Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Trade thread for all the insane trades y?all got

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    If they're really intent on moving him I'm fine with pushing it into the future if it nets something more. For example maybe something like this:

https://tradenba.com/trades/Nm6C-kLMV
    With the state of NBA with how Nets being a MegaSuperteam... Seems like a lot of teams have checked out mentally and none feels super desperate to get better for the playoffs outside of maybe the Clippers and Laker. And they have no assets to trade for besides matching contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We was supposed to be active last year, but did nothing... With how talent rich this draft looks to be... I doubt anything happens.
    Should we trust the Pelicans Drafting process?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Do we have a choice?

With the state of NBA with how Nets being a MegaSuperteam... Seems like a lot of teams have checked out mentally and none feels super desperate to get better for the playoffs outside of maybe the Clippers and Laker. And they have no assets to trade for besides matching contracts.
    I mean, if any given team didn't think the Nets were unbeatable a week ago I'm not sure why that would have changed now. It's not like Blake Griffin is a needle mover at this point.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I think they did much better this year. They wanted to trade up for Patrick Williams, missed out Haliburton, but trusted Lewis. All 3 looks like hits in a very dicey drafts.
    Last edited by Taker597; 03-08-2021 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, if any given team didn't think the Nets were unbeatable a week ago I'm not sure why that would have changed now. It's not like Blake Griffin is a needle mover at this point.
    I'm not even factoring the BG signing. Just been watching them the best few days off. Why any team gonna mortgage their future to run head first in to a buzz saw. Especially, an all 30s core. Just wait them out. It's not like the Warriors dynasty where everyone was in their prime for 5 years.

I'm not even factoring the BG signing. Just been watching them the best few days off. Why any team gonna mortgage their future to run head first in to a buzz saw. Especially, an all 30s core. Just wait them out. It's not like the Warriors dynasty where everyone was in their prime for 5 years.
    The distinction is, I think, that the Nets are still very obviously flawed defensively in a way that the Warriors just never were. You worried about running into the Warriors only partly because of their offense (which was obviously extremely good) but also because between Klay, Draymond, Iguodala, and then Durant's best defensive years, you knew that there were going to be hellacious on defense as well.

The Nets aren't like that. Sure, it will be hard to beat them in a straight out shoot-out, but it's not like they're going to give you much resistance. I very much doubt that a team like Utah is making the Finals (I think they have regular season wonder written all over them, a la the old Hawks) but if they did I don't see why they'd be particularly scared by the Nets in comparison to any of the Western teams like LAC or LAL they'd be likely to face on the way there.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This is the winner...

@ATLHawks get:
    Eric Bledsoe
    Aaron Nesmith
    Thaddeus Young
    Chicago's lottery protected 2021 1st

The Hawks are clearly trying to make the playoffs and maybe even be competitive once they get there. Bledsoe would be a really good compliment to Trae, Nesmith gives them a young prospect with good draft pedigree, and Thad Young is a solid vet on a good contract that would give them good minutes off the bench down the stretch. They also pick up what should be a pretty solid 2021 1st.

@chicagobulls get:
    John Collins
    Kemba Walker
    Tony Snell

Similar to the Hawks, the Bulls can smell the playoffs and trade off the players they don't feel have long term potential to go all building around Zach LaVine both for this season and his walk/contract year next season. A core of LaVine, Kemba/White, Collins, Carter, and Williams is pretty scrappy in the East.

@celtics get:
    Steven Adams
    JJ Redick
    Rajon Rondo
    Kris Dunn

Celtics need interior presence to go against Embiid and the 76ers or they are dead on arrival. Adams gives them that and his extension means he is on a really manageable contract for them going forward. JJ gives them the 3 point shooting they are losing with Kemba, and Rajon and Dunn give them more defensive guard depth in the playoffs. This really cleans up they're messy cap going forward. If my math is right, it's going to save them ~$20m next season.

@PelicansNBA get:
    Tristan Thompson
    Otto Porter Jr.
    Lauri Markkanen

Pelicans add a 3rd 2021 RFA to the mix. It's possible Markkanen could be resigned if the price is right and he could be a perfect fit on offense next to Zion. For now, he comes off the bench - which should also suppress some of his free agency value. Thompson gives you a serviceable 15-20 mpg at center for a team that's not looking to win now, and at a very reasonable price this season and next. Otto is salary filler, but he could easily take those Melli minutes in some games.

Pelicans ultimately clear a lot of cap space for this summer with Otto coming off the cap sheet, but they do it anticipating bringing back Lonzo, Hart, and Markkanen and still having flexibility.

