Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Every year it?s the same thing

Every year it?s the same thing

This is a young team that needs time to develop.

I don?t think there has been a year when we weren?t in a development mode. I am hopeful that the cookies are baked by next year, but after tonight?s game it feels like we are still trying to figure out if we want to put raisins or chocolate chips in the batter.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Trust the process?

I believe in Bayou Ron Jeremy, but these game’s got me wondering if his players do.

Told you it was a bad idea kicking Julius Randle to the curb

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Told you it was a bad idea kicking Julius Randle to the curb
    He was garbage literally all of last year, and he's shooting unsustainable percentages from several areas on the floor (unless you think he's suddenly Michael Jordan/Kevin Durant levels of mid-range efficiency after never shooting more than 35.8% from there before). Knee-jerk reactions fewer than 10 games in are never a good look.

Wait until we're 30 or 40 games in at least before trying to do the victory lap on someone having the best stretch of their career out of nowhere.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He was garbage literally all of last year, and he's shooting unsustainable percentages from several areas on the floor (unless you think he's suddenly Michael Jordan/Kevin Durant levels of mid-range efficiency after never shooting more than 35.8% from there before). Knee-jerk reactions fewer than 10 games in are never a good look.

Wait until we're 30 or 40 games in at least before trying to do the victory lap on someone having the best stretch of their career out of nowhere.
    This from the Brandon Ingram expert?

Is that last line for Lonzo or for Randle?

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Is that last line for Lonzo or for Randle?
    If it can apply for both... Does it matter?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I said this in the game day post. The Pels have been walking in place for years and fans keep preaching patience but that’s what has this culture of this team so weak.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

I don?t think there has been a year when we weren?t in a development mode. I am hopeful that the cookies are baked by next year, but after tonight?s game it feels like we are still trying to figure out if we want to put raisins or chocolate chips in the batter.
    We have not done a true rebuild since we drafted CP3

Demps dumb young vet strategy and trading all our draft picks made it so we was never a true young team that could grow. After AD first year we traded for Jrue, signed Evans, Ryno, Hill. Then traded first round picks for Asik and Boogie.

Compared to that mess I'm fine where we are at right now, with young assets and draft picks plus we have no bad long term contracts that tie us down.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I said this in the game day post. The Pels have been walking in place for years and fans keep preaching patience but that’s what has this culture of this team so weak.
    Literally no one here was here years ago though. Zion is our longest tenured player.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Literally no one here was here years ago though. Zion is our longest tenured player.
    Really?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Really?
    Really. We inked the trade for Ingram and Lonzo and them a few days before the draft, but they weren’t official Pelicans until after the draft took place.

And the last players we had before Zion either weren’t re-signed or were traded to get Adams and Bledsoe.

Really?
    Yep. Which is wild, because he is 20 years old.

This team is young, but it sucks.

Bump

Pels life

The only time we have life defensively is when the guys who don't get regular PT are in there fighting their tails off. They still make mistakes and are poor but the effort and energy is at least there. This team still feels like Alvin Gentry infected it. Just so anxious to get on offense you let them run right to the basket. Our guard defense is so bad. So so so bad.
    "..but there's Baron dribbling the ball for 20 seconds, hoisting bad 3s and single-handedly killing them in close games. It's like somebody shrunk Antoine Walker and gave him his own team."
    - Bill Simmons (2006)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

This is simply not true. And this mindset of thinking and not being patient got us in the AD situation and "young vets" process as well as the CP3 situation.

When was the last time this organization developed a talent that's not a top 5 pick that they drafted or brought here and got better? THATS the issue with this franchise.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Honestly I feel more Pelicans fans are folks making knee jerk reactions after every game. I honestly don't see much patient Pelican fans anymore..

When will folks realize we barely ever had a development season? The last I can recall was the Darren Collinson and Marcus Thorton year. Ironically both guys were traded for "young vets"

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Honestly I feel more Pelicans fans are folks making knee jerk reactions after every game. I honestly don't see much patient Pelican fans anymore..

When will folks realize we barely ever had a development season? The last I can recall was the Darren Collinson and Marcus Thorton year. Ironically both guys were traded for "young vets"
    Patience?

Imagine a TV show that was bad or terrible almost every year of existence, with an episode here or there that is great (2007-08, Mourning's rookie year, etc).... and someone tells you to be patient. Eventually it might be good, maybe

This is entertainment, pure and simple. And the team has been in existence for around 30 years and achieved essentially nothing. But its always gonna be better and/or different next year.

You wouldnt go to a restaurant that has been bad for most of their 30 years. Or watch a TV show that has been bad for most of its 30 years. But sports is different for some reason and people will allow themselves to be emotionally invested for 30 years despite always being disappointed, and then tell themselves that the future will be better (even though history tells them it wont)

Its quite perplexing
    @mcnamara247

Unsustainable?

Should I wait another 30 games before I start running?
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-05-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Unsustainable?

Should I wait another 30 games before I start running?
    the Hatfield's and McCoy's had nothing on you guys....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Patience?

Imagine a TV show that was bad or terrible almost every year of existence, with an episode here or there that is great (2007-08, Mourning's rookie year, etc).... and someone tells you to be patient. Eventually it might be good, maybe

This is entertainment, pure and simple. And the team has been in existence for around 30 years and achieved essentially nothing. But its always gonna be better and/or different next year.

You wouldnt go to a restaurant that has been bad for most of their 30 years. Or watch a TV show that has been bad for most of its 30 years. But sports is different for some reason and people will allow themselves to be emotionally invested for 30 years despite always being disappointed, and then tell themselves that the future will be better (even though history tells them it wont)

Its quite perplexing
    Your schtick is getting old. Our current situation is totally different than the previous 18 years, and you know it. BTW, that twitter melt down of yours last month was pretty epic!

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Your schtick is getting old. Our current situation is totally different than the previous 18 years, and you know it. BTW, that twitter melt down of yours last month was pretty epic!
    Just like it was different when we got CP3 and the future was so bright? Or like when we won the AD lottery and also had the 10th pick that year plus all our own future picks and stole Ryan Anderson from Orlando and had a young Eric Gordon too?

So different from those other times we got a future HOF'er and future MVP candidate?

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Just like it was different when we got CP3 and the future was so bright? Or like when we won the AD lottery and also had the 10th pick that year plus all our own future picks and stole Ryan Anderson from Orlando and had a young Eric Gordon too?

So different from those other times we got a future HOF'er and future MVP candidate?
    yes, it's different. It's not an argument. You can stay on brand if you'd like, but it's become quite boring

Thread Information