Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: January 8th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Charlotte Hornets - 4-4

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I would call 3/10 from the field with basically nothing in the paint and shooting this poorly in 4th quarters so far this season including 0.00% from 3 an example of someone who is struggling to produce.

Whether you want to call that pressure, or just an extremely specific and prolonged cold streak, that's up to you. The reality is that the production is not there.
    24.9PPG 7RPG 5.5 APG 46% 37% 84% and you say the production isn't there.. smh lol

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Again, still managed to get to the line 9 times. If a team is dedicated to take you out then others need to produce.

If one of Bledsoe or Lonzo just had a Devonte Graham type night they win this game. And he shot 38% from the field and 25% from 3. Still managed to do enough to score 17 points, 8 assists, and 1 turnover.

Ignoring the bad starting guard play and the poor defense to concentrate on Ingram's 17, 8 and 8?
    I'm not concentrating on Ingram lmao, I responded to someone else's comment about Ingram.

It was not a great game for him. That's just reality, I'm sorry if you're offended by me saying that.

I agree that Lonzo and Bledsoe were worse. I've commented on Lonzo a number of times across this thread alone and have spent months saying I want him *gone* off the team in its entirety: if your complaint is that you think I'm being too lenient on Lonzo then I'm sorry, unless you want me to just start insulting him personally there's not much more I can do.
    Basketball.

One of the things that I value more and more every year in basketball is high level decision making.

This team just doesn't have high level decision makers. To some degree a part of that is just the troubles of youth, but with some of our players it's just a fundamental flaw with how they approach basketball.

Ingram has improved a lot, and while he's still growing and still making mistakes sometimes, he's on a clear trajectory to being a very good decision maker.
    Zion still has stuff to clean up, especially defensively, but he's a solid decision maker already.
    Steven Adams is a very good decision maker.

Right now, that's it, that's the roster.
    So true...if the organization can't see it then we are in trouble big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    24.9PPG 7RPG 5.5 APG 46% 37% 84% and you say the production isn't there.. smh lol
    That's disingenuous and you know it. I'm talking about the pressure of clutch time. Go check the stats on that and get back to me.

smh.
    Lol.

This is Ingram's 1st year of carrying the load in the 4th. It's going to be rocky, but that's how stars ascend and get better.

I'm not concentrating on Ingram lmao, I responded to someone else's comment about Ingram.

It was not a great game for him. That's just reality, I'm sorry if you're offended by me saying that.

I agree that Lonzo and Bledsoe were worse. I've commented on Lonzo a number of times across this thread alone and have spent months saying I want him *gone* off the team in its entirety: if your complaint is that you think I'm being too lenient on Lonzo then I'm sorry, unless you want me to just start insulting him personally there's not much more I can do.
    I dont pay attention to these boards during the games. No he didnt have a great game but you usually wont getting double and triple teamed. Thats just reality.

We agree Lonzo and Bledsoe were worse. But there is nothing to be done about it. Can't force Kira out there. Nobody is trading for Lonzo or Bledsoe.

The defense was equally bad tonight. Charlotte just looked like a better team. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    This is Ingram's 1st year of carrying the load in the 4th. It's going to be rocky, but that's how stars ascend and get better.
    It's not fair on him though, the way we're doing things. He clearly needs some support and we're not doing it. Not only in terms of the roster construction, but the coaching as well: Zion needs to be on the floor in those final few minutes, and we need to run plays that involve both of them to split the attention of the defense. Just throwing him out there and asking him to make stuff happen is not fair.

Ingram isn’t my concern, it’s the bums around him that can’t do crap that concern me. Ingram for all intents and purposes is doing what he needs to do, every other joker wearing fleur de Lis jerseys is letting this team down.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Ingram 's not the problem. It's Lonzo, Hart and Bledsoe with their turnovers. They handle the ball the most and are extremely careless with it. They also get beat off the dribble more often than not and puts the D in scramble mode.

The Franchise
    That's disingenuous and you know it. I'm talking about the pressure of clutch time. Go check the stats on that and get back to me.

smh.
    Lol.
    During "clutch" time he was gassed game before last because there was no balance.. He's 23 years old, an all-star, and putting up consistently better numbers across the board every season. Everyone knows your commentary is off on Ingram in this board. So I guess what you're saying now should be expected.

