Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: January 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans VS Toronto Raptors - 3-2

The difference is Zion is showing a lot more assertiveness on his drives. I feel too often this season he would only half commit on drives, but so far this game (even on his misses) he is using much more force and is using his speed much better than before. Even with his misses he has been better I feel

Lowry playing irresponsibly.

I generally like him a lot and try to make the distinction between playing gritty and being dirty, but right now he's just being reckless. Deserved those calls.
    Basketball.

And Hayes has picked it up in the last two. Encouraging

Awful over-help from Lonzo there. He's done that a couple of times this season and his footwork is not nearly good enough to let him recover.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    The difference is Zion is showing a lot more assertiveness on his drives. I feel too often this season he would only half commit on drives, but so far this game (even on his misses) he is using much more force and is using his speed much better than before. Even with his misses he has been better I feel
    Zion and SVg kind of have been stressing to be more patient at certain stages of the game. They like to set up the defense for these late runs when they are gassed. It's pretty clever. It's polar opposite of gentry. Who wanted to have his player come out the gate firing away.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Hayes playing great. If he had the experience of Adams, he would be the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    Hayes playing great. If he had the experience of Adams, he would be the starter.
    The more he learns under him. The better.

Adams needs a rebound and I'll be pretty happy.

It burns me that NAW got run in the first quarter. But none for the rest of the game. Need to give up some minutes of jj to NAW.

A big note for Jax: one of the largest areas of concern with him last season was his rebounding. He was obviously super easily moved and didn't read the ball off the rim massively well either.

He had 6 boards in 12 minutes against Phoenix, 6 boards in 14 minutes against OKC, and 8 boards in 17 minutes tonight. It's good.

Just bury them now. Put the foot down for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    It burns me that NAW got run in the first quarter. But none for the rest of the game. Need to give up some minutes of jj to NAW.
    I ahree, but Naw did play his way to the bench unfortunately

Adams dissecting them with passes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Zion and SVg kind of have been stressing to be more patient at certain stages of the game. They like to set up the defense for these late runs when they are gassed. It's pretty clever. It's polar opposite of gentry. Who wanted to have his player come out the gate firing away.
    Zion is definitely taking advantage. If he can keep up this kind of pace at the right moments, he will be much harder to stop.

I’m all about his aggressiveness tonight

Unsung part of our success tonight: only 9 turnovers so far. Only 6 from the starting lineup.

Can't start getting lazy now, it's still close enough to lose.

Team gotta tighten up

I see you Mr. SECRETARY OF DEFENSE POWELL. chill dude

Make no mistake, this Raps team is still really good

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    gotta hang in there and give yourself a legit chance at the end....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Raptors 25-25 on FT... Woah.

It's actually kind of funny how foul-free we played most of this game and then late it's all coming. It's like the refs looked at the stat sheet and went ''oh wow, we gotta call some more of those''

gotta make free throws, plzzz

Bledsoe been yuge

Thread Information