is gonna get some burn. I'm more curious about how we'll use Kira.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I wonder what our rotation will be with Zion and (maybe. I haven't heard anything bout Bled) Bledsoe back. Obviously Naw is gonna get some burn. I'm more curious about how we'll use Kira.
    If Bledsoe goes, I suspect Kira will be 9th man.

NAW
    Bledsoe
    BI
    Zion
    Adams

6. Hart
    7. Redick
    8. JAXSON
    9. Kira

He also could throw out Thornwell for defensive purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    you guys need to go have a holiday, learn to relax
    But we already traded our Holiday.

Thread Information