You said the production isn't there.. The numbers don't reflect that sentiment. And yes this is all about coaching. Positioning your best players to play efficiently.

Do we even have a plan on how to develop our young talent? We have 3 guys from last years draft, and 1 guy from this years draft all occupying roster spots, but I can swear only 1 out of 4 are actually developing.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Ingram isn’t my concern, it’s the bums around him that can’t do crap that concern me. Ingram for all intents and purposes is doing what he needs to do, every other joker wearing fleur de Lis jerseys is letting this team down.
    Hold it on Adams and Zion...fair expression about the others.

It's not fair on him though, the way we're doing things. He clearly needs some support and we're not doing it. Not only in terms of the roster construction, but the coaching as well: Zion needs to be on the floor in those final few minutes, and we need to run plays that involve both of them to split the attention of the defense. Just throwing him out there and asking him to make stuff happen is not fair.
    I agree with that 100%. Coaching and management has to improve.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Ingram 's not the problem. It's Lonzo, Hart and Bledsoe with their turnovers. They handle the ball the most and are extremely careless with it. They also get beat off the dribble more often than not and puts the D in scramble mode.
    Thank you.. As much as I appreciate Pelicanidae's contributions to this board he has a blindspot with Ingram.

Obviously this isn’t the final form of the roster that Griffin is constructing, but I don’t see how any other team views these bums as assets, or carrying any value more than being door stops.

I didn't say he was the problem... There has been a narrative about Ingram in the 4th. There is even a thread with hottake analyst saying Ingram has to play better... Like huh...

Even then... He's going to struggle regardless. I thought he's stepped up just fine..

We are asking ingram to do way too much and the team relies on him so much as well... heavy iso's with pick and roll, heavy minutes, the only one that can really create for himself and others then trying to play defense...he is probably burned,especially doing this all for the first time in his career

Hold it on Adams and Zion...fair expression about the others.
    No, you are right, BI, Adams, and Zion are solid. Everyone else needs to either figure it out, or get a bus ticket out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Obviously this isn’t the final form of the roster that Griffin is constructing, but I don’t see how any other team views these bums as assets, or carrying any value more than being door stops.
    Let all walk and draft new guards and PLAY THEM SVG. So sad to see other team's youngsters upstage our vets.

I didn't say he was problem... There has been a narrative about Ingram in the 4th. There is even a thread with hottake analyst saying Ingram has to play better... Like huh...
    He does have to play better in the fourth. That's just objectively true.

But he doesn't have to do that alone, and he shouldn't forced to fight the coach and the lineup to do it either. The job of the coach (during gametime, not talking about the other stuff) is to put the players in the position to succeed. Right now, that's not happening for Ingram. So that needs to change. He needs to play better but he should be helped to do so, and his job should be made easier so that he can do so. Can't expect him to work miracles.

At this point I'd bench either Lonzo or Bledsoe and start NAW. Just shake things up.

I really wish Griff would have traded Lonzo in the short off season like most of us thought. I can't believe no one would have taken the bait.

That was another mistake.

The Franchise
    I could be wrong but I don't see SVG taking Zo, or Bledsoe out of the starting lineup for NAW.. He might take one out for JJ if he gets his shot back.

Does anyone know if he's the kind of coach that's open to making adjustments when they're warranted?

Play NAW and Kira.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't see SVG taking Zo, or Bledsoe out of the starting lineup for NAW.. He might take one out for JJ if he gets his shot back.

Does anyone know if he's the kind of coach that's open to making adjustments when they're warranted?
    I'd settle for JJ. But if his shot isn't falling, that could be an even worse disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    At this point I'd bench either Lonzo or Bledsoe and start NAW. Just shake things up.

I really wish Griff would have traded Lonzo in the short off season like most of us thought. I can't believe no one would have taken the bait.

That was another mistake.
    If no one took the Bledsoe bait. They sure as hell not taking the Lonzo bait.

Thread Information