Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: January 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans VS Toronto Raptors - 3-2

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Bledsoe been yuge
    His best game as a Pel so far, no question.
    Basketball.

Here's a sentence that couldn't have been said last year, basically ever:

''The Pelicans are really locking down defensively in the final moments of this tight game, coming up with a ton of really intense team plays.''

Eric is like a reverse 2019 4th Quarter Jrue...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Here's a sentence that couldn't have been said last year, basically ever:

''The Pelicans are really locking down defensively in the final moments of this tight game, coming up with a ton of really intense team plays.''
    Winning in the clutch... Another change for us from last year.

Pels win, 120-116: we are 4-2 on the season.

Bledsoe took this game over on both sides of the court. Without him we lose.

We lost the lead when he was taken out and regained it when he was re-inserted.
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-02-2021 at 09:03 PM.

2nd win in the clutch feels good after all those lame duck close loses from last year.**

Team just needs good Bledsoe or good Lonzo and they have a chance in any game.

Of course BI just needs to be BI.

This team is pretty dang scrappy...
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

And unfortunately Zion is on an advanced learning curve. Seeing double and triple teams 30 ish games into his career.

Super happy with the way we handled ourselves down the stretch. Bit confused why Zion sat so long in the 4th with the Raps not having Baines or Siakam on? Perfect chance to see small ball 5 Zion?

Ummm, to clarify earlier comments. I said JJ's looks are more rushed this year, which I believe is true, but another way of saying it is 'not in rhythm' which may be more accurate. His shots aren't in rhythm.

Anyways, Ingram is the truth man, I thought we'd be waiting till he was a year or two older to see this, and that was a hopeful prediction. He's waaaay ahead of where I thought he'd be.

Gotta figure out what to do when Zion gets hard doubled, give the kid some help, should be feasting off those as a team.

It feels good to see the team get stops at the end of games.

Player Names PTS REB AST STL BLK fg% 3pt% FT% to pf mins
    Brandon Ingram 31 6 4 0 1 8/17 (47.0%) 4/8 (50%) 11/14 (78.6%) 3 2 35
    Zion Williamson 21 7 1 0 1 7/12 (58.3%) 0/0 7/10 (70%) 3 2 33
    Steven Adams 13 10 1 2 0 4/7 (57.1%) 0/0 5/8 (62.5%) 3 2 31
    Eric Bledsoe 19 5 10 1 1 5/12 (41.6%) 4/6 (66.6%) 5/6 (83.3%) 0 3 31
    Lonzo Ball 13 4 4 0 2 5/14 (35.7%) 3/8 (37.5%) 0/0 0 3 35

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And unfortunately Zion is on an advanced learning curve. Seeing double and triple teams 30 ish games into his career.
    Definitely. He's responding well to it though.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    They set it up so well to work it against them in the 4th, tho.

When fatigue set in from trying to bang with Zion all night. It's definitely a scheme that works if shooting struggles. Got to keep our guards playing with confidence.

Probably the best team effort of the season. Everyone except JJ had a good to great game. Melli & NAW barely played so they don?t count lol. Loved Bled and Hayes? play. Hayes with some big boards and free throws. He needed a confidence boost and hopefully he got one to carry over to next few games.

Bled and Lonzo just have to be aggressive and good things will happen

I see where Bled had a Double Double.

Well- hopefully Lonzo and Bledsoe answered the question with these past two games that they can coexist as long as they are facilitating as they should be. The ball movement is getting much better (still needs work) but there is a lot less stopping than before. Bledsoe and Lonzo will need to continue playmaking as they have and hopefully they don’t get ice cold again from 3 as we were to start the season. That was painful.

14 assists between the two tonight. Much better

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Probably the best team effort of the season. Everyone except JJ had a good to great game. Melli & NAW barely played so they don’t count lol. Loved Bled and Hayes’ play. Hayes with some big boards and free throws. He needed a confidence boost and hopefully he got one to carry over to next few games.
    Yes, I'll agree. It was Hayes best effort as a Pelican. He has really good form when shooting free throws. Would love to see him work on the corner three.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Ingram is going to be an All Star again. He?s a quiet leader. His game is reminding me of Kobe. So skilled and so aggressive. He?s playing with a lot of confidence. I bet he?s going to surprise us because he?s still developing his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished.

And yet another game that, in the past, we lose almost every time. Awesome stuff.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Good to see Hayes catching passes down low and going hard to the bucket. And knocking down FTs. Also being disruptive down low

The Franchise
    We're going to look really good on offense when JJ's shot starts falling. It's just a matter of time before he's back.

Tonight we saw a glimpse of the potential that Zion has as a ball handler on the perimeter. My god it was beautiful.

Thread Information