Pelicans Report

Thread: Mac super whiffed on Jaylen Brown

Mac super whiffed on Jaylen Brown

I think that's his most large profile miss. He never thought Jaylen had any IQ. Turns out he did

I loved when Mac was clamoring for Murray. It was so obvious who was the better prospect

Who is worse, Gentry or Divac?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I think that's his most large profile miss. He never thought Jaylen had any IQ. Turns out he did

I loved when Mac was clamoring for Murray. It was so obvious who was the better prospect

I remember when he got me excited about Galloway Moore and Hill. They were supposed to be these great signings. Well we all know how it ended. That’s when I stopped paying attention to him. Also didn’t he create an elite board? Why is he here then ? Drafting Hield wasn’t really a mistake IMO cause Sacramento wanted him and we got Cousins which back then seemed great until the injury

It’s hilarious how people talk about Mac. He is a smart guy who loves this team. You guys do your best to sap that love from him. Let him have his opinions like the rest of us. I wasn’t a fan of Brown coming out but that’s the beauty of life...grow and get better everyday. Take Browns lead and get better instead of tearing folks down.

The issue with Brown was never his IQ, imo, it was always his feel. Pretty low natural feel guy.

The thing about a smart guy with low feel though, is that as they get experience they build up a mental catalogue of things they've seen before that they can learn to work with, react to, etc. So after a few seasons, their library of experience is large enough that it overcomes much of the lack of feel.

High feel is still better because they don't have to go through this learning process, they can just read things as and when they happen, and don't get caught unawares by new situations, but the difference can be mitigated with time.

Dejounte Murray is still a really good prospect and a better defender than Brown, even if Brown has vastly surpassed him on offense.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The issue with Brown was never his IQ, imo, it was always his feel. Pretty low natural feel guy.

The thing about a smart guy with low feel though, is that as they get experience they build up a mental catalogue of things they've seen before that they can learn to work with, react to, etc. So after a few seasons, their library of experience is large enough that it overcomes much of the lack of feel.

High feel is still better because they don't have to go through this learning process, they can just read things as and when they happen, and don't get caught unawares by new situations, but the difference can be mitigated with time.

Dejounte Murray is still a really good prospect and a better defender than Brown, even if Brown has vastly surpassed him on offense.
    Feel would have to be a subset of IQ, surely

Feel would have to be a subset of IQ, surely
    I mean, they're not exactly quantifiable terms so I guess it depends on how you define them. For me, IQ relates to your decision making and processing skills, whereas feel relates more to stuff like tracking the ball off the rim, reading defenses in motion, passing in non-set play situations, etc.

In musical terms, IQ would be like a classically trained musician with a knowledge of musical theory, composition, and a great ability to read music. A person with great feel is more intuitive and can hear and feel their place in the music. It's like everything is more instinctual and subconscious as opposed to a thought process. That analogy always worked for my interpretation of IQ and feel in sports .
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Nice try, but you managed to somehow misread my tweet. I said I saw the IQ but I didnt see the skill. Next time just copy and paste. It will be easier for you
    @mcnamara247

Why are we trying so hard to rag on Mac, anyways? He's been pretty dang cool the past few months.

Thread Information