Trade thread for all the insane trades y?all got

Had a good trade but realized Dinwiddie is injured
    Last edited by Sleeper; 03-13-2021 at 12:50 AM.

KNICKS GET

JJ Redick (SG)

CLIPPERS GET

Frank Ntilikina (PG)

PELICANS GET

Luke Kennard (SG)
    Daniel Oturu (C)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yeo8h2d6
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-15-2021 at 05:52 PM.

Otto porter would fit this team so well

Shams a Saints reporter now?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Shams a Saints reporter now?

Both Taysom and Jamies are on one year deals. They are definitely drafting a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Both Taysom and Jamies are on one year deals. They are definitely drafting a QB.
    Either way, will be kinda nice to see what a 60 yard bomb looks like again. I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Nah, they probably drafting CB in round one.

Atleast Winston has familiarity throwing to saints players. He has thrown 4 ints to us in his last game vs us. A 1 year deal tells me we are banking on Seattle losing to possibly grab Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    Atleast Winston has familiarity throwing to saints players. He has thrown 4 ints to us in his last game vs us. A 1 year deal tells me we are banking on Seattle losing to possibly grab Wilson.
    Something funky with Us vs. Bruce's system. We got the blueprint on their route scheme and concepts aswell us attacking their oline with our stunt game. Even Tom Brady had 5 picks against us in two games during the regular season. Bruce's Tampa has been 0-4 against us the last two season in the regular season. I think it has to do with their patchwork Oline getting constantly mauled by us. If the team didn't self destruct with 4 TOs. We would of coasted to a win in the playoffs.

Father Time always seem to be knocking come playoff time.

Winston was throwing picks before Arians arrived. I’m still holding out hope for Wilson or Watson

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    Winston was throwing picks before Arians arrived. I’m still holding out hope for Wilson or Watson
    Wilson and Watson are huge dreams and not realistic. Brees threw a lot of interceptions before coming to NOLA as well.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    KNICKS GET

JJ Redick (SG)

CLIPPERS GET

Frank Ntilikina (PG)

PELICANS GET

Luke Kennard (SG)
    Daniel Oturu (C)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yeo8h2d6
    Not going to get Kennard for JJ. Pretty sure he has a poison pill contract as well, which may make it more difficult to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not going to get Kennard for JJ. Pretty sure he has a poison pill contract as well, which may make it more difficult to trade.
    Not really poison pill

Then TO

I actually don't mind the contract. He's a younger, less bone headed Buddy Hield on a much better contract. Basically JJ money.

And he's pretty deadly when open
    Last edited by AusPel; 03-16-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Not really poison pill

Then TO

I actually don't mind the contract. He's a younger, less bone headed Buddy Hield on a much better contract. Basically JJ money.

Poison pill determines how the contract is treated for salary match purposes in a trade.

For salary-matching purposes, if a player is traded between the time his rookie contract is extended and the following July 1 (when that extension takes effect), the player’s incoming value for the receiving team is the average of his current-year salary and the annual salary in each year of his extension. His current team, on the other hand, simply treats his current-year salary as the outgoing figure for matching purposes.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/10/...provision.html

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Poison pill determines how the contract is treated for salary match purposes in a trade.
    My idea of a poison pill contract was always a severely front or back loaded contract. This is novel version of the PP for me

I don't even really understand why this provision you quoted exists in the CBA

It's not like the sign and trade provision where the outgoing salary is half of what the 1st year of the new contract is, which which actually has some logic to it.

Generally teams don't extend guys with the specific idea in mind to quickly trade them.

Ok actually scratch that. Maybe teams do extend guys with the idea in mind to make them salary filler

Maybe it's not all that different to signing OoC guys with the purpose to make them salary filler

I actually personally have no problem with signing guys to a certain contract to make them salary filler. It's just a clever use of the already super convoluted CBA rules
    Last edited by AusPel; 03-16-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Not really poison pill

Then TO

True, I don't think he's a bad player at all.... However his injury history gives me deja vu. Still, he's yet to prove his worth tbh

Edit: I haven't watched film on his defense but..... How's his defense?
    Last edited by hornetzplaya; 03-16-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    True, I don't think he's a bad player at all.... However his injury history gives me deja vu. Still, he's yet to prove his worth tbh

Edit: I haven't watched film on his defense but..... How's his defense?
    Same as JJs really

I'd rather Harris at 18 mil or Duncan around the same though

But still, I don't hate the option

Thread Information