Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade thread for all the insane trades y?all got

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    anyone care to structure a legit trade that would center around Ball to the Mav's and Seth Curry to us? Picks? Other players? I feel Curry could fit in here pretty nicely....
    You couldn't pry him away from Philly right now with a crowbar (he was traded from the Mavs before the season started). His numbers are unsustainable, but nonetheless, are off the chart before he tweaked his ankle and his contract is a steal that the 76'ers would be foolish to part with.
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-21-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Yeah NAW and Kira has made Bledsoe and Lonzo expendable.
    Way too early to say that. I agree with one, but not both unless we get a decent veteran PG in return.

How about Josh Hart for Ant Simons?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Way too early to say that. I agree with one, but not both unless we get a decent veteran PG in return.
    While I agree its too early to say what I said... we're not title contenders this year, so my point was let these young guys get the bulk of the minutes and give them some time on the floor to develop.

We still need a SG that can knock down shots. But I'd be cool with allowing these 2 youngins to get out there and figure it out on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    While I agree its too early to say what I said... we're not title contenders this year, so my point was let these young guys get the bulk of the minutes and give them some time on the floor to develop.

We still need a SG that can knock down shots. But I'd be cool with allowing these 2 youngins to get out there and figure it out on the fly.
    Definitely need more minutes. However, we cannot simply just get rid of the 2 veterans and throw the 2 young guys to the wolves full time.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    That trade would be really hard to make. Some would say impossible
    shows you how much I know... now that I think about it though, this was a thread about insane trades...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

OK here goes: LONZO and BLEDSOE for KEVIN LOVE. As a secondary move at able timeline Dellavedova for Hernangomez straight swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    OK here goes: LONZO and BLEDSOE for KEVIN LOVE. As a secondary move at able timeline Dellavedova for Hernangomez straight swap.
    I kind of see the logic for that: you add a stretch 4 who's a really good passer, capable rebounder, yadda yadda

The problem I see with it is that it's hard to imagine how we'd end up getting him minutes. Do you start Kira and NAW and have Love come off the bench? Or do you start just one of those guys, move BI to the 2, and start Love at the 4? If you do that then I feel like our defense would have big issues with BI at 2, Zion at permanent 3, and Love at 4.

Obviously then you can just say that our defense sucks anyway, which is true tbh so I can't even really argue that much with you there. I just feel like if we're going to go all-in on finding another shooter and completely abandon the defense then trying to cash in on Beal is probably the better look.
    Basketball.

I will forever want Monte Morris as a backup PG.

Dude just does not turn it over. His career high in TOs is three. He's 175 games into his career and has never had a game where he's turned it over more than 3 times.

His career AST% is 21.6%. His career TO% is 7.0%.

Nobody else in NBA history has ever had a TO% of under 10% while posting an AST% over 20%.

There is so much value in someone who quite simply never messes up.

Also a career 39.3% 3pt shooter and 80.7% FT shooter. Only 25 years old. So much value.

The Franchise
    Bledsoe for Culver, Lonzo for Reddish and Dunn, and Redick for a late first. There would have to be fillers but I liked Culver and Reddish in last draft so wouldn’t mind seeing what they got. Worse case backup 2/3 & 3/4.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Bledsoe for Culver, Lonzo for Reddish and Dunn, and Redick for a late first. There would have to be fillers but I liked Culver and Reddish in last draft so wouldn’t mind seeing what they got. Worse case backup 2/3 & 3/4.
    No way you could get Reddish and Dunn for Lonzo. You'd have to add picks. Reddish has a long way to go on offense but he's already a legitimately valuable wing defender, which is the exact situation that Lonzo is in except Lonzo is several years older and they'd have to pay him soon. At least Reddish doesn't demand on-ball usage all the time, as well. Him alone is more valuable to the Hawks than Lonzo is, debatably.

Then you have Dunn who hasn't played yet this year but who took some big leaps defensively last year. They would probably want to see what he's got when he returns before they move him.

