Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: December 25th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Miami Heat - 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by Wecandothