New Orleans Gets

Blake Griffin

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4oesot9

PG: Lonzo / Lewis / BI
    SG: NAW / Hart / BI
    SF: BI / Hart / Zion
    PF: Zion / Griff / Melli
    C: Adams / Griff / JAX

I can only imagine a possibilities line of Adams, Griffin, Zion, NAW, BI on the court at the same time.

NOTE: All of this is contingent on Blake Griffin's health report.
    Would put us into the tax and taking on a declining Griffin with a bad contract. Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Would put us into the tax and taking on a declining Griffin with a bad contract. Hard pass.
    Yeah I'm not a fan of that.

Fun fact about Blake Griffin: he has played 123 minutes so far this year and has not logged a single offensive rebound. Nobody in the NBA has played as many minutes as him this year without grabbing at least one.

Also, while it's totally true that he's declining (very clearly, the last two seasons are his two career worst in TS%, PER, BPM, VORP, WS/48, REB%, ORTG, and on/off numbers) he's also massively injury prone at this point. Here are the number of games he's played the last few years:

19-20: 18
    18-19: 75
    17-18: 58
    16-17: 61
    15-16: 35
    14-15: 67

Now, I know last year was a shortened season, but not that shortened. He's more likely to play 35 games or fewer than 70 at this point.
    Basketball.

Blake is trying to be a stretch 4 now to preserve his body... on top of not being able to defend he also doesn't rebound now like he used to...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	160982826879062366.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	6567 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	160982829025165036.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	6568

What'chyall think?

First Attachment:

Pels: Lonzo + Melli
    SWAP
    OKC: Ariza + Muscala

Second Attachment:

Pels: Bledsoe
    SWAP
    Clippers: Beverly + Patterson

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y222yyws

WIZARDS receive: Ball, Bledsoe (or Reddick), Hayes, Melli AND 3 first round picks unprotected.

PELS: receive Ish Smith and Beal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y222yyws

WIZARDS receive: Ball, Bledsoe (or Reddick), Hayes, Melli AND 3 first round picks unprotected.

PELS: receive Ish Smith and Beal

3 first round picks for Bradley Beal? Yeesh

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    https://tradenba.com/trades/vSEDQgRBK

Pels get Markkanen and Fournier;
    Bulls get Lonzo;
    Magic get Redick and Hart.

Didi will be eligible to come over and play the Hart role pretty soon.
    Clearing out Lonzo/JJ/Hart opens up more guard minutes for NAW/Kira and clarifies Bledsoe role as THE veteran lead guard.

Markkanen and Fournier bring immediate offensive punch with Markkanen coming off the bench and Fournier sliding BI down to the SG spot in the starting lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Make 1 of them this years Lakers pick and it's not quite as bad

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Make 1 of them this years Lakers pick and it's not quite as bad
    The thing about Beal that I think a lot of people are underestimating is how excruciatingly bad his defense is. It's bad this year, and it was arguably bottom 5 in the entire league last year. Yes, he's a very very good scorer but that's his only outlier skill and while that is obviously very valuable I'm not sure I want to sink tons and tons and tons of assets into it when he's on a massive contract, and we already have guys under contract going forward who we see as top level scoring options in Ingram and Zion.

It feels like the kind of move you make when you're really going for it and you're cashing in all the chips to add The Guy who turns you into a contender. Not the kind of move you make when you're still this far away.

The thing about Beal that I think a lot of people are underestimating is how excruciatingly bad his defense is. It's bad this year, and it was arguably bottom 5 in the entire league last year. Yes, he's a very very good scorer but that's his only outlier skill and while that is obviously very valuable I'm not sure I want to sink tons and tons and tons of assets into it when he's on a massive contract, and we already have guys under contract going forward who we see as top level scoring options in Ingram and Zion.

It feels like the kind of move you make when you're really going for it and you're cashing in all the chips to add The Guy who turns you into a contender. Not the kind of move you make when you're still this far away.
    I've said it on record (here or TD) that I didn't care about winning this season, I wanted to see development and another really high draft pick. We have BI and Zion locked up for a while

The biggest silver lining so far is exposing Lonzo for what he is, so we don't pay him and completely hamstring the franchise

Why not? He?s everything we need. Defense, shooting, playmaking, scoring, etc. he?d be our best player. He can takeover a game.

Wizards wouldn?t do it. I think we?d have to get another team involved. They would want Ingram but that?s not gonna happen. They?d want Adams. Not gonna happen.

I would offer Reddick, Hayes, Hart, Lonzo and 2 first round picks. And 2 second round picks. 2021 top 14 protected.

I think you?re underestimating how much better the team could be if we had Beal. Add Ish Smith for backup point. Let the lineup be:

Pg: Bledsoe, Smith, Kira
    SG: Beal, NAW, Thornwell
    SF: Ingram, Hart
    PF: Zion, Melli
    C: Adams, Hermangomez,

Pickup a couple G league guys just to get roster to 15.

Beal is not known for his defense

Why not? He?s everything we need. Defense, shooting, playmaking, scoring, etc. he?d be our best player. He can takeover a game.
    He's a legitimately terrible defender and has been for some time now. Decent playmaker but not one of the league's best or anything.

