Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: January 4th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Indiana Pacers - 4-2

This was not the first game this season that lonzo didn't call a timeout where he was in trouble during a crucial time... i forgot which game it was that he forced the issue instead of just calling a timeout... svg and the coaching staff was also at fault with that, but you also want your lead guard to think right in situations like that instead of relying on someone else.

Should have been 2 FTs and a foul on Turner at this point and the NBA itself acknowledges they blew the call.

Instead of up 6, we could have been up 8 with Turner fouled out. That's a huge swing.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Should have been 2 FTs and a foul on Turner at this point and the NBA itself acknowledges they blew the call.

Instead of up 6, we could have been up 8 with Turner fouled out. That's a huge swing.
    I'm glad it wasn't called. It exposed the total breakdown of on and off court processes when we were up 106-103

Much better than just popping a quick band aid on top and pretending everything's rosy
    Last edited by AusPel; 01-05-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I'm glad it wasn't called. It exposed the total breakdown of on and off court processes when we were up 106-103

Much better than just popping a quick band aid on top and pretending everything's rosy
    Maybe I'm overestimating the team here, and the staff, but I would hope scraping a 2 point win when we were up 12 with 2 minutes left wouldn't have left them complacent.

Maybe I'm overestimating the team here, and the staff, but I would hope scraping a 2 point win when we were up 12 with 2 minutes left wouldn't have left them complacent.
    It's human nature to become more complacent when things appear good. Would anyone have pulled up Stan about not calling a timeout had we won? Maybe not

Rebuke is usually more constructive than praise

Definitely a weird year, although I wouldn't say the Brooklyn issues are one of the weirder things. Their offense has been fine, as expected, but I think most people predicted their defense to be shambolic and that's exactly what it's been. Post-injury Durant is not a positive defender, Kyrie is not a positive defender, DeAndre Jordan hasn't been a positive defender in years and they insist on feeding him minutes, LeVert has never been a good defender, etc. It was always going to present an issue.

Dallas having double issues: not only is Doncic playing himself into shape, but they're missing Porzingis still. Going to be a struggle for them for a little while I think.

And yep, Memphis' has our usual injury luck.

Definitely could be worse, you''re right.
    And San Antonio just lost White.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And San Antonio just lost White.
    If we finally have a decent year for injury luck, after about 10 years of constantly being one of the worst teams for it, we might make the playoffs simply by attrition. Last man standing.

How did we manage to lose this game??

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    How did we manage to lose this game??
    When you're working with a very rushed product due to the off season and new coaching. Mistakes will be made and honestly... every team gets handed a loss like this every year.

I know we have PTSD because lost like 82% of games by 12 points or less and have the most blown 2nd half leads last year, but any alarmist thoughts is overreactionary.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    the fact is that this game was BLOWN near the end and numerous mistakes and blunders were made by both players and coaches.... what actually provides me hope nowadays is how they manage to deal with disappointing performances and decisions, yet still hang in there for the most part... when, and if, some of these things turn around, watch out...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

It was aTERRIBLE way to lose this game... Let's learn from it and move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    When you're working with a very rushed product due to the off season and new coaching. Mistakes will be made and honestly... every team gets handed a loss like this every year.

I know we have PTSD because lost like 82% of games by 12 points or less and have the most blown 2nd half leads last year, but any alarmist thoughts is overreactionary.
    yeah but still to lose a game like this takes a group effort

Thread Information