Turn it into just Lonzo for Reddish and then maybe attach seconds or something, or a future late first that's not likely to mean anything like a Milwaukee one, they might do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I kind of see the logic for that: you add a stretch 4 who's a really good passer, capable rebounder, yadda yadda

The problem I see with it is that it's hard to imagine how we'd end up getting him minutes. Do you start Kira and NAW and have Love come off the bench? Or do you start just one of those guys, move BI to the 2, and start Love at the 4? If you do that then I feel like our defense would have big issues with BI at 2, Zion at permanent 3, and Love at 4.

Obviously then you can just say that our defense sucks anyway, which is true tbh so I can't even really argue that much with you there. I just feel like if we're going to go all-in on finding another shooter and completely abandon the defense then trying to cash in on Beal is probably the better look.
    Obviously then you can just say that our defense sucks anyway, which is true tbh so I can't even really argue that much with you there. I just feel like if we're going to go all-in on finding another shooter and completely abandon the defense then trying to cash in on Beal is probably the better look.[/QUOTE]

I am not opposed to the BEAL route except for it's probable cost of future picks. Granted defense takes a hit, but to compete today we need more shooting. Love gives us that plus he is good on the boards as well. Yes, I see Zion as a full time 3 except small ball 5 with BI and guards. BI at 2 when both he and ZION on the court

NAW/KIRA
    BI/HART
    ZION/BI
    LOVE/MELLI
    ADAMS/LOVE/JAX

The Franchise
    Could do snell and Reddish for Bledsoe and a couple seconds or Lonzo and Melli. Snell’s PER is 2.4 so maybe he’s someone they can feel they can upgrade. I just really want some bigger wings and think Reddish could be our backup 3 and 4.

Ideally we could use Snell, Bledsoe and the appropriate amount of firsts for Beal. JJ to Boston to clear space and use the pick they give us for Beal.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6lyk4vh

Clippers: Lonzo Ball & Jaxson Hayes

Pacers: JJ Redick & Ivica Zubac

TWolves: Lou Williams, Nicolo Melli, Kabangele, Terrance Mann

Pels: Myles Turner, Ricky Rubio, Jared Culver

Why would the Pacers do that?

Why would the Clippers do that?

Why would the T Wolves do that?

The framework for completely 1 sided homer trades goes like this:

Phase 1: Identify the players you want, which also happen to be the best players in your scenario
    Phase 2: Bring all those players to your team
    Phade 3: Divide up the remaining lesser players between the other teams
    Phase 4: Don't assess in the slightest whether the other teams would have any interest in those remaining players
    Phase 5: Definitely overrate the value of your own assets/outgoing players, justifying the trade from your point of view
    Phase 6: Make a token effort to match salaries. Or don't, makes no difference for obvious reasons
    Phase 7: Post to your favourite message board as you are very proud of what you've come up with
    Phase 8: Profit

It's that simple

Here's another textbook example of this

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Bledsoe for Culver, Lonzo for Reddish and Dunn
    Last edited by AusPel; 01-23-2021 at 08:13 PM.

I think we should trade our pick for Cade the minute he gets drafted this year, then we should trade Lonzo and Bledsoe for Jokic, and trade JJ for Robert Covington. Finally then, you trade Melli and a second rounder for Draymond Green.

Then we'll be like this:

PD: Cade/Kira
    SG: NAW/Hart
    SF: BI/RoCo
    PF: Zion/Draymond
    C: Jokic/Adams/Jax

We'd be great. No need to worry about what other teams think.

I think we should trade our pick for Cade the minute he gets drafted this year, then we should trade Lonzo and Bledsoe for Jokic, and trade JJ for Robert Covington. Finally then, you trade Melli and a second rounder for Draymond Green.

Then we'll be like this:

PD: Cade/Kira
    SG: NAW/Hart
    SF: BI/RoCo
    PF: Zion/Draymond
    C: Jokic/Adams/Jax

We'd be great. No need to worry about what other teams think.
    They're you go.

Is just a matter of KYP

The Franchise
    I know sometimes we put up some trades that look ********ty but then cavs get Prince and Jared Allen for a couple seconds. So we just have to keep trying and hopefully we are on the good side.

