Pelicans Report

Thread: Here we Go! (COVID NBA NEWS THREAD)-Movie discussion

NBA Here we Go! (COVID NBA NEWS THREAD)-Movie discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Silver trying to take all the big names out of the game?

Is this some sort of Tenet/Inversion reality going on?
    Dude, I started watching Tenet after the game last night. Big mistake. I fell asleep during the movie and had to turn it off. Will have to try watching it again tonight.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Dude, I started watching Tenet after the game last night. Big mistake. I fell asleep during the movie and had to turn it off. Will have to try watching it again tonight.
    I hated it on first viewing too

Then I started watching a lot of YouTube videos on it to try and understand more, which helped a lot. And boy, is there a lot to unpack.

It's kind of like one of those music albums which don't grip you on first listen, but with each subsequent listen you appreciate it more and more.

I still don't love it as a "movie" per se, but I'm enjoying (and hating) trying to wrap my head around the concepts and reconciling everything in my own mind

I've never really enjoyed most of Nolan's movies, I kind of appreciate them as technical pieces but I always felt like he'd be better as a producer than a director. That's just me, maybe.
    Basketball.

I love 2005-2010 era Nolan. Dark Knight Returns was ok. Didn't like Interstellar. Didn't like Dunkirk on first viewing, but really enjoyed the second. I can't remember much of The Prestige or Memento

Cillian Murphy is one of my all time favourite actors too whose in a lot of Nolan films, which is good

Yeah, I’m more familiar with Nolan’s work starting with The Prestige. His best work imho will always be the Dark Knight. I recall seeing that movie in NY the week that Heath Ledger passed, so with that in mind I had to see the role that led him to his death, and it was a great performance. No other Batman will ever come close to Bale IMHO.

Anyway, once more into the fray I go.

Ledger's Joker is probably my favourite acting performance ever

Bale is my favourite Bruce Wayne, not sure if he's the best Batman tho

Ledger was a really great actor honestly, and as good as his Joker was, it does kind of suck to see that being the only thing anyone talks about from his career.

Speaking of Batmen, I'm really looking forward to seeing how Robert Pattinson does. I know he has a bad reputation from being in Twilight but honestly, he's been in so much stuff since then that's really good and deserves more credit. Good Time was a great movie, and he's awesome in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Ledger was a really great actor honestly, and as good as his Joker was, it does kind of suck to see that being the only thing anyone talks about from his career.

Speaking of Batmen, I'm really looking forward to seeing how Robert Pattinson does. I know he has a bad reputation from being in Twilight but honestly, he's been in so much stuff since then that's really good and deserves more credit. Good Time was a great movie, and he's awesome in it.
    Ledger is great in everything he does (did). Candy was another good one. I don't think it's a crime to talk about one of the best acting performances in cinema history

And Good Time is what made me stand up and say 'Rob Pattinson is a really ********ing good actor'

I feel like he was a bit wasted in Tenet

Pumped to see his Batman though
    Last edited by AusPel; 01-09-2021 at 09:18 PM.

Ledger is great in everything he does (did). Candy was another good one. I don't think it's a crime to talk about one of the best acting performances in cinema history

And Good Time is what made me stand up and say 'Rob Pattinson is a really ********ing good actor'

I feel like he was a bit wasted in Tenet

Pumped to see his Batman though
    Definitely not a crime, but take something like Brokeback Mountain. That's a really great movie with a pretty strong emotional core, and Ledger is great in it, but it generally gets remembered as a punchline more than anything else. A lot of people don't even remember that Ledger was in it.

Definitely not a crime, but take something like Brokeback Mountain. That's a really great movie with a pretty strong emotional core, and Ledger is great in it, but it generally gets remembered as a punchline more than anything else. A lot of people don't even remember that Ledger was in it.
    How many hetero guys want to invest their time watching a gay cowboy romance?

You can see the inaccessibility there

How many hetero guys want to invest their time watching a gay cowboy romance?

You can see the inaccessibility there
    I personally like to invest my time in watching good movies, regardless as to whether or not the subject matter reflects the contents of my own personal life.

I personally like to invest my time in watching good movies, regardless as to whether or not the subject matter reflects the contents of my own personal life.
    And there are a zillion good movies and only finite time

And there are a zillion good movies and only finite time
    Speak for yourself. There are 18 good movies total and I will live forever.

Destined to witness the Pels fail until the end of time

Destined to witness the Pels fail until the end of time
    The year is 2289

Robo-Lebron James is still in the league, hunting for his 87th MVP trophy. His career totals are 481,908 points, 38034 rebounds, and 51232 assists. He has 29 rings in 53 trips to the finals.

Anthony Davis XI is in the NBA, leading the league in steals.

The New Orleans Pelicans have still yet to make the WCF.

The wild thing is having seen Broke Back Mountain, nobody remembers it for anything more than the movie about two gay cowboys or ?I wish I knew how to quit you!?, and not the amazing performances. I liked the performances more than the movie itself, but Ledger gave the stronger performances in DK.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    The wild thing is having seen Broke Back Mountain, nobody remembers it for anything more than the movie about two gay cowboys or ?I wish I knew how to quit you!?, and not the amazing performances. I liked the performances more than the movie itself, but Ledger gave the stronger performances in DK.
    That's exactly what I mean! It's such a well made movie, great script, fantastic performances from Ledger and Gyllenhaal, shot really well, but in pop culture it's a meme film. It's tempting to just chalk it up to the general immaturity of a lot of audiences.

Stick to the topic please. Take your gay cowboy movie reviews to the Trump forums. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by hfacl View Post
    agreed
    Imagine bumping a thread almost two months after it died as your first post in order to complain about something this minor and unimportant lmao

Thread Information