Pelicans Report

Thread: I really want expansion!!

I really want expansion!!

Listening to the Brian Windhorts podcast with a few NBA insiders they were saying that it?s probably higher than 50/50 that the NBA will expand in 2-5 years based on what Adam Silver said and with the owners would make money back that they lost from COVID.

Then they listed the cities as Seattle for sure, Vegas, Nashville, Louisville, & Tampa with Vegas as the most likely with Seattle. A group in Vegas is already trying to buy the Twolves, but the owner won?t sell if they going to move the team.

Then they said since both Seattle & Vegas would obviously be in the West the most likely teams to move east would be us and Memphis since we are closer together than either one of us and Minnesota.

So I?m so excited that we could possibly move to the East!! That would be absolutely AMAZING!!

For New Orleans to be in the "East" or rather in the South, you would need a conference split like the NFL. Then one of the divisions in the center would need to be with the more western divisions. It would be a toss-up whether it would be the South or the North division, but it would be more likely for the South to be with the western divisions, since that is where those teams are currently.

American Conference

Southeast Division
    Atlanta
    Charlotte
    Orlando
    Miami

Northeast Division
    New York
    Boston
    Brooklyn
    Philadelphia

East Division
    Toronto
    Washington
    Cleveland
    Detroit

South Division
    New Orleans
    Memphis
    Houston
    San Antonio

National Conference

North Division
    Indiana
    Chicago
    Milwaukee
    Minnesota

Midwest Division
    Oklahoma City
    Dallas
    Denver
    Utah

Southwest Division
    Phoenix
    LA Clippers
    LA Lakers
    Las Vegas

Northwest Division
    Portland
    Seattle
    Sacramento
    Golden State

I grouped them this way to illustrate a way for New Orleans to be with the eastern teams. They could make the divisions eight teams and it works. The teams that get screwed the most are the North and Midwest teams, but any way you do it, there is going to be a group with significant distance between member cities.

South/Southeast
    East/Northeast
    North/Midwest
    Northwest/Southwest
    Last edited by Mount Zion; 12-25-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Yes that would make the most sense. I was hoping we could get Atlanta in our division since we already have a rivalry in football. Or just get rid of the divisions and just have East & West, but still play more of the teams closer geographically when making the schedule. I wish football would do that so we don’t get terrible teams like in the NFC Least this year making the playoffs. This year with not much of a homefield advantage, it’s almost better to play a Washington as a 5 seed than being a 2 or 3 seed with a home game.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 12-25-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Thread Information