If you are a fan of this league, I know you have seen many, many, many trades that were completely insane and down right impossible if you thought of it before it happened. So IMO no trade is impossible unless it doesn’t work money wise and what not. Plus going by the name of this thread this is just a fun spot to throw some insane trade ideas.

With LeVert being possibly out for the year they could use another true shooting guard to go with Lamb and Larry Bird has to love him some JJ Redick IMO. Zubac is to replace Turner. Supposedly they don’t like the Turner/Sabonis fit and were trying their hardest to move Turner this offseason. If the rumors were true Boston was nuts to not get Turner in a Hayward trade.

The Clippers are a legit point guard away from being true contenders IMO. Patrick Beverley and Reggie Jackson? Maybe they think Lonzo can be that. And they get a young center to replace Zubac and eventually replace Ibaka

They are the TWolves, but I would likely throw them a pick or two. They have log jam at the wing spot and don’t have much for power forwards. Plus it’s not like they are giving up a whole lot. And supposedly Melli was highly coveted over seas prospect and still has time to turn it around. Mann was just thrown in to make it work money wise
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 01-24-2021 at 02:28 AM.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxe3atdv

Hawks Get

Lou Williams
    Terrance Mann

Clippers Get

Lonzo Ball
    Josh Hart

Pelicans Get

Luke Kennard
    Cam Reddish
    John Collins

I'm sure we would have to sweeten the pot with draft capital to Atlanta.

Further, if I could find a buyer for Adams, I would certainly listen. His game, as much as I like it, does not suit Zion or Ingram's style of play. Naz Reid played havoc with Zion all night yesterday, and that was when he (Reid) was was 'guarding' Adams or JAX. Been saying from the moment we won the lottery two years ago...we need a 5 that can spread the floor. We need to find a Brook Lopez-type with all due urgency.

All this said, I wouldn't be adverse at all to a trade involving Naz Reid and Lonzo or Bledsoe. If we could eke out a Ricky Rubio too, all the more power to us.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Further, if I could find a buyer for Adams, I would certainly listen. His game, as much as I like it, does not suit Zion or Ingram's style of play. Naz Reid played havoc with Zion all night yesterday, and that was when he (Reid) was was 'guarding' Adams or JAX. Been saying from the moment we won the lottery two years ago...we need a 5 that can spread the floor. We need to find a Brook Lopez-type with all due urgency.

All this said, I wouldn't be adverse at all to a trade involving Naz Reid and Lonzo or Bledsoe. If we could eke out a Ricky Rubio too, all the more power to us.
    Griff isnt going to admit a mistake that early. It takes him a LONG time to ever admit one. He will keep hope alive until the end
    @mcnamara247

Yeah I’m for sure gonna go ahead and disagree that Adam’s doesn’t compliment Zion’s game. Is it because he doesn’t have a 3 or stretch the floor for Zion? Don’t care, we need our center to be able to defend, play off of Zion, get his own shot in the post, rebound, and make the teams defense better. Adam’s is a perfect fit next to Zion y’all crazy. Put some soft 3 point shooter next to Zion and we give up 150 a night. Myles turner would be great because he can hit the 3 and block shots but blocking shots doesn’t mean you’re a good defender. Now if we could somehow get Collins from Atlanta he would be the perfect fit. Great defender, rebounder and good 3 pt game

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Yeah I’m for sure gonna go ahead and disagree that Adam’s doesn’t compliment Zion’s game. Is it because he doesn’t have a 3 or stretch the floor for Zion? Don’t care, we need our center to be able to defend, play off of Zion, get his own shot in the post, rebound, and make the teams defense better. Adam’s is a perfect fit next to Zion y’all crazy. Put some soft 3 point shooter next to Zion and we give up 150 a night. Myles turner would be great because he can hit the 3 and block shots but blocking shots doesn’t mean you’re a good defender. Now if we could somehow get Collins from Atlanta he would be the perfect fit. Great defender, rebounder and good 3 pt game
    Or just keep developing Hayes. He got plenty of potential. Don't need to force something that's clearly not there.

Thread Information