Legitimately fantastic scorer, yes, with some good secondary playmaking. That's what you get from him: let's not get it confused.

He's a legitimately terrible defender and has been for some time now. Decent playmaker but not one of the league's best or anything.

Legitimately fantastic scorer, yes, with some good secondary playmaking. That's what you get from him: let's not get it confused.
    I always thought he was an above average defender. We need a guard who can score at will and get to the line and hit free throws.

I always thought he was an above average defender. We need a guard who can score at will and get to the line and hit free throws.
    Last season he was legitimately one of the worst defenders in the entire NBA.

He was 518th out of 520 players in Defensive RPM, at -4.79. His DBPM was -2.4, and he hasn't actually posted a positive DBPM since 2014-15. His D-RAPTOR was -3.79, which was the 3rd worst out of all players who logged at least 1000 minutes that season.

The season before that wasn't nearly as bad, but still was negative: -1.71 DRPM, -0.8 DBPM, -0.94 D-RAPTOR.

Now, some people have argued that yes he was bad last year, but the team he was on sucked and he was being asked to carry so much load on offense you can forgive the defensive slippage. Whether you buy that argument or not is up to you, but it's pretty much inarguably true that his actual on court performance last year, and the year before as well to a lesser extent, featured very little defense at all.

I generally think Fletch's trades are awful, but I wondered what other people thought of this?

I don't really think very highly of Lauri honestly, but I guess his disappointing play in Chicago could just be a result of the Bulls being kind of hilariously bad at almost everything for a long time, maybe a change of scenery would do him good? Even if he's bad, he can't be worse than Lonzo, could he? Idk, am I just getting desperate?

The Franchise
    We need a SG in the worst way that can shoot 3’s off a pick and roll. I think 4 firsts is what it’s going to take to get Beal especially if we aren’t giving young talent. In my trade we keep Kira and NAW to be PGs and Hart is our backup SG.

As for Chicago give me Lavine. He’d be a small step down from Beal but would be good too.

I generally think Fletch's trades are awful, but I wondered what other people thought of this?

I don't really think very highly of Lauri honestly, but I guess his disappointing play in Chicago could just be a result of the Bulls being kind of hilariously bad at almost everything for a long time, maybe a change of scenery would do him good? Even if he's bad, he can't be worse than Lonzo, could he? Idk, am I just getting desperate?
    Bulls would laugh at that trade. At least Lauri can shoot.

The Hornets (Ball for Graham, Monk, and a 2022 protected 1st)

or

Knicks (Ball for Knox, Dennis Smith, and a 2022 top 10 protected 1st)

make the most sense as trade partners for Ball.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 01-09-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Trade Lonzo to the Wiz so the most irrationally timid guy can counterract the most irrationally overconfident guy in the league

I called for this trade a year ago right after Markkanen re-signed. Also wanted to go after Maxi Kleber from Dallas (I remember having a "friendly discussion' about my take on him). Part of the success of Giannis in Milwaukee is having a Brook Lopez open the lane up because he is a threat with the three. The same would hold true with both Zion and BI coupled with Markkanen.
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-09-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I called for this trade a year ago right after Markkanen re-signed. Also wanted to go after Maxi Kleber from Dallas. Part of the success of Giannis in Milwaukee is having a Brook Lopez open the lane up because he is a threat with the three. The same would hold true with both Zion and BI coupled with Markkanen.
    You can't help but wonder if Adams is the right front court partner for Zion, as great as Steve is

You can't help but wonder if Adams is the right front court partner for Zion, as great as Steve is
    I've been biting my tongue on that question, because Adams plays the kind of ball I love. But if you pin me down, the other Kiwi, Aron Baynes, might have been the better fit. Cheaper, too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Bulls would laugh at that trade. At least Lauri can shoot.

The Hornets (Ball for Graham, Monk, and a 2022 protected 1st)

or

Knicks (Ball for Knox, Dennis Smith, and a 2022 top 10 protected 1st)

make the most sense as trade partners for Ball.
    Yeah, the problem is that Lauri hasn't actually been as good as some people seem to think. Like I say, that could just be a result of the Bulls environment, but before this year he'd actually never shot better than 36% from the three point line. Lonzo shot 38% last year, for comparison.

Of course this year he's had a nuclear start - admittedly over a very small sample - so many that cements their desire to keep him but I don't think it's quite as laughable as you suggest.

The Hornets trade is interesting; Graham was a deadly shooter last year but so far this year has been even worse than Lonzo. It's a risk/reward thing; buy low and hope for him to recover?

The Knicks trade I wouldn't be interested in at all. No faith in Knox and Smith has been awful everywhere he's gone. Terminally bad decision maker. Top 10 protected Knicks pick may as well not exist.

The counterargument to this is that Baynes has stunk and looked terrible in Toronto so far this year, whereas Adams has been extremely good here.

The Franchise
    We need what Meli was suppose to be kind of player. Woods would be the guy if we kept him. Collins from ATL would be nice. If Collins is the player we need around Zion then I don’t mind paying 20 million a year or even matching if he is that good.

Markkanen is to injury prone for me.

Thread Information