Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: December 31st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Oklahoma City Thunder - 2-2

And I’m glad that Stan realizes Rome wasn’t built in a day. Maybe it was the Phoenix game that woke him up, but Nickeil has to get minutes. It was inexplicable to leave him out. He is earning every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And I've clearly said multiple times I disagree with the RULE. I literally said that every time. Not sure how you keep missing it.

Therefore, I'm not going to criticize Ingram for a rule that imo is extremely overly penal and criminalizes ordinary basketball plays. Can't be any more clear than that.
    Smacking someone upside the head with a lot of force is not a Basketball play. Possibly get away with it in D Grade. But NEVER with World Class athletes taking stage

Unless you learnt your trade in Harlem or somewhere?

NAW's aggression just makes the offense flow so much better. Less Bail out shots from the over passing. Much more decisive.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    And I?m glad that Stan realizes Rome wasn?t built in a day. Maybe it was the Phoenix game that woke him up, but Nickeil has to get minutes. It was inexplicable to leave him out. He is earning every minute.
    Stan work the past 2-3 weeks has really impressed me. The ability to pull off wins like this isn't easy.

The Franchise
    Going for the ball is not unnecessary. Basketball is a contact sport. Parts of your body will collide with other bodies. He didnt go for the guy's head on purpose.

But you can have your prerogative and I'll have mine. Simple as that.
    smh.. lol

Lonzo needs to go yesterday. He wants 20 mil and there's just no way

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Nichols, all he look forward to his life is arguing with you dudes on here and it's almost like woah... When people gonna figure out his gimmick?
    I gave my opinion and said why I disagree with the rule.

But your gimmick is to just extremely say stupid things and start dumb threads I avoid. Back to the ignore list for you I guess.

Stan in 2-3 weeks has really impressed me.
    What impresses me is he isn’t prideful. Not one bit. He won’t die on the rotation hill. He looked for answers. He took the blame for putting BI in a bad situation (can’t remember what game). It takes a big man to admit he was wrong. That’s the difference between he and Gentry

But your gimmick is to just extremely say stupid things and start dumb threads I avoid. Back to the ignore list for you I guess.
    Intentional or not, clobbering someone with the force to injure - like a swift forearm to the face - because you've been reckless, is not going down well with anyone

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Lonzo needs to go yesterday. He wants 20 mil and there's just no way
    Dude took over the game when BI got ejected. He pulled this win together.

Also, friendly reminder that we are still organizing groups to comfort Ball haters and do wellness checks throughout the upcoming months as he continues to play at a high level. Some of our posters are at high risk due to extreme levels of denial and apparent allergic reactions to eating crow (still waiting after the nonsense they said about BI prior to last season) so we'll be assigning several accountabilibuddies to take shifts to rotate. A signup thread will be started shortly.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 12-31-2020 at 09:33 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I don't even know who you are... Lol

Putting someone one on ignore just speaks how fragile you are to be honest. We all here to have a good time not be petty and in our feelings. We got a winning record on New Years. That's been 10-11 years...and you're wasting your breathe on rules.

SVG is very thoughtful in his logic and approach. You get so much out of his pressers and you see his logic translates to the decisions he makes on the court. Good or bad, he always honest about it.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Dude took over the game when BI got ejected. He pulled this win together.

Also, friendly reminder that we are still organizing groups to comfort Ball haters and do wellness checks throughout the upcoming months as he continues to play at a high level. Some of our posters are at high risk, so we'll be assigning several accountabilibuddies to take shifts to rotate. A signup thread will be started shortly.
    Do you think he deserves Brogdon money or better?

Brogdon would have gotten a lot more today though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Brogdon would have gotten a lot more today though.
    I guess instead of using raw numbers you have to use % of the cap, to compare and contrast different eras

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    What impresses me is he isn’t prideful. Not one bit. He won’t die on the rotation hill. He looked for answers. He took the blame for putting BI in a bad situation (can’t remember what game). It takes a big man to admit he was wrong. That’s the difference between he and Gentry
    I'm really surprised how quickly he'll just be honest in interviews and just be himself. Him willing to change things up is nice. Detroit fans was so ready to trash him. I got a bit worried.

Honeymoon or not... He has handle this off season way above my expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    SVG is very thoughtful in his logic and approach. You get so much out of his pressers and you see his logic translates to the decisions he makes on the court. Good or bad, he always honest about it.
    Bingo. We could have used some transparency last year (that goes for Griffin as well as Gentry).

Tough to say, currently. If he maintains this level, meh.....but he has been not just steadily improving but immensely improving at a consistent rate. Go back at some of the anti-Ball threads throughout the past year....."he can't shoot threes"....."OK he can shoot threes now but he can't drive to the rim or set a half court offense"....."ok he can now drive to the rim and set a half court offense but he isn't worth Brogdon money"......

And again, these are the same people who called BI trash OR (the best part) would talk about how he probably wouldn't play basketball ever again. At some point, logic would dictate that people would realize these guys are all super young, not even near their prime, yet, and it would be an easier go just to wait and see how people develop.....but.......we wait.

So back to the question. At this level meh but if he maintains the level of development he's had since being here......absolutely.

I'm really surprised how quickly he'll just be honest in interviews and just be himself. Him willing to change things up is nice. Detroit fans was so ready to trash him. I got a bit worried.

Honeymoon or not... He's handle this off season way above my expectations
    He still has a lot of work to do having been out of the game for a while but I like how he has kept us relatively steady even during a rough stretch. 3-2 ain’t half bad

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Jae Crowder just went across Goeberts face the exact same play as Ingram did. Just a common foul.......

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Jae Crowder just went across Goeberts face the exact same play as Ingram did. Just a common foul.......
    Yep. Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Saw that, but calls are never gonna be consistent among different crews. If we can find similar calls by the same crew. Then, it sets a precedent.

I really hope the January/February '20 Zion shows up again soon. It's getting old watching the 'Bubble Version' all over again.

Saw that, but calls are never gonna be consistent among different crews. If we can find similar calls by the same crew. Then, it sets a precedent.
    Yeah.....but from common foul to ejection is more than just not consistent. If it were one level different, ok.....but that much of a difference is not good.

I'm with Luckyman. They call today's game way too soft and way too different from game to game, play to play, but most importantly player to player.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Yeah.....but from common foul to ejection is more than just not consistent. If it were one level different, ok.....but that much of a difference is not good.

I'm with Luckyman. They call today's game way too soft and way too different from game to game, play to play, but most importantly player to player.
    Yeah, I agree it was a trash call

If the game ended being an L. I would be mad, but it didn't. So, I just let it go.

On a whole, I think it's pretty closed case on the NBA simply being too soft and that's just the way it is. Officiating catering to offense, giving out tech for showing emotion, and etc.

Thread Information