Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Trade thread for all the insane trades y?all got

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    No idea. I'd be more in favour of trading the Bucks/Lakers picks than our own, particularly the closer ones. I'd much rather trade our 2021 LA pick than our own, for example.
    Yeah, I don't think you're gonna get out from trading our 2021 1st. I think the Bulls would want some immediate return on the trade besides Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think you're gonna get out from trading our 2021 1st. I think the Bulls would want some immediate return on the trade besides Ball.
    I must say, I know the Lebron effect should not be understated, but ADs Achilles issue has me wondering if that 2022 Lakers pick has a lot more potential value than appears on the surface. Theres a long list of big men with lower leg/foot issues that have completely derailed careers. If it was a shoulder or something, I would say meh; but an lingering Achilles injury is absolutely something to monitor.

Point is, I dont think I would be so quick to trade the Lakers 2022 pick because I think the value on the open market is outweighed by the potential if AD misses significant time in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I must say, I know the Lebron effect should not be understated, but ADs Achilles issue has me wondering if that 2022 Lakers pick has a lot more potential value than appears on the surface. Theres a long list of big men with lower leg/foot issues that have completely derailed careers. If it was a shoulder or something, I would say meh; but an lingering Achilles injury is absolutely something to monitor.

Point is, I dont think I would be so quick to trade the Lakers 2022 pick because I think the value on the open market is outweighed by the potential if AD misses significant time in 2022
    That being said, I would trade it for Lavine obviously. Just saying I hope they dont treat that pick as a throw in yet

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post

They longer they hold out instead of just getting surgery. Probably the better outlook for the 2022 pick. Especially, if he blows it in the playoffs.

Here's one...

Dallas gets Steven Adams and 21 First Rounder; and possibly another First Rounder TBD

New Orleans gets Kristaps Porzingis

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mavs...000800505.html

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb7txwhk
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-23-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Bulls: Lonzo, Melli, & a Bucks 1st

Pels: Coby White & Lauri Markkanen

C: Adams, Hernangomez, Hayes
    PF: Zion, Markkanen
    SF: BI, Hart
    SG: White, JJ, NAW
    PG: Bledsoe, Kira
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 02-27-2021 at 01:07 AM.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    a trade possibility I see being kicked around is Bledsoe for Schroder straight up.... I would be very tempted strictly from a player standpoint, but is anyone aware of anything in Dennis' background that might impact things?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Here's one...

Dallas gets Steven Adams and 21 First Rounder; and possibly another First Rounder TBD

New Orleans gets Kristaps Porzingis

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mavs...000800505.html

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb7txwhk
    Cuban would trip over his feet answering this phone call. He would just scream yes from the floor.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    a trade possibility I see being kicked around is Bledsoe for Schroder straight up.... I would be very tempted strictly from a player standpoint, but is anyone aware of anything in Dennis' background that might impact things?
    Well he sucks, but so does Bledsoe.

He's also not as young as some people think (he's 27, so not old either but I've seen people on twitter who still think he's on his rookie deal lmao).

Not aware of any major background stuff though.
    Basketball.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar

He's also not as young as some people think (he's 27, so not old either but I've seen people on twitter who still think he's on his rookie deal lmao).

he is not shooting the 3ball well so far this year at all, but he is capable to an extent.... more of a true point guard than Bledsoe and shoots over 80 percent from the foul line.... I would love to see Bledsoe involved in a much more impactful move, but one for one as proposed, I think I would take a chance with Schroder....

He had a bad reputation in the locker room in Atlanta. Not sure if it has followed him or not.

Schroder, like Nerlens Noel, rehabilitated some negative perceptions in a good environment at OKC and that's carried through I believe in LA. My caution would be I feel like he has something to prove, ie that he belongs as a starter on a championship team. Risk of high usage with mediocre efficiency. But a better attacking PG then Bledsoe or Lonzo.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

We still suck at closing. Which is why I want CP3 so badly.

Offer Zo and anyone else besides BI and Zion for CP this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    We still suck at closing. Which is why I want CP3 so badly.

Offer Zo and anyone else besides BI and Zion for CP this summer.

CP3 would teach this team the one thing SVG can't, and there's probably not 5 others in the NBA who can: How to hate losing even more than liking winning.

Quote Originally Posted by KoMikaera View Post
    Schroder, like Nerlens Noel, rehabilitated some negative perceptions in a good environment at OKC and that's carried through I believe in LA. My caution would be I feel like he has something to prove, ie that he belongs as a starter on a championship team. Risk of high usage with mediocre efficiency. But a better attacking PG then Bledsoe or Lonzo.
    Has he rehabilitated it yet? He was acting like a malcontent at soon as he got to Lakers, demanding to be a starter.

Let's trade JJ to Boston

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7h97usz

Boston: JJ Redick (UFA)
    Portland: Myers Leonard (2)
    Miami: Tristan Thompson (2); Anfernee Simmons (2)
    NOLA: Zach Collins (CO); Duncan Robinson (RFA)

Still try to move Bledsoe and Adams this year or during the summer.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-03-2021 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Has he rehabilitated it yet? He was acting like a malcontent at soon as he got to Lakers, demanding to be a starter.
    Oh Ok, to be fair I haven't followed him much at LA. That could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Let's trade JJ to Boston

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7h97usz

Boston: JJ Redick (UFA)
    Portland: Myers Leonard (2)
    Miami: Tristan Thompson (2); Anfernee Simmons (2)
    NOLA: Zach Collins (CO); Duncan Robinson (RFA)

Still try to move Bledsoe and Adams this year or during the summer.
    No way we get Robinson and Collins for JJ. Portland loves Simons, so not sure why they would trade him and Collins for an expiring injured Leonard.

Eric Gordon ?Puddin? is available.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Although it's a bit far out, would anyone be interested in trading Adams for a FRP by next seasons trade deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by MJ23datruGOAT View Post
    Although it's a bit far out, would anyone be interested in trading Adams for a FRP by next seasons trade deadline?
    Of course.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MJ23datruGOAT View Post
    Depends on the FRP and if there's any protections and stuff but yeah I could see that being a plausible thing to do.

Lonzo Ball Trade Rumors: Talks for Pelicans PG 'Have Fizzled for Now'

Trade talks around the NBA for New Orleans Pelicans point guard Lonzo Ball have reportedly "fizzled," according to Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer.

But a Ball trade isn't out of the question.

Per that report, "trading the 23-year-old will remain a possibility, especially since the Pelicans are expected to be active ahead of the trade deadline. Executives say they could be buyers or sellers, depending on what direction the trade winds blow."
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...izzled-for-now

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Lonzo Ball Trade Rumors: Talks for Pelicans PG 'Have Fizzled for Now'

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...izzled-for-now
    We was supposed to be active last year, but did nothing... With how talent rich this draft looks to be... I doubt anything happens.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We was supposed to be active last year, but did nothing... With how talent rich this draft looks to be... I doubt anything happens.
    If they're really intent on moving him I'm fine with pushing it into the future if it nets something more. For example maybe something like this:

https://tradenba.com/trades/Nm6C-kLMV

Thread Information