Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: December 27th - New Orleans Pelicans vs San Antonio Spurs - 1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Pels manage to hold on and win a game that was about 85% hideous

Pels are 2-1
    Agree if Zion, BI and reddick are on we win this game by 30.

Also BI with the 28-11-6 stat line. BI is a star

Also the defensive improvements are outstanding

Two of three games the Pelicans allowed less than 100 points defensively.

BI, good Lonzo, and defense won this game.

Still need another playmaker. But I guess NAW will not see the court short of an injury or trade. And that's a damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Never denied his defensive prowess. But when he's on the offensive side.... Man it's cringe af.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Yeah it?s very concerning. We either need to find a way to make him more effective or give some of his minutes to others. Awesome stop at the end by him though.

The Franchise
    Ingram with three really horrible possessions in the last 2 minutes, it's not been good for him these last few minutes

Lonzo to the FT line
    Yep they were bad.. but he's still young.. still learning.. and still our best option in those situations. We don't win if he isn't inserted back into the line up in the 4th with us giving up the lead we had.

End of game statistics:

Zion: 18pts, 10rbds, 5stls, 1blk. 7/22 shooting (31.8%), 4/7 from the FT line (57.1%). 1TO, 3 fouls
    Ingram: 28pts, 11rbds, 6asts. 9/23 shooting (39.1%), 2/5 from 3 (40%), 8/10 FT (80%). 3TO, 1 foul
    Adams: 8pts, 9rbds, 3asts, 1blk. 4/7 shooting (57.1%), 0/2 from the line. 1 foul
    Lonzo: 16pts, 7rbds, 5asts, 5stls, 1blk. 7/14 shooting (50%), 1/5 from 3 (20%), 1/2 from the line. 2TO, 2 fouls
    Bledsoe: 7pts, 2rbds, 1stl, 1blk. 3/11 shooting (27.3%), 1/5 from 3 (20%). 1TO, 1 foul

Hart: 12pts, 11 rbds. 3/6 shooting
    Jaxson: 6pts, 4rbds, 2/3 shooting
    Redick 3/1/1, 1/8 shooting, 0/6 from 3
    Basketball.

Zion with 18/10 has another double double. 2 in 24 games last year. 3 in 3 games this year
    I am just happy to see him posting some defensive stats the last few, 5 steals and a block is nice. He was totally absent on that end last year. Both he and BI look significantly better in this infrastructure. Neither great (BI still can't get through screens, Zion is still constantly late closing out), but I daresay mostly competent and I think the effort has been much better.

IF JJ was his normal self we look alot better. Adams screens are a thing of beauty and BI thrives on them.

That's the type of game it feels like we haven't won in....like....a decade.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Haven't seen this kind of defense since Paul Silas days.

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    IF JJ was his normal self we look alot better. Adams screens are a thing of beauty and BI thrives on them.
    Yeah JJ has been ice cold and it has been felt

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    I am just happy to see him posting some defensive stats the last few, 5 steals and a block is nice. He was totally absent on that end last year. Both he and BI look significantly better in this infrastructure. Neither great (BI still can't get through screens, Zion is still constantly late closing out), but I daresay mostly competent and I think the effort has been much better.
    I agree, I think the defense from him tonight was largely pretty good, and that's good progress.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Yeah it?s very concerning. We either need to find a way to make him more effective or give some of his minutes to others. Awesome stop at the end by him though.
    Can't get 25 pts scorer and ALL Defense pro at $17 million.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    That's the type of game it feels like we haven't won in....like....a decade.
    Damn near.

Zion and Zo with 5 steals apiece!

We need to make moves for a vet back big. Dedmon or anyone pls. Hayes is fine, but we do need another vet big for teams like Philly and Lakers.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We need to make moves for a vet back big. Dedmon or anyone pls. Hayes is fine, but we do need another vet big for teams like Philly and Lakers.
    Agreed.. Hayes needs a little more time.

Meanwhile, in Golden State, Kelly Oubre Jr is averaging a negative PER, and is 0/31 on non-dunks so far this year

So...Steven Adams not worth his extension and definitely would not have gotten that money next summer huh?

This place here

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Why do we "Need" that? Is the goal to absolutely maximize the number of wins this year, even if it is at the expense of development for the future? Why not play young guys and let them take their lumps so you are better in 2023....even if that makes you 5% worse in 2020-21?
    @mcnamara247

I really like keldon Johnson and lonnie walker for the spurs...i used to like murray before he got injured... we need to draft guys like keldon johnson with non lotto picks..plus getting more players that are at least 6'7-6'8 would be nice as well.

Meanwhile, in Golden State, Kelly Oubre Jr is averaging a negative PER, and is 0/31 on non-dunks so far this year
    I saw that earlier... I'm like wooooow Oubre is.... Sub-par. I remember him being decent at a point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I saw that earlier... I'm like wooooow Oubre is.... Sub-par. I remember him being decent at a point in time.

He's not actually that bad, but he's in a terrible situation (As is everyone in GS right now, basically) and is going through an ungodly cold spell

Adams Zion Bi Hart and Lonzo is our best 5

Thread Information