Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade thread for all the insane trades y?all got

Trade thread for all the insane trades y?all got

Decided to make a thread where we can post all the crazy trades you want.

All right my first trade

TWolves: Lonzo, Hayes, Melli - they need a 4 and either Hayes or Melli would beat out Layman &/or Juancho? A Lonzo & DLo backcourt would be interesting.

Pelicans: Rubio, Culver, Naz Reid - we get a helluva 2nd unit point guard if not starter for 2 years, a decent potential future SG or SF to eventually take JJ?s spot, and a center I may like better than Hayes with Zion for the future in Naz. Then we could possibly pick up Ilaysova to replace Melli for this year.

You had me at Naz!

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Decided to make a thread where we can post all the crazy trades you want.

All right my first trade

TWolves: Lonzo, Hayes, Melli - they need a 4 and either Hayes or Melli would beat out Layman &/or Juancho? A Lonzo & DLo backcourt would be interesting.

Pelicans: Rubio, Culver, Naz Reid - we get a helluva 2nd unit point guard if not starter for 2 years, a decent potential future SG or SF to eventually take JJ?s spot, and a center I may like better than Hayes with Zion for the future in Naz. Then we could possibly pick up Ilaysova to replace Melli for this year.
    I wouldn't trade Lonzo, Melli and JAX for this. There's not a scorer in the lot....

Rubio is a lifetime sub-40% shooter; never known as a defender.
    Culver can't shoot a lick and is a sub 50% FT shooter...not encouraging for a 2 or 3 (albeit a small sample -one year)
    NAZ has shot less than 41% while playing in the paint (albeit a small sample-one year)

Oh! I get it now. The trade idea has to be insane.

I wouldn’t do this trade today, but if we don’t plan on resigning Lonzo I would try to get something for him. I hope he’s the most improved player and we resign him cause he’s a talented player that’s hard to come by everyday.

But if I had to trade him I might make this deal. I really like having Rubio for a year & half for Kira’s point guard development. Culver had a double, double the other night with 10 points & 10 boards off the bench in only 21 minutes and they have too many wings now with Beasley, Edwards, Culver, and Okogie. Naz averaged 8.9 ppg last year as a rookie in only 31 games and had 8 points & 5 boards in only 18 minutes off the bench the other night.

I do think we aren't going to be FA team till our picks dry up. So, I do think if Ball elevate his play. We'll overpay to keep him.

Hayes to Reid is such an incredible downgrade I would cry.
    Basketball.

I thought that as well till I heard Bill Simmons say he liked Naz Reid on the Ringers over under wins for every team pod cast talking about the TWolves. So I looked into him since I didn’t watch all that many TWolves games last year and saw some possible potential. I just like that 264 pounds at 21 years old and can actually dribble, pass, & shoot a bit unlike Hayes

Just watching his highlight video on YouTube he looks decent for a rookie that only played 31 games. I know it’s highlights, but I don’t see Hayes being able to do any of that EVER! His dribbling, passing, and shooting at that size is really impressive
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 12-26-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Since the Nets lost Dinwiddie to an ACL and don’t really have much of a backup PG with Kyrie also usually missing time.

Nets: Lonzo, Redick, Hayes, Melli

Pels: LaVert, Allen, & Prince

Or just Ball & Melli for LaVert

Or Ball & Redick for LaVert & Prince! That would be probably the best one since they would replace LaVert with Redick.

C: Adams, Hayes
    PF: Zion, Melli
    SF: BI, Prince
    SG: LaVert, Hart
    PG: Bled, NAW, Kira

And it force us to play Kira which I want to see lol
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 12-28-2020 at 03:31 PM.

I wonder what it would take to get D'Arron Fox loose from Sacramento. Lonzo Ball (2) and Fox (5) were both part of the 2017 Draft. Would be nice if we could ship Californian, Ball straight up for New Orleanian, Fox, but, alas, Fox has already signed an extension.

