Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: January 4th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Indiana Pacers - 4-2

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Any attempt to make this about Ingram is ridiculous.. with that being said some of you are just being consistent I suppose. =)
    It isn't about Ingram it's about taking advantage of mismatches. I'd take Zion (body) going to the rim on Holiday all night vs Ingram driving into teeth of the defense without power.

At the end of the game, Ingram became the point forward (or whatever you want to call it) therefore relegating Bledsoe and Ball spacers, which they are not.
    If the Pels plan is to end games with the ball in Ingrams hands every possession, they need spot up shooters surrounding him which I am not sure are on the roster.
    Last edited by redrum; 01-04-2021 at 09:53 PM.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

I don't understand why a coach would think that trying to give JJ Redick shots should take supremacy in your offense. If he doesn't have any rhythm... just sit him. How hard is that?

Any attempt to make this about Ingram is ridiculous.. with that being said some of you are just being consistent I suppose. =)
    He took 31 shots Nichols.

I know you love Ingram, and literally nobody is mad at him alone for it (at least, I don't think so). He hit some big shots in the 4th to keep us in the game at that point and he's been really good all season so far.

That doesn't change the fact that he took multiple really ill advised shots particularly in OT where the ball saw basically nobody else but him. It got to the point where it was making the rounds on Twitter. Look:

Like, this was the narrative that most people drew, even non-Pelicans and non-Pacers fans who just happened to be watching. Ingram went hero ball this game, sorry.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    It isn't about Ingram it's about taking advantage of mismatches. I'd take Zion (body) going to the rim on Holiday all night vs Ingram driving into teeth of the defense without power.
    That's on the coaching staff.. and I agree.

Not Brandon fault but he took a few bad shots but hell he earned the right but Bledsoe taking early shot clock threes is a no

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    I don't have a problem with Ingram having the ball down late. But yeah, not giving Zion EVEN a touch when he has Justin ********ing Holiday on him is inexcusable.

Brandon played a hell of a game the issue is we playing a slow 64 guard who’s shot isn’t falling which is his thing so he’s just out there then Bledsoe is a downgraded jrue let’s be honest

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

I know you love Ingram, and literally nobody is mad at him alone for it (at least, I don't think so). He hit some big shots in the 4th to keep us in the game at that point and he's been really good all season so far.

That doesn't change the fact that he took multiple really ill advised shots particularly in OT where the ball saw basically nobody else but him. It got to the point where it was making the rounds on Twitter. Look:

Like, this was the narrative that most people drew, even non-Pelicans and non-Pacers fans who just happened to be watching. Ingram went hero ball this game, sorry.
    He took some shots I didn't like.. Some too early in the shot clock.

With that being said, If you're given the rock and instructed by the coach to make plays down the stretch in addition to being exhausted you're not being used optimally.
    This is on the coach. Not him.. If Zion was in there to help relieve pressure Ingram would have performed better.

This isn't about him.. You sometimes go out of your way to nit pick.. Like so what if he was a -6. They aren't even in this game without his presence.

SVG in the post:

- He accepts blame for not calling the time out
    - Says he didn't like Ingram ''having to take difficult shots'' because of lack of movement and shooting early in the clock. Blames himself.
    - Justifies keeping Zion sat by saying he was gassed, wanted to get Zion back in earlier but he didn't call the TO: ''a lot of bad coaching decisions by me tonight''
    - Comments on the late offense with ''we've got to get more movement late in the game, we were just riding Brandon, it was going well but we rode it too long; we should have run some different stuff [...] he didn't really have the juice left, we ride him too hard and he runs out of gas''

Man get Zion the damn ball, nothing else needs to be said.

Looks like NOLA has another head coach obsessed with hero ball SVG with Ingram and Payton with passing the ball. Why can't we have a coach with balance. Their thought process is inexcusable at times.

Random people on twitter, most likely Lonzo stans (the only people I've seen that routinely say Ingram is a ball hog every single game), say he sucked.

Well thats it then I guess. Nevermind they have no chance to win this game at all if not for a mostly excellent 4th.

