Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: January 8th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Charlotte Hornets - 4-4

Kira can't look worse.

Oh for the days of Jimmer, Dan Dickau, and Brian Roberts!!!

Frank, Frank, where art thou, Frank?

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't see SVG taking Zo, or Bledsoe out of the starting lineup for NAW.. He might take one out for JJ if he gets his shot back.

Does anyone know if he's the kind of coach that's open to making adjustments when they're warranted?
    Zo is in a contract year if he can’t produce he has to sit. They can’t even showcase him playing like this. He is so limited offensively it’s not funny. What is he actually good at? Full court passes? He can’t shoot can’t finish and can’t beat his man off the dribble.
    SIGN A SF

But Lonzo has to see less time. Gentry brought him off the bench early last year. Time to do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Kira can't look worse.

Oh for the days of Jimmer, Dan Dickau, and Brian Roberts!!!

Frank, Frank, where art thou, Frank?
    Tim Fraizer?

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'd settle for JJ. But if his shot isn't falling, that could be an even worse disaster.
    Agreed.. lol We're in a bad spot with Zo, and Bledsoe. But as many have noted we're in an even worse spot with both starting, and on the floor at the same time.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Play NAW and Kira.
    This. I don't care about record anymore. We are losing to CHARLOTTE and OKC with our VETERAN PLAYERS.

At least make me want to watch to see some players develop.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Zo is in a contract year if he can’t produce he has to sit. They can’t even showcase him playing like this. He is so limited offensively it’s not funny. What is he actually good at? Full court passes? He can’t shoot can’t finish and can’t beat his man off the dribble.
    I'm here as Lakers fan as well.. I came with Ingram, Hart, and Zo.. Been following them pretty closely. I've tried to sit on the fence with Zo and hold out hope that it would all come together. I try to stay positive with young prospects but I can't disagree with anything you've said.

At the rate he's progressing he's looking like a taller Pat Beverly as his ceiling. I want to hope for more from him.

Basketball Guru
    im mad we got out rebounded....we played small ball with zion and got killed on the offensive board...we gave the game away by playing small ball to long and not scoring when the hornets were playing zone....

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    im mad we got out rebounded....we played small ball with zion and got killed on the offensive board...we gave the game away by playing small ball to long and not scoring when the hornets were playing zone....
    Example of SVG putting Zion in an impossible situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Tim Fraizer?
    Him too

Along with Janaro Pargo, Jarret Jack, and most definitely -- Elfrid!!!!

I'm here as Lakers fan as well.. I came with Ingram, Hart, and Zo.. Been following them pretty closely. I've tried to sit on the fence with Zo and hold out hope that it would all come together. I try to stay positive with young prospects but I can't disagree with anything you've said.

At the rate he's progressing he's looking like a taller Pat Beverly as his ceiling. I want to hope for more from him.
    Yeah man I liked him coming out of UCLA but to me he looks broken. No confidence.

SVG needs to treat Lonzo like a rookie cause I guarantee he would of pulled a rookie who was on his way to 1-7 from 3. It almost like his shot getting fixed hurt his game lol. He was outplayed by his bro on his home court. That had to sting. I knew he would likely try too much to out do his brother to the detriment of the team. He should of been pulled in the favor of Bled late in the game AGAIN. But coach would of likely lost Lonzo had he done that against LeMelo.

The one positive was JJ finally getting another double digit scoring performance. We need that most nights if we want to be a playoff team

I still hope to move both of them to get something in return before this season is over. I know for sure JJ isn?t coming back to play for SVG even if we wanted him to. Hopefully some GMs overrate Lonzo like many fans do.

Well this upcoming draft is loaded, so I wouldn?t be upset with one more losing season lol
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 01-08-2021 at 10:01 PM.

He has no interest in being here. I'd trade him str8 up for Elfrid, yesterday (if somehow we could con the Knicks out of Knox, too; why not?).

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Yeah man I liked him coming out of UCLA but to me he looks broken. No confidence.
    It's not confidence. It's lack of skill and basketball iq.

I hope they are in that locker room breaking stuff and getting into fights. Post game presser still hasnt started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I hope they are in that locker room breaking stuff and getting into fights. Post game presser still hasnt started yet.
    Doubtful. Griffin made sure he didn't bring in anyone who has the mentality to shake things up in the locker room. Zion might get there one day if they keep losing but I can't see anyone else ruffling any feathers in that locker room.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    He has no interest in being here. I'd trade him str8 up for Elfrid, yesterday (if somehow we could con the Knicks out of Knox, too; why not?).
    I haven't followed Elfrid enough to know if that's a good move or not.. but considering how Zo is playing It can't get much worse at the guard spot.

It looks like young teams with less talent are beating the Pels with energy. Credit to them.

Pelicans starting 5 season averages now, including that game:

Ingram: 24.0ppg, 7.1rpg, 5.7apg. 45.0%FG, 35.7%3PT (20/56 total), 91.8% FT
    Zion: 21.8ppg, 8.1rpg, 1.3apg. 57.1%FG, 0.00% 3pt (0/2 total), 63.1%FT
    Adams: 10.3ppg, 8.8rpg, 2.6apg. 66.6%FG, 0.00%3pt (0/0), 54.1%FT
    Bledsoe: 11.8ppg, 3.2rpg, 4.3apg. 43.7%FG, 37.8%3pt (17/45), 72.2%FT
    Lonzo: 12.4ppg, 4.3rpg, 4.4apg. 39.4%FG, 30.7%3pt (20/65), 60.0%FT
    Basketball.

I haven't followed Elfrid enough to know if that's a good move or not.. but considering how Zo is playing It can't get much worse at the guard spot.
    He's bad, and he was bad here too, but I think a part of it is just grass-is-greener syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by KoMikaera View Post
    It looks like young teams with less talent are beating the Pels with energy. Credit to them.
    No BB IQ and will. This team is soft mentally with the exception of our bigs.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's bad, and he was bad here too, but I think a part of it is just grass-is-greener syndrome.
    I was thinking that might be the case but I'm not qualified to weigh in on it lol.. I do remember Pels fans not liking him so much. I wouldn't think he'd be better than NAW.. I see a lot of potential with that kid, he hustles and plays defense. If he's open he seems to knock it down from deep. His decision making is questionable but with more reps at the 1 that will improve.

I'm all in on NAW as a lead guard, and the Pels featuring him as the future PG going forward.

Everyone needs to calm down a bit.

We did change the head coach, 2 of the starting 5, traded our leader from last year, and didn?t have much of a camp/summer league/preseason. It?s going to take some time till SVG knows what he has to work with, so now he?s going based on what he has some knowledge of. So that means tons of minutes to our known guys for the time being with BI being the man. He didn?t really have time to play with lineup combos and set up an offense that will fit the team. I knew it would be a work in progress type of season, but it is extremely frustrating

Dude... We just lost to OKC and Charlotte where we were up by 19 at home. I would not tell anyone in this fanbase to clam down after having to watch that team lose the way they lost during that stretch of home games.

Be prepared...

We'll hear it again....

"When you score 110 points you should win. We simply aren't protecting the ball and points off of those turnovers are killing us."

Thread Information