Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans VS Toronto Raptors - 3-2

Really good foot movement from Ingram on D there
    Basketball.

Adams is so good

Lonzo passes to a 30 foot giant in the middle of nowhere. Zion manages to save it but gets whacked and takes an unbalanced fall on the way down. Hope he's good

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Eric and Zo getting better at running the offense.

I wonder how many still think that locking Adams up for two additional years at 17.5MM per was a bad idea?

Bledsoe 4 shot attempts
    Zion 0 shot attempts

Makes sense

Always hate it when Zion goes long stretches without getting any shot attempts. Feels like a waste of him on offense if you aren't even considering looking for looks for him. He's taken 0 shots in his first 6 minutes; by comparison, every other starter has taken at least 2, including 4 for Bledsoe who is 1/4

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    how can you not call a foul when the slap is loud enough to be heard on the TV broadcast?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I wonder how many still think that locking Adams up for two additional years at 17.5MM per was a bad idea?
    Yeah Adams has probably been our second best player so far. Bargain deal tbh (assuming health)

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Always hate it when Zion goes long stretches without getting any shot attempts. Feels like a waste of him on offense if you aren't even considering looking for looks for him. He's taken 0 shots in his first 6 minutes; by comparison, every other starter has taken at least 2, including 4 for Bledsoe who is 1/4
    I'll take a beating, but......

That's what I mean by 'One Trick Pony'. Take away what he does very well, and he not very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    how can you not call a foul when the slap is loud enough to be heard on the TV broadcast?
    Because officiating in the NBA is at it's lowest point ever.

Are they doubling Zion?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Are they doubling Zion?
    They have a few times but more often than not, he just hasn't been getting a touch on offense. There have been like, 3 consecutive possessions at a time where the ball doesn't even look his way.

On the plus side, on the few occasions he has gotten the ball and been doubled, his passing out of it has been good.

NAW is a beast man, reminds me sooo much of Jrue offensively and defensively

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I'll take a beating, but......

That's what I mean by 'One Trick Pony'. Take away what he does very well, and he not very effective.
    Honestly, I know you'll disagree with me, but I really think on offense SVG hasn't utilized Zion as well as Gentry did, which was one of the few things he actually did well last year. Ingram rightfully deserves to be the first option, but outside that Zion should be getting force fed the ball, and he's not. It's early, and hopefully that changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Honestly, I know you'll disagree with me, but I really think on offense SVG hasn't utilized Zion as well as Gentry did, which was one of the few things he actually did well last year. Ingram rightfully deserves to be the first option, but outside that Zion should be getting force fed the ball, and he's not. It's early, and hopefully that changes.
    Gentry used a lot more motion offense to get Zion wide open looks is what I remember the most from his 24 games?

Also Zion didn’t get any shots but looked great on D so far

While I'm not interested in making Gentry comparisons at all, I do agree that Zion's usage in this offense thus far has not been particularly creative or consistent.

This entire statement is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Gentry used a lot more motion offense to get Zion wide open looks is what I remember the most from his 24 games?
    yeah, in general I've noticed a lot less off-ball movement team-wide, and I'm not sure that's really a good thing.

End of the first, we're up 32-26.

Shot attempts: Ingram with 6, Bledsoe with 7, Adams with 2, Lonzo with 4, Zion with 0.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Also Zion didn’t get any shots but looked great on D so far
    With all due respect, I strongly disagree. He's doing a lot of chasing out there.

While I'm not interested in making Gentry comparisons at all, I do agree that Zion's usage in this offense thus far has not been particularly creative or consistent.
    Yeah, I'm obviously not advocating for us to bring back Gentry. I like what Stan's done, overall thus far.

Zion with a real wrestling match for that O board

Zion's been making some really nice and decisive passes so far this game. Shame that none of them have translated into assists due to hockey assists and missed shots, but he's been on point with it.

Thread Information