Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: December 31st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Oklahoma City Thunder - 2-2

Clarkson just lightly shoved a ref... Shouldn't that be an ejection?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Dude took over the game when BI got ejected. He pulled this win together.

Also, friendly reminder that we are still organizing groups to comfort Ball haters and do wellness checks throughout the upcoming months as he continues to play at a high level. Some of our posters are at high risk due to extreme levels of denial and apparent allergic reactions to eating crow (still waiting after the nonsense they said about BI prior to last season) so we'll be assigning several accountabilibuddies to take shifts to rotate. A signup thread will be started shortly.
    I like you, happy new year

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Yeah.....but from common foul to ejection is more than just not consistent. If it were one level different, ok.....but that much of a difference is not good.

I'm with Luckyman. They call today's game way too soft and way too different from game to game, play to play, but most importantly player to player.
    SVG: "Didn't seem like a flagrant to me let alone a flagrant 2..."

But what do I know. Something some moron says about Harlem I guess.

Anyway...Happy New Year!

Good game from the whole team, everyone played well ... Keep it up!

Damn urls

If that don?t get you hyped, I don?t know what will. We are FAR from the finished product and we have already held 3 opponents under 100. We are getting there

https://twitter.com/PelicansPR/statu...291759618?s=20

We are now shooting 31.1% from 3 on the season, rather than sub 30%. Still really bad, but hey, look how small sample sizes work.

We shot 13/36 from 3, good for 36.1% last game. Obviously that is not a torrential shooting spree, but compared to the previous 3 games the efficiency was night and day.

Loved to see more active driving from Bledsoe and Ball, which created a few nice looks.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    https://twitter.com/PelicansPR/statu...291759618?s=20

If that don’t get you hyped, I don’t know what will. We are FAR from the finished product and we have already held 3 opponents under 100. We are getting there
    Our defense still has stuff to work on, and part of our success has been shooting variance tbh, but nobody can deny that our defense has been much much better than the last few years.

The issue right now is the offense: we're 25th in the league. Now, of course, that is based on super small sample sizes as well, and my hopes are that as our shooting improves back up to what will end up being the season average, we can crack the top 18. You have something like the 6th best defense in the league and the 14th best offense, that might crack you a playoff spot.

Pelicans PR (@PelicansPR) Tweeted:
    New Orleans has held their opponents to under 100 points three times in the first five games...The last time Pelican opponents were held under 100 points at least three times over the first five games was the 2014-15 season (4 times).

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Our defense still has stuff to work on, and part of our success has been shooting variance tbh, but nobody can deny that our defense has been much much better than the last few years.

The issue right now is the offense: we're 25th in the league. Now, of course, that is based on super small sample sizes as well, and my hopes are that as our shooting improves back up to what will end up being the season average, we can crack the top 18. You have something like the 6th best defense in the league and the 14th best offense, that might crack you a playoff spot.
    We definitely need to find better balance. That means Bledsoe and Ball have to either be more effective as scorers or they have to create (they both did well last night). Redick has to find some rhythm as he has been abysmal. That has hurt our 3pt percentage more than anything. Our 3 pt percentage overall and ball movement have to improve or we will just get crowded out as we were against Miami. Still very promising signs on the defensive side

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

After we start clicking on both sides of the ball at a decent rate, I would like to see these high scoring offenses fare against our defense. Like the abysmal Nets vs Hawks game (big LOL at that one). Of course I wouldn't expect us to hold them under 100pts but under 110 pts I'd be happy with.

However let's keep growing and getting better on both sides. Just hope EVERYBODY knows that this process is gonna take TIME. Seems like we have some impatient people here.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    After we start clicking on both sides of the ball at a decent rate, I would like to see these high scoring offenses fare against our defense. Like the abysmal Nets vs Hawks game (big LOL at that one). Of course I wouldn't expect us to hold them under 100pts but under 110 pts I'd be happy with.

