Pelicans Report

Thread: January 11th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 4-5

Pelicans January 11th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 4-5

Okay so, I'm posting this thread but I am doing so tentatively because, frankly, I have no idea if this game is going to go ahead or not. As of right now, the Mavericks are missing

- Kristaps Porzingis
    - Dorian Finney-Smith
    - Maxi Kleber
    - Josh Richardson
    - Jalen Brunson

due to, amongst other things, COVID protocols and regulations. As you know, the NBA requires teams to have at least 8 guys ready to play for any game to go ahead, and this number of people out at the moment means the Mavericks are on that borderline; with the way COVID spreads and the massive risk of all the travelling and meeting and such, do not be surprised if this game gets postponed the way that Miami/Boston did last night, and if it does go ahead, do not be surprised if we end up having some guys being forced into isolation and quarantine in the days following.

Now, because of this, there's a little more hope for us than might be expected when just looking purely at the records of each team. Dallas have won 4 of their last 5, and 3 straight, but they're also now about five minutes away from asking Rick Carlisle to suit up at SG, so who knows?

We've been disappointing recently. Not, actually, in terms of overall performance but we've lost three consecutive games pretty much entirely in the clutch; those final 5 minutes of the game are killing us right now. If we want any hope of coming out of this hellish road-trip in any sort of reasonable shape, these are the sorts of games that we will have to steal. If we win tonight, we get back up to .500 and knock the Mavs down to .500 in a tie with us. That's a decent position to be in.

So let's go out and try and play cohesively for once, for a full 48 minutes.
    Basketball.

If they find a way to lose this game to a short handed Mavs team, I'm breaking things.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    If they find a way to lose this game to a short handed Mavs team, I'm breaking things.
    I read where Kristaps is questionable, so I guess he has a chance to play.

Game postponed, Mavs done have enough players.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...372727808?s=21
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Give Mavs Lonzo and Hayes

Why can't they just call up the two way guys to play?

Or the Exhibit 10 guys?

How do you embed tweets or links to the site?

Thread title needs updated too.

Park closed. Game not happening

Win by forfeit? We will take it

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    How do you embed tweets or links to the site?
    To embed a tweet, go on the tweet you would like to embed. There will be three little dots (on mobile) or a little arrow in the corner (on desktop, I think) in the corner of the tweet: click this and you will be given a bunch of options. One of the options will be the Embed Tweet. Click that and it takes you to a page with a link on it. Copy and paste that entire link into your post: that embeds the tweet.

I wasn't going to be able to watch it live anyway...so wonderful. On to Cali.

Lol... #Pelslife... Can't get to take advantage of a down team..

Ball has zero TOs. Doesn't miss a shot. Completely blanked Doncic. And of course there's silence. I see y'all.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Ball has zero TOs. Doesn't miss a shot. Completely blanked Doncic. And of course there's silence. I see y'all.
    If you put your ear into BBB shoe. You can hear Lonzo ding a FT.
    Last edited by Taker597; 01-11-2021 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Ingram with 0% shooting percentage?

I rest my case.

>_>

That's one way to avoid another loss

The Sim League is back?

Thread Information