Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: December 27th - New Orleans Pelicans vs San Antonio Spurs - 1-1

Pelicans December 27th - New Orleans Pelicans vs San Antonio Spurs - 1-1

Okay, so we lost one - big deal! Everyone loses one: we're still on pace for 81-1, so why not?

But in all seriousness, going 1-1 on a road trip that saw us taking on 2 of the last 4 teams to make the NBA Finals is, in my opinion, totally fine and in fact quite solid work. Pretty pleased with that. Obviously 2-0 would be better but we missed the playoffs last year and beggars can't be choosers.

Going into this game we take on the Spurs, who are (as I write this) currently down against the Toronto Raptors, which means we get them on the second night of a back to back and they'll be on the road. Now, I don't expect them to be pushovers because they're the Spurs and Pop is still a good coach even if he's not the best anymore, and they have some good pieces even if they're far from being contenders. Derrick White is good, actually, even if he's the world's slowest man, and even if DeRozan is never going to be that guy, he can still drop 30 on you if you let him. Aldridge is no longer a star either, but he gave us the business at least once last year and I don't put it past him to do it again, though hopefully Adams can do some work there.

This should be a fun, competitive game. Obviously, I want us to win it, and frankly we should: we're not a title contender, so we can't expect to beat everyone, but we should be able to clean up against awful teams and split the 50/50s, so this is a game that should be eminently winnable and therefore I expect us to win it. Any less sucks.

So let's go out there and get a W. That simple.
    Basketball.

About to play the 3rd straight most well coached team in the league. Thanks NBA.

Meanwhile the Lakers wont leave L.A. until damn near 2021.

How thoughtful.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    About to play the 3rd straight most well coached team in the league. Thanks NBA.

Meanwhile the Lakers wont leave L.A. until damn near 2021.

How thoughtful.
    They(Lakers) can stay there forever. We don’t need there viruses.

The Clippers legitimately got beaten 77-27 in the first half.

Christ on a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The Clippers legitimately got beaten 77-27 in the first half.

Christ on a bike.
    They're not winning anything with this core.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    They're not winning anything with this core.
    It's so funny that PG got (justifiably) ripped in half for his production at times in the bubble and playoffs last season, spend the entire offseason and first two games bragging about how he was back, the chemistry is so good now, he's in his zone, he's been with his trainer, and then the first game Kawhi has to sit out he gets 50 balled in a game where he is currently 4/13 from the floor and 0/6 from 3, no less.

51 point loss. 124-73. Clippers got massacred.

Edit: this game alone is going to skew Kawhi's on/off all season long

It's so funny that PG got (justifiably) ripped in half for his production at times in the bubble and playoffs last season, spend the entire offseason and first two games bragging about how he was back, the chemistry is so good now, he's in his zone, he's been with his trainer, and then the first game Kawhi has to sit out he gets 50 balled in a game where he is currently 4/13 from the floor and 0/6 from 3, no less.
    I'm honestly interested in what Kawhi does this offseason. Guy's gotta be aware at this point that playing with PG as your number 2 isn't getting it done. Maybe he relents about forcing his way to LA and gets nostalgic for playing for a winning culture like TOR. If he cares anything at all about winning I hope he recognizes he has to at least put pressure on LAC to make a move (potentially including PG) in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    I'm honestly interested in what Kawhi does this offseason. Guy's gotta be aware at this point that playing with PG as your number 2 isn't getting it done. Maybe he relents about forcing his way to LA and gets nostalgic for playing for a winning culture like TOR. If he cares anything at all about winning I hope he recognizes he has to at least put pressure on LAC to make a move (potentially including PG) in the coming years.
    PG is a really good player. Top 20 player in the NBA undoubtedly, and has been higher (top 10 borderline) in the past. But he's not who he thinks he is.

The Mavs couldn?t miss and the Clippers couldn?t make a shot in the first half. I don?t think most teams would of kept that one close. I got Doncic & Ibaka in fantasy so I was paying attention to it. It was a massacre.

I hope to see bounce back games from Bled, Ball, and JJ cause they were atrocious on Xmas. We should dominate in the paint though cause Aldridge looks close to done and they don?t have much else down there. DeRozan and Murray have been great as well as the other guards/wings.

Hopefully we can get up by a lot cause I want to see Kira?s debut
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 12-27-2020 at 05:05 PM.

I want to see NAW with minutes in the box score. Wouldn't mind it if we kicked the tires on Hernangomez. Drop off when Adams sits slaps you in the face.

I'd like Adams to get touches throughout the game. Not this sporadic 6 point burst in the 2Q then 0 shots the rest of the game.

And NAW needs minutes.

51 point loss. 124-73. Clippers got massacred.

Edit: this game alone is going to skew Kawhi's on/off all season long
    We dodged a bullet not getting Lue. If we would have gotten Lue it probably be Gentry 2.O

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'd like Adams to get touches throughout the game. Not this sporadic 6 point burst in the 2Q then 0 shots the rest of the game.

And NAW needs minutes.
    I agree I'd like to see more of Adams in general. He got 3 shots total last game, which frankly isn't enough. I don't expect him to be taking 15 shots a night or anything, but you could easily double the 3 to 6 without having to do anything overall too different and I think it would help at times, or take away many shots from anyone else. Just rather than having Bledsoe or Lonzo go 3/16, have them go 3/13 instead and give a few more touches to Adams.

He's a great passer for a big as well, I'd like to see more short roll stuff with him, or park him up on the high post occasionally and have some shooters moving with Zion on the floor to prevent the double. Either they stick to their guys and Adams have easy passes back out to run something else, or they double him and then either Ingram/Redick are open to shoot off the catch, or Zion's left open right by the paint. Give it a go.

NAW needs to play tonight. Especially If Ball & Bled struggle. I say NAW needs at least 15 mins tonight.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Agreed. We need to get NAW into the line up. Inject some offense. Aw. WHy are we wearing the blues?

Why does Zion lay that up right there and miss instead of dunking?

I like Pick and roll mid range jumper by lonzo. Needs to take that more instead of too many threes.

Ball and Bledsoe look good so far. Also that play by Ingram was sick

The announcers said it best. Mid range and getting to the cup can be a lot more rewarding than taking ALL threes when available. Let's go Lonzo.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    The announcers said it best. Mid range and getting to the cup can be a lot more rewarding than taking ALL threes when available. Let's go Lonzo.
    Lonzo won't be useful in crunchtime unless he's a threat from every level.

I still wish Zion would dunk more, every time he misses an open layup when he could easily dunk is annoying

Alright now's a good time to get Nickeil in the game.....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I still wish Zion would dunk more, every time he misses an open layup when he could easily dunk is annoying
    I wish he could hit an open 15 foot jumper. If they back off, you got to make them pay.

Thread Information