Pelicans Report

Thread: I see things Alonzo still does that my AAU guards do

Pelicans I see things Lonzo still does that my AAU guards do

I see Zo get a rebound and in excitement take off down the court by himself against several players and turn the ball over either by missed layup or getting picked. I always asked my players
    where you going? I saw this last night also when the pelicans had opportunity to take the lead in the third. The dude got excited rebounded a ball...took off from 0 to 60 in three seconds... headed down court fast to no where.
    Coach needs to nip that in the bud every time he does that when the numbers are not there. Hate to say but players will default to their habits when they're not focused. We know this this team is like a two
    year old..they don't stay focused long. Just an observation from an old coach.
    Last edited by sterlr; 01-07-2021 at 06:57 PM.

Hart does it too. The number of times he takes a board off the glass and then bolts down the court into a 1 on 3 or 1 on 4 and then tries to make something happen when there's nothing there is infuriating. The downside to having a really good rebounding guard like him: you better hope he's also a good decision maker, or those boards get turned into mistakes pretty quickly.
    Basketball.

Who's Alonzo

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Hart does it too. The number of times he takes a board off the glass and then bolts down the court into a 1 on 3 or 1 on 4 and then tries to make something happen when there's nothing there is infuriating. The downside to having a really good rebounding guard like him: you better hope he's also a good decision maker, or those boards get turned into mistakes pretty quickly.
    good post and totally spot on....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

When have you ever seen Lonzo just shake somebody with his handle? It honestly seems like he went straight to AAU with no black top.

As a guard, you do eventually achieve a level of mastery where it's almost impossible for someone to take the ball from you. You might see CP3, Lillard, Steph get ripped maybe 5 times the whole year, if that.

Lonzo it happens every other game. Besides the bad decisions is his lack of ability to get off 1-on-1. Which is strange since his brother has no problems with that.

Coaches have to be telling them to push it if they get the boards.
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    When have you ever seen Lonzo just shake somebody with his handle? It honestly seems like he went straight to AAU with no black top.

As a guard, you do eventually achieve a level of mastery where it's almost impossible for someone to take the ball from you. You might see CP3, Lillard, Steph get ripped maybe 5 times the whole year, if that.

Lonzo it happens every other game. Besides the bad decisions is his lack of ability to get off 1-on-1. Which is strange since his brother has no problems with that.
    He wasn't really beating people off the dribble in college either the knocks on him that I remember was always his athleticism and shot. I just think he is what he is at this point. I don't see any drive or passion in him; he will be on another team next year. In a 6th or 7th man role

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Who's Alonzo
    Typo you know

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Coaches have to be telling them to push it if they get the boards.
    I don't know if the coaches are telling him to take off but my players did this unconsciously until I slowed them down (focused them). Maybe he's still in Gentry mode (lol!)

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Lamelo shares a variety of problems with Lonzo, but handle isn't one of them. Melo had one of the best handles in his class, and while he lacks the burst to be truly lethal with it, it's still very good. Lonzos handle, especially for a PG, is incredibly threadbare.

I don’t see Alonzo Mourning anywhere on our roster. Probably too old by now anyway.

After having GO GO GO beaten into their heads by Gentry, it may take a while to slow them down.
    Last edited by redrum; 01-07-2021 at 11:29 PM.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

The Franchise
    I remember telling you about this when you thought Ingram and Hart were going to have the same amount of production.. and yes it's infuriating.

Thread Information