Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: March 11th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Minnesota Timberwolves - 15-21

Pelicans March 11th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Minnesota Timberwolves - 15-21

First game back after the All-Star break and we take on the Minnesota Timberwolves, who are currently a 7-29 team and the prohibitive favourites for the title of ''worst team in the NBA''.

That hasn't stopped us from losing to them this year: they hit us with a 10 point loss back in late January, and while we've generally been winning more since that time we've actually been on an embarrassing slide recently. We've lost 4 of our last 5, including against Chicago and the barely .500 Miami Heat. Some losses you understand (Milwaukee) but others just leave you feeling gross inside.

Minnesota are 29th in ORtg and 25th in DRtg; they rank top 5 in both blocks and steals but they foul like nobody's business, turn it over relatively frequently, don't really rebound particularly well, shoot 34% from 3 as a team, and are the 2nd worst team in the NBA in FG%.

This team in Minnesota is a dreadful squad. There is no real excuse for losing. But we're the Pelicans so we can't rest on any laurels and get complacent; either we put the pedal to the metal or we get smoked, that's how it is for us. We're not good enough to play casual with anyone.

Let's see which version of the Pels shows up.
    Basketball.

Odds we lose to Chris Finch tonight?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Odds we lose to Chris Finch tonight?
    Pretty high. The Pels always come back from breaks like they forgot how to play together.

Well, looks like are bouncing back very well from a nice break.

Ok, Adams looks refreshed after the break.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Kids with that awesome steal and score. I hope gets more play and they still make the playoffs. But I know the team has a better chance with the veterans.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Eh, this team is so unimpressive.

My guy Naz Reid killing us as usual! Wish we had that guy backing up Zion over Didi somewhere over seas LOL

When did Naz Reid become a 3pt shooter?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Eh, this team is so unimpressive.
    I can live with that. For now.

Wolves are killing our bench.

Which is par for the course, I suppose. I hope we get some real bench pieces in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Which is par for the course, I suppose. I hope we get some real bench pieces in FA.
    Yep, especially in the front court

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Why are we not going to Zion..... AT ALL???

Yooooo! Tell Bledsoe go home brah.

The T-Wolves actually have a decent coach now to match their talent. It’s going to be a long night. I still think the Pels will win this in a close one.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Can they just end this season? These dudes only have one quarter of energy to give after a week off.

Pelz just allowed the TWolves to make 23 of their last 25 shots of the first half. How can a defense be this bad?!

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    Pelz just allowed the TWolves to make 23 of their last 25 shots of the first half. How can a defense be this bad?!
    It’s a combination of low basketball IQ and a lack of intestinal fortitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    You let dudes get comfy off ball and they find their spots or open lanes. Our intensity off ball is non existence.

Starts with first line of defense to the last line.

Man if we were good and looking to be in the playoffs I’d love to add LaMarcus Aldridge to backup Zion if he gets bought out. He’d be a nice vet for Zion to learn some from

But we stink and I want a high draft pick lol

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Man if we were good and looking to be in the playoffs I’d love to add LaMarcus Aldridge to backup Zion if he gets bought out. He’d be a nice vet for Zion to learn some from

But we stink and I want a high draft pick lol
    If it was 30 year Aldridge. I'd love it. 35 year old Aldridge where defense and rebound has fallen off. I'd pass.

You’re not fooling us Griff. You were all in on the stealth tank as soon as you traded Jrue for Bledsoe.

What is going on?????

Just another night of pelicans basketball

Thread Information