Unite Ball with his brother and shed Bledsoe. https://tradenba.com/trades/QUFuVGtKJ

If Lamb comes back and looks good.

Pacers: Lonzo, Redick, Melli (don’t know how Bird could pass on that, lol)

Pels: Turner, Lamb

We already dominate on the boards, so we would really dominate if we had Turner coming off the bench. Not many teams could hang with a Zion, Adams, and Turner trio lol.

We get two decent players on the books for a decent price with a ton of players coming off the books when Zion is due for a contract.

PF: Zion, Turner
    SF: BI, Hart
    SG: Lamb, NAW
    PG: Bled, Kira

The only problem is our guards, but I would be fine with playing the youngsters a ton of minutes since we not competing for a title & & this draft is so good. Build around this team fir the next 3 years and let’s see what happens

We get in a Harden trade. Even though 76 year old Pat Riley said he was out on Harden, I don’t believe it. I think he said that mainly so his other Eastern counterparts don’t go after him hard. I think they make the most sense. I doubt he’s worried too much about the future at 76 and adding Harden to Jimmy & Bam would be a really nice big 3 that just went to the finals. Plus they have good young players like Herro, Robinson, and Precious. And I could see Butler & Bam to an extent keeping Harden in his place.

Houston: Lonzo, Herro, Precious, Iguodala, Melli, and a Heat’s 1sts

Heat: Harden

Pelicans: Robinson, Olynyk

PF: Zion, Olynyk
    SF: BI, Hart
    SG: Robinson, JJ
    PG: Bledsoe, NAW

We would always have spacing with Robinson & JJ on the court. We would have to resign Robinson for sure to hopefully a decent deal. Our defense would suffer, but we get the best 3 point shooter in the league pretty much. We need better spacing on that first unit and when teams collapse on Zion, Adams, & BI you got Robinson standing there to hit some 3s!!

Since Fultz is done for the year and they were looking like a playoff team with a 6-2 record.

Magic: Lonzo Ball

Pelicans: Terence Ross

He’s on a good 3 year deal that decreases from 13.5 mil to 12.5 then 11.5 in his final year. He’s averaging 20.8 ppg this year. Let’s do it!!

Reddick has to go but only if we can get a shooter back. Way too one dimensional
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Since Fultz is done for the year and they were looking like a playoff team with a 6-2 record.

Magic: Lonzo Ball

Pelicans: Terence Ross

He’s on a good 3 year deal that decreases from 13.5 mil to 12.5 then 11.5 in his final year. He’s averaging 20.8 ppg this year. Let’s do it!!
    13.5mil is a bit too much to take back

But I like it

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Celtics get
    Lou Williams
    JJ Redick
    2021 Wiz 2nd (from Pels)
    2022 ATL 2nd (from Clips)

Kings get
    Terance Mann
    Jaxson Hayes
    Romeo Langford

Clippers get
    Lonzo Ball
    Marvin Bagley
    save $9.8m in cap space

Pelicans get
    Patrick Beverly
    Ivacca Zubac
    Aaron Nesmith
    save $5.3m in cap space
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 01-07-2021 at 04:27 PM.

It went through on ESPN’s trade machine. It gave us +7 wins to -11 for the Magic lol

Detroit Gets

Eric Bledsoe
    JJ Redick

New Orleans Gets

Blake Griffin

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4oesot9

PG: Lonzo / Lewis / BI
    SG: NAW / Hart / BI
    SF: BI / Hart / Zion
    PF: Zion / Griff / Melli
    C: Adams / Griff / JAX

I can only imagine a possibilities line of Adams, Griffin, Zion, NAW, BI on the court at the same time.

NOTE: All of this is contingent on Blake Griffin's health report.

The Franchise
    Net get
    Bledsoe-JJ

Pels get
    Beal-Claxton-Bridges

Wiz get
    Dimwiddie-Prince-Net First- 3 first rounders from pels (let them choose between one from us, Lakers, and Buck picks)

Charlotte gets
    Lonzo

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yy8uqbvp

Thread Information