Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: January 4th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Indiana Pacers - 4-2

Pelicans January 4th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Indiana Pacers - 4-2

After a good win last game which saw Ingram scoring on full gear, Zion incorporating more driving and slashing into his game like we hope will continue, and Eric Bledsoe having his best game as a Pelican, we rose to 4-2: after 6 games last year, we were 1-5.

Tonight, still at home, we take on the Pacers in the hopes of making it 5-2, trying to shore up our record before that brutal road trip. It won't be an easy one: while I do think it's winnable, the Pacers have been playing very well, with Oladipo looking better than he has in some time and Domantas Sabonis doing his best impression of his dad: it's a pretty decent impression too.

For me, as I've said before, the X factor here is JJ. We need him to have a bounce back at some point, and preferably some point soon, because with each passing day it's getting harder to justify feeding him minutes. Like, sure, NAW hasn't exactly been much more efficient but at least NAW is 15 years younger than JJ and has way more room to grow. It's easier to justify someone having bad minutes if they're growth minutes; much less so when they're in their mid to late 30s and are literally the oldest member of the roster.

Otherwise, I just keep my fingers crossed for more good defense, more good progression from Zion, more impressive shooting from Ingram, and another W for the record.
    Basketball.

I’m VERY excited about tonights game and feel like a win tonight can really getting this team moving!

Please don’t let us all down! Every time I felt like this last year.... the basketball god gave us a firm slap in the face!

Minimize turnovers. Play solid D. The rest will work itself out.

Indiana's start shows signs of fool's gold. They've only played 1 road game. Their hardest games were the two against Boston, which they split. They've also played the Knicks twice, which they split.

Looks like they start a 3 guard lineup with Brogdon, Oladipo, and Aaron Holiday. So some matchup opportunities there for Ingram.

And looks like if given the opportunity under their new coach, they'll shoot 50+ threes.

**also TJ Warren will be out for a while with an injury
    Last edited by luckyman; 01-04-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Ingram should do his thing against the pacers since i don't see them having anybody that can matchup on him... on the other end Sabonis will be a tough matchup for us since he can bang down low and stretch it out to the 3 point line as well, plus his passing has been nice this season... let's see if Zion can get going with Turner protecting the paint.... can we hit our 3's tonight and can we defend the opponents 3's

Basketball Guru
    backups hart,,,melli,,,JJ and hayes..hart is the consistent one in the rotation.....we need melli,,JJ and hayes to contribute in scoring off the bench.....i hope NAW has not played his way back on the dnp list because of his game the other night....we need NAW scoring off the bench...

is it safe to say that these same backup players were more productive last season under gentry in the early part of the season?.....if so, is it the pace that has the bench scoring down right now?...JJ and melli cant seem to find their shooting rhythm right now....

I believe whoever wins the Sabonis (20.8/11.3/6.7) / Zion (19.7/8.2/1.0) matchup wins the game. I can see one or the other getting in foul trouble.

Interesting stuff from JJ as always. Especially the 2nd question on the defense and then on his shooting..."I'd love a 3 - 12 shooting night"

Y'all talking good... But I'm curious whether if Lonzo ACTUALLY hits that damn floater he keeps trying

Side note, I can see Myles Turner getting sucked into help defense with Sabonis on Zion. That should open up some looks for teamates (*AHEM* JJ). Let's hope Zion actually get calls this time rather than getting hacked AND blocked.

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Interesting stuff from JJ as always. Especially the 2nd question on the defense and then on his shooting..."I'd love a 3 - 12 shooting night"

I think he's referring to, you can't really get into a rhythm with 4 attempts. Hence his response, would rather get 12 shots up and if he makes 3, he'll have to live with it. At least that's what I got out of it.

For everyone saying they don’t have anyone to match up with Ingram, did oladipo become a trash defender or something?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    For everyone saying they don’t have anyone to match up with Ingram, did oladipo become a trash defender or something?
    No player listed at 6'4" should give Ingram problems on defense. Especially one with Oladipos injury history. But most likely the primary defender on him will be Brogdon.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    No player listed at 6'4" should give Ingram problems on defense. Especially one with Oladipos injury history. But most likely the primary defender on him will be Brogdon.
    There’s probably plenty of people 6’4” that could give him trouble if they have the wing span for it, one of them being Jrue holiday. Regardless Ingram is looking like one of the best scorers in the league so I’m sure he’ll do fine.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    yep.... he says it's on him to figure out how to get more shots.... and he is not not the least bit concerned about his percentage getting back up there either....one smart cookie if you ask me.... this was made in response to the post made by j bones!
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Someone tell Eric Bledsoe to pull his damn mask up.

Also tell me where I can buy Zion's sweater and Hart's boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Someone tell Eric Bledsoe to pull his damn mask up.

Also tell me where I can buy Zion's sweater and Hart's boots.
    Eric's drip game on point though

Woot woot!
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Bledsoe really is a smart defender

Steven Adams immediately starting work on getting Turner in foul trouble.

Pels broadcast just said if we go 5-2 tonight, that's our best start to a season since 2010-11. Literally a decade.

Lonzo with a really bad ''I'm going to charge into three defenders in the paint and make my decision about what to do when I get there'' near-turnover. Saved by Zion but woof.

Great pick and roll with Zion and Bledsoe, started well outside of the 3 point line and there was tons of time for decision making on the roll given how good Zion is at finishing. He can catch it pretty far out and figure it out in the air.

Breaking news: Ingram is a fantastic passer

Good pass across the paint by Ingram for a 3

Wow, both Ingram and Zion just getting nothing there in the paint on three different tries and then Ingram goaltends on the other end. Pretty ugly sequence there

They've got to call one of these fouls at some point, one hopes.

Thread Information