Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade thread for all the insane trades y?all got

I would bet pretty big money that neither of those guys is our center when we are good. I think Adams is a fine fit with Zion but I think his body will break down by the time we get to beginning of peak Ingram and Zion. Hayes....... I just dont see it at all. Classic guy who bounces around for a while and ends up being solid for someone eventually, then gets overpaid based on pedigree. Similar to a Biyombo
    @mcnamara247

Ask Giannis how important Lopez was to his two MVP campaigns.

or

I wonder if Giannis would have had two back to back MVP campaigns with Steven Adams playing the 5 on his team.
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-24-2021 at 09:21 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Check out this trade scenario I made on #TradeNBA

@nyknicks get:
    Lonzo Ball
    Mike Scott
    Tony Bradley

@PelicansNBA get:
    Julius Randle
    Terrance Ferguson

@sixers get:
    JJ Redick
    Nicolo Melli

https://tradenba.com/trades/WAv499Yql

Free up PT for NAW/Kira, let Julius shoot for 6th man of the year off the bench in what could have been Meli’s minutes. Take a flier on Ferg.

Julius only had $4m guaranteed next season, so very easy to move on.

Trade for Wayne Ellington
    SIGN A SF

I've avoided this one. But I am on the Lonzo for Knox + whatever filler train. That one makes too much sense.

Then JJ has to be getting traded as well.

If we're going to trade for any picks, please make them picks in 2022. I'd love to stock up on a few more picks for the draft in which they change the rules on eligibility. They currently have 2 1sts as well as 3 2nds

Personally I think we're a little too optimistic about trading Lonzo and Redick. I think we get a DECENT return. We aren't getting anyone supremely noteworthy in a 3 team trade or whatever. Their value isn't that high. Redick can net us a decent player while Lonzo at this moment has little to no value. But hey, maybe a playoff team could be desperate for shooting and takes a shot at a trade like this? Who knows, but I'm not expecting anything eyebrow raising.

EDIT: I'm not speaking to anyone here in this forum I'm talking about the speculation that Trading Zo and Redick will get us something pretty good. Those players alone won't move anything. But if we put in a 1st pick then we can talk. But I don't think that's likely.
    Last edited by hornetzplaya; 01-26-2021 at 03:41 PM.

I can still see Reddick netting us the same haul he normally would have. It’s Zo I’m worried about. I was worried about him last season and am still worried about him because he has not grown mentally tougher whatsoever. I like the idea of Lonzo. He just can’t put it together here

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I can still see Reddick netting us the same haul he normally would have. It’s Zo I’m worried about. I was worried about him last season and am still worried about him because he has not grown mentally tougher whatsoever. I like the idea of Lonzo. He just can’t put it together here
    Yeah I think Redick is the kind of person who will have retained his value relatively well. It's easy to imagine him returning to his decade-long high quality shooting in another situation. Sometimes players just need that move.

Lonzo is much harder to sell yourself on. He had one season of improved shooting (last year) and has dropped back off to a career worst this year. FT shooting has never been good. Half court playmaking has never been good. Driving has never been good. It's a ton of real concerns.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I like it, just think Lonzo and Redick is worth more than oubre, looney and a second. Whatever I got I’d give to Washington anyway. Doubt Washington would want Oubre back so send them Bledsoe.

Honestly don't know why the Warriors would be involved in this. They had Oubre before, so it's not like they don't know what they're getting.

Much more likely they'd want Lonzo up front for themselves, and we're already providing almost all of the pick compensation so it's not like GS are needed for that.

Wizards would probably take Redick too, either to use him as an expiring for salary purposes or as a trade chip at their own leisure.

The Franchise
    I like it, just think Lonzo and Redick is worth more than oubre, looney and a second. Whatever I got I’d give to Washington anyway. Doubt Washington would want Oubre back so send them Bledsoe.

Beal looks like he wants new scenery bad. Washington asking for a discount price now?

Gonna take a whole lot more than that to get Beal. Also, Washington dumped Oubre before, they are not going to want him back as the main player in a deal for a star.

I think everyone needs to prepare to be underwhelmed at the trades that we make. I sense we're building for the far future rather than now or the near future.
    Last edited by hornetzplaya; 01-28-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I get the feeling that Brad isn't very bright, if he thinks Washington is the place to win

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I get the feeling that Brad isn't very bright, if he thinks Washington is the place to win
    What is with you and determining player's intelligence?

How much would you give, in addition to Steven Adams, for Vucevic?

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    How much would you give, in addition to Steven Adams, for Vucevic?
    Relatively little.

I like Vooch quite a bit actually but he doesn't do that much to fix most of the problems we have right now. He's obviously a great shooting big but I'm not quite as committed to the ''we need a stretch big'' thing as some other people are, and he doesn't really help our defensive issues at all; if anything, he would make them even worse. He's 30 as well, which isn't optimal. Not untouchable, of course, 30 isn't ancient, but it's not a point in his favour.

His contract is pretty solid though, not that high and declining.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    What is with you and determining player's intelligence?
    It was a tongue in cheek jab at how bad the Wiz are right now

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Relatively little.

I like Vooch quite a bit actually but he doesn't do that much to fix most of the problems we have right now. He's obviously a great shooting big but I'm not quite as committed to the ''we need a stretch big'' thing as some other people are, and he doesn't really help our defensive issues at all; if anything, he would make them even worse. He's 30 as well, which isn't optimal. Not untouchable, of course, 30 isn't ancient, but it's not a point in his favour.

His contract is pretty solid though, not that high and declining.
    I think Vooch makes more sense for this team in a world where we extend Lonzo. At that point I'd be willing to sweeten the pot a bit to maybe Adams, Hayes, and both high 2nd rounders. This team is so fluid , though, we need to know who's gonna be here past the deadline and which direction we're going before we really start focusing on upgrades at certain positions.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    It was a tongue in cheek jab at how bad the Wiz are right now
    Oh, my bad

I think it would make sense for the Pels to shop Willy. I know we're playing better since he entered the rotation, and he's a pretty solid backup big, but he's not a long term piece on this roster. He's likely not going to be on the roster next season. If you could pick up a few seconds for him, shouldn't you? Jax needs to get back in the rotation at some point, even if it's not conducive to winning.

Taj Gibson and Detroit's 2nd from the Knicks would be the ideal trade in this scenario

Thread Information