However let's keep growing and getting better on both sides. Just hope EVERYBODY knows that this process is gonna take TIME. Seems like we have some impatient people here.
    If Stan turns into Gentry and starts freezing out the young players again, I would be furious. He seems to have the right idea that we are still a rebuilding side which is good to see

If Stan turns into Gentry and starts freezing out the young players again, I would be furious. He seems to have the right idea that we are still a rebuilding side which is good to see
    Oh I refuse to tolerate that crap anymore. You've seen me lobby HARD over getting NAW some playing time all over these threads lol. I'll start lobbying for Kira sooner or later. But I don't have a problem with him being limited a bit at this point though.... AS LONG AS Lonzo & Bledsoe are playing decent.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Oh I refuse to tolerate that crap anymore. You've seen me lobby HARD over getting NAW some playing time all over these threads lol. I'll start lobbying for Kira sooner or later. But I don't have a problem with him being limited a bit at this point though.... AS LONG AS Lonzo & Bledsoe are playing decent.
    I think the good thing is at least thus far, Stan is looking to get Kira minutes. Maybe he should have stuck him into the OKC game a tad earlier, but he looks to get him those garbage minutes which is good

We definitely need to find better balance. That means Bledsoe and Ball have to either be more effective as scorers or they have to create (they both did well last night). Redick has to find some rhythm as he has been abysmal. That has hurt our 3pt percentage more than anything. Our 3 pt percentage overall and ball movement have to improve or we will just get crowded out as we were against Miami. Still very promising signs on the defensive side
    Yeah, I think the important thing at this stage is to be more concerned with the process than the results. If we're playing well, making the right passes, taking the right shots, then I care far more about that than whether the shots get made right now or not, since that's a very variable process which can come or go on any given night.

Now, of course on the longer term time scale you judge the process by the results, so when we're looking at 35 or 50 games then I think the results become more of a concern, but right now it's so early that all I care about is what we're doing, regardless of whether or not we're winning.

I missed the game, why did Zion only have 15 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Foul trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    He had 2 fouls early, so Stan basically sat him the entire second quarter.

Then he came in to start the third, picked up another two fouls, and got sat again for about 10 minutes of game time.

Frankly overzealous conservatism from SVG imo, but that's the reason.

So Mac thinks NAW's ceiling is peak Norman Powell

I see NAW's peak a LOT better than that

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Again.... I said last year's Norman Powell. Why not just post the tweet if you are going to try and represent what I was saying?
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Again.... I said last year's Norman Powell. Why not just post the tweet if you are going to try and represent what I was saying?
    Last year's Norm was essentially peak Powell

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1609524348505.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	6561

We've played some good teams and had a lot of travel during this good start.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

That’s Mr. Secretary of Defense Norman Powell to you.

Just kidding, but I'm a big Powell fam.

Last year's Norm was essentially peak Powell
    Which is why I said in the tweet last year's Powell. I did not say he would have the same career as Powell. The same ups and downs. I said his ceiling is last years Powell in my eyes....and if you expect him to end up A LOT better than that, I think you should prepare to be very disappointed. A LOT better than that is a multi-time All Star

MY FIVE TAKEAWAYS

1. If he's not inserted into the starting lineup, NAW has to be the 'First Guard Up".
    2. The version of Zion we have right now is "Bubble Zion". (His Free Throw Shooting is abysmal. Not so much that he misses; but that he is all arms and misses miserably)
    3. Though he's shown signs of improvement, JAXSON has a long, long way to go.
    4. We should be shopping JJ now and not wait to the Trade Deadline. Every minute he plays, NAW or Kira doesn't
    5. Steven Adams is not Omer Asik (Thank Gawd).

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    MY FIVE TAKEAWAYS

1. If he's not inserted into the starting lineup, NAW has to be the 'First Guard Up".
    2. The version of Zion we have right now is "Bubble Zion". (His Free Throw Shooting is abysmal. Not so much that he misses; but that he is all arms and misses miserably.
    I know right. How hard is it to remember to bend your knees at the line?

Maybe he's still experencing some sort of knee issues?

Thread Information