Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: January 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans VS Toronto Raptors - 3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    We're going to look really good on offense when JJ's shot starts falling. It's just a matter of time before he's back.
    I would think at some point it comes back. Miami got in his head. I am 100 percent convinced.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Now THAT'S how you close out a game! Exact opposite of last year.

If Bledsoe is now comfortable in this offense then that's a huge step forward. That shot was clutch as hell.

So at 4-2 we are 2nd place in the West, behind the Suns? LOL
    Last edited by ragincaucasian; 01-02-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Now THAT'S how you close out a game! Exact opposite of last year.

If Bledsoe is now comfortable in this offense then that's a huge step forward. That shot was clutch as hell.

So at 4-2 we are 2nd place in the West, behind the Suns? LOL
    Well, joint second with the Lakers and the Clippers, but yes.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The Pelicans are a mostly young team, who played great at the end of the game. Now they know what to do in situations like this.

Gotta rewind. Love SVG honesty and speak straight basketball. Not copping pleas or shifting blame.

Are those Pels players behind David running sprints and getting up shots after the game?

Yep
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PELS.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	6563  

SVG - The reason why Zion wasn't back in at the end, because we didn't have time outs. So, he rode it out.

Just for comparison, this time last season (6 games in, not the date) we were 1-5

Didn’t JJ go through a similar slump when he first started with the Pels? Can’t recall his numbers, but think he struggled for a few games for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    SVG - The reason why Zion wasn't back in at the end, because we didn't have time outs. So, he rode it out.
    Glad he wasn't able to force that decision. Hart was perfect to defend what Toronto had on the floor tonight to close the game.

"The Pelicans overpaid for Steven Adams...", "Theres no way he'd command $17mm in the open market next summer..."

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    You can sub in on free throws

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    You can sub in on free throws
    I think he was talking about at the very very end. I didn't get to watch most of the 4th. Once he saw it was working.. He rode it out

https://www.reddit.com/r/NOLAPelican...nderwalker_is/

NAW keeps putting in work.

Can we sign this guy on a minimum deal so that we can have Eric B and Rakim?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakim_Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Didn’t JJ go through a similar slump when he first started with the Pels? Can’t recall his numbers, but think he struggled for a few games for sure...
    So far this season, Redick is 8/31 from 3, good for 25.8%

In the first 6 games of last year, Redick was 15/38, good for 39.5%

In fact, through his first 15 games, he shot 47.7% from 3, on 7.3 per game. It was a pretty hot start.

jaxson was solid this game. worked the boards and was mostly where he needed to be on the floor.

If we're going to give grief for when he looks unplayable...

Can I say how much I don't miss Etwaun Moore and Solomon Hill...? It soothe the soul.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Damn it feels good to be 4-2.

I'm starting to actually enjoy being a fan again..... It's been a while lol

They really had to work for this one. Had to survive a team looking for revenge, a late 3 point barrage, zone defense, doubles and triples on Zion and BI.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Even though it is the beginning of the season, it feels good to see the team second in the conference. Especially knowing that they can get better.

Good to see Jax showed some positive improvement. The OKC game was pretty rough for him. I'm glad Bledsoe is starting to get comfortable. He has some dog in him. Zion started waking up a bit too. I thought he was starting to play well in the OKC game until the fouls took him out of the game. I understand why he was so frustrated it seems like the refs were letting everyone other than him get away with a lot of physical play.

Still guys. We're gonna need more bench play. Let's hope JJ gets it together soon, Nickeil can get 15+ mins a game, Hayes keeps improving, and Melli HOPEFULLY gets it together rather quickly.

Wow! Cheers to sweeping Toronto/Tampa!

Thread Information