The game comes down to simple execution when you are forcing a team to play the foul game. You cannot turn the ball over coming out of a timeout. Both Redick and Lonzo looked completely confused and hurried trying to handle the ball. That cannot happen.

With that being said, If you're given the rock and instructed by the coach to make plays down the stretch in addition to being exhausted you're not being used optimally.
    This is on the coach. Not him.. If Zion was in there to help relieve pressure Ingram would have performed better.
    Yep, that would be why I said I don't think anyone is mad at him alone. It's not entirely his fault that the offense became Ingram's Shooting Gallery.

They aren't even in this game without his presence.
    Yes, which would be why I said ''he hit some big shots in the 4th to keep us in the game''. No disagreement there.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Random people on twitter, most likely Lonzo stans (the only people I've seen that routinely say Ingram is a ball hog every single game), say he sucked.

Well thats it then I guess. Nevermind they have no chance to win this game at all if not for a mostly excellent 4th.

The game comes down to simple execution when you are forcing a team to play the foul game. You cannot turn the ball over coming out of a timeout. Both Redick and Lonzo looked completely confused and hurried trying to handle the ball. That cannot happen.
    Seth Partnow is ex-analytics head for the Milwaukee Bucks, and Jenkins is a Nuggets guy

But hey, I guess they must just be Lonzo stans.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    At the end of the game, Ingram became the point forward (or whatever you want to call it) therefore relegating Bledsoe and Ball spacers, which they are not.
    If the Pels plan is to end games with the ball in Ingrams hands every possession, they need spot up shooters surrounding him which I am not sure are on the roster.
    That's the problem.. He shouldn't have to run the offense every possession down the stretch. It's why he was exhausted and it showed. Zion is more than capable of taking some of those possessions.

SVG in the post:

- Says he didn't like Ingram ''having to take difficult shots'' because of lack of movement and shooting early in the clock. Blames himself.
    - Justifies keeping Zion sat by saying he was gassed, wanted to get Zion back in earlier but he didn't call the TO: ''a lot of bad coaching decisions by me tonight''
    - Comments on the late offense with ''we've got to get more movement late in the game, we were just riding Brandon, it was going well but we rode it too long; we should have run some different stuff [...] he didn't really have the juice left, we ride him too hard and he runs out of gas''
    Thats nice SVG. But this is the second time you've had to say this.

Lets see if you can be like Sean Payton and actually make changes in the game and not just talk about them at the podium.

The Franchise
    SVG in the post:

This is exactly what I'm saying..

This is exactly what I'm saying..
    Yep, and literally nobody disagreed with you.

He made some passes too Brandon is the best player then Zion he passes the ball and he’s aggressive he has heart we just need a real solid point guard (hopefully Kira) lonzo can become the 3/D guy Bledsoe should be a backup pg

Seth Partnow is ex-analytics head for the Milwaukee Bucks, and Jenkins is a Nuggets guy

But hey, I guess they must just be Lonzo stans.
    Those tweets aren't analytical at all and seem highly unprofessional for supposed professional basketball people.

But they are some random "basketball" guys so I guess those tweets mean something. Are they employed now?

The Franchise
    Yep, and literally nobody disagreed with you.
    So let's not make the focus on Ingram in regards to what took place tonight.. directly or indirectly.. Which is what you did.

Also, I don't think this should be dramatic and it's not aimed at Ingram in particular, but in my personal opinion there's almost never a good reason for one player to take 30+ shots in a game.

If they're just absolutely in flames and cannot miss and they're like, 24/30 or something then yeah okay fine, but that barely ever happens.

If someone is 9/25, that is not an indicator that they should be your sole conduit of offense for the next 10 minutes. It just isn't. The number of instances a player takes 30 shots or more in a season should be able to be counted on one hand for any given team.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Those tweets aren't analytical at all and seem highly unprofessional for supposed professional basketball people.

But they are some random "basketball" guys so I guess those tweets mean something. Are they employed now?
    ...Nobody said those tweets in particular were ''analytical'', you said they were ''random people'' who were probably ''Lonzo stans'' so I explained who they were. No big deal if you don't care, but now you have the information you were clearly unaware of beforehand.

Maybe wenyen Gabriel is the answer to some of our issues ������

Thread Information