Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Van Gundy Concerns {edited}

The Franchise
    Hated the hire. He?s a retread. To busy running his mouth on Twitter

I really am humored.

This team has been in distress since AD first indicated he wanted out well over two years ago, and the guy who has been here for less than 15 games is at the root to this team's problems.

I guess it our culture; FACTS BE DAMNED!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    Hated the hire. He?s a retread. To busy running his mouth on Twitter
    Nonsense.

Well he got kicked out tonight. Still did not make a difference

We were up 16 at one point. We will end up losing by 10-15 points. That’s a 31 point turnaround.

These teams are laughing at us and our inability to shoot. We literally stand around on offense. Watching. Waiting. Watching. Waiting. Watching.

Maybe.. just maybe.... we should of drafted a shooter.... and maybe... we should of focused on getting a shooter with the Holiday trade....

Just saw Ingram on the bench. He looks like he wants to be traded already.

What’s the worst thing about all this... if we keep playing like this... we have ZERO chance of keeping Zion.

We definitely need one or more shooters. I thought we looked better last night adding some pace. They seem more comfortable playing with a little more pace rather than the snail's pace we have been playing with. Having said that, SVG really disappears in game. We do not seem to adjust as teams are coming out after half and destroying us routinely. He also allowed the Jazz to go on a 18-2 run without calling timeout.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    We definitely need one or more shooters. I thought we looked better last night adding some pace. They seem more comfortable playing with a little more pace rather than the snail's pace we have been playing with. Having said that, SVG really disappears in game. We do not seem to adjust as teams are coming out after half and destroying us routinely. He also allowed the Jazz to go on a 18-2 run without calling timeout.
    That's probably because he made an ill advised challenge on Lonzo's foul. Refs never overturn calls when the defender is anywhere in the vicinity of the shooter's landing position.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    That's probably because he made an ill advised challenge on Lonzo's foul. Refs never overturn calls when the defender is anywhere in the vicinity of the shooter's landing position.
    That was a terrible call. Mitchell kicked out his leg when coming down. The NBA officiating has just become a way to pad the stars' stats.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    That was a terrible call. Mitchell kicked out his leg when coming down. The NBA officiating has just become a way to pad the stars' stats.
    Maybe, but the refs never overturn those type of calls. And we may ********** about it but JJ gets those calls all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I really am humored.

This team has been in distress since AD first indicated he wanted out well over two years ago, and the guy who has been here for less than 15 games is at the root to this team's problems.

I guess it our culture; FACTS BE DAMNED!!
    Coaches get blamed for everything... as if they coach players to do the dumb $#!t that they do. This team has been turning the ball over a ton since Monty was here... but its Van Gundy's fault. We've been bottom of the league in defending the 3 pointer for years, bbut its SVG's fault.

Some fans will never hold the players accountable. It is what it is.

SVG cannot change the Cast (that's on the front office), but he can change the production. It's high time for lineup changes to be made, for SVG's own sake, if not the team's. My suggestion:

PG: Kira
    SG: Lonzo
    SF: BI
    PF: Zion
    C: Adams

6th Man: NAW
    7th Man: JAX
    8th Man: JJ
    9th Man: Thornwell
    10th Man: Hart

Notice the conspicuous absence?

SVG cannot change the Cast (that's on the front office), but he can change the production. It's high time for lineup changes to be made, for SVG's own sake, if not the team's. My suggestion:

PG: Kira
    SG: Lonzo
    SF: BI
    PF: Zion
    C: Adams

6th Man: NAW
    7th Man: JAX
    8th Man: JJ
    9th Man: Thornwell
    10th Man: Hart

Notice the conspicuous absence?
    Yes. The absence of logic in starting Lonzo

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Yes. The absence of logic in starting Lonzo
    You got to see what he can do off the ball with a true point guard.

Is this round 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Maybe, but the refs never overturn those type of calls. And we may ********** about it but JJ gets those calls all the time.
    Oh, I doubted they would overturn it, but it was not like what JJ does. JJ does a great job of jumping with his whole body near a player. He does not usually kick out the legs like that.

Someone tell SVG to stop coaching Lonzo to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Someone tell SVG to stop coaching Lonzo to do this.

I get what your saying but he can always bench a guy.

Agreed. But it goes out to the team as a whole. SVG can drill the right thing to do into our guy’s heads. But if they don’t execute, we blame the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Agreed. But it goes out to the team as a whole. SVG can drill the right thing to do into our guy’s heads. But if they don’t execute, we blame the coach.
    Yeah it's always a difficult situation for fans on the outside looking in to determine where the majority of the blame lays.

Wonder if Bledsoe called for the ball as Ball was not even looking his way.

Stan, Stan, Stan! I defended you! You let me down! Well it might be time

Is he going to live or die by the ‘Veteran presence?’ That is the question. Give the youngsters minutes. There is a bigger picture.

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1445373/

Well That's that for the time being.
    This is what you get when you go with an older traditional coach.

Gundy needs to give Kira and NAW more time. Starting 6 games ago.

The jazz run last night without a TO is unacceptable.

Grif might have to make change soon. They don’t care for SVG

The Franchise
    These young players don’t relate to a relic like SVG. We should have hired a you up and coming coach. Only time SVG won anything, he had Shaq

Thread Information