Same as JJs really

I'd rather Harris at 18 mil or Duncan around the same though

But still, I don't hate the option
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Same as JJs really

I'd rather Harris at 18 mil or Duncan around the same though

But still, I don't hate the option
    I say Otto Porter is a dark horse to be traded. Id love to have him more than everyone else listed as "available" in the NBA

Edit: Yeah I wouldn't be mad at that.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I say Otto Porter is a dark horse to be traded. Id love to have him more than everyone else listed as "available" in the NBA

Edit: Yeah I wouldn't be mad at that.
    Porter would be a nice fit. Solid 3 and D. If we could work out something like-

Pels - Porter/Knox, 2nd from Knicks
    Knicks - JJ
    Bulls - Bledsoe/Melli

The problem would be hoping the Bulls want someone like Bledsoe next to Lavine (when in actuality, the likely would want Ball).

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Porter would be a nice fit. Solid 3 and D. If we could work out something like-

Pels - Porter/Knox, 2nd from Knicks
    Knicks - JJ
    Bulls - Bledsoe/Melli

The problem would be hoping the Bulls want someone like Bledsoe next to Lavine (when in actuality, the likely would want Ball).
    The bulls wouldn't take that honestly. Bled would be such a liability with them quite frankly. it would be a longshot but we could try to entice them with some picks, but how far are we willing to go with that? I would assume not very far.

I would say Larry Nance would be the only player we could trade Bledsoe for with only trading one first rounder and some seconds. Everybody else(respectable players), we would need to give away picks and/or young players.

Nance is sh!t anyway

Nance is sh!t anyway
    Much better than Melli though....

EDIT: Besides, at this point, our bench just needs anybody with value. Kira, NAW(with a longer leash), Hart, Nance Jr., and Hayes/Billy would be much better for our atrocious bench.
    Last edited by hornetzplaya; 03-16-2021 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Much better than Melli though....
    You want a virtually useless Nance on the books for another 3 and a bit years at 45 mil rather than an expiring Melli

How many brain cells did you expire to come up with this one

You want a virtually useless Nance on the books for another 3 and a bit years at 45 mil rather than an expiring Melli

How many brain cells did you expire to come up with this one
    3 questions

1. So you'd rather just be stuck with Bledsoe for 3 years and MORE money instead of addressing our glaring needs who could possibly be a decent bench player?

2. Assuming we Sign Lonzo and Hart to extensions, what will Melli's expiring contract do for us?

3. What player/players are you assuming we trade for? Reasonably speaking.

Nance is sh!t anyway
    Another brilliant, coherent argument from our resident 'master-baiter' (sp)

If people want to debate trades, at least learn and understand the contracts. Bledsoe's seems to be one many dont understand. Educate yourselves.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If people want to debate trades, at least learn and understand the contracts. Bledsoe's seems to be one many dont understand. Educate yourselves.
    People can debate whatever they want, but if you want them to be educated than do it yourself if you have an issue

Isn’t Otto porter an unrestricted free agent this summer? Why not just sign him in the offseason

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    What are you referring to? The fact that his contract is only partially guaranteed in the 2022-23 season with a 3.9M penalty? Or is there more to it that i don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Isn’t Otto porter an unrestricted free agent this summer? Why not just sign him in the offseason
    its gonna be a lot of money thrown around this offseason. Don't think we'll have the funds to compete with crazy offers. I could be wrong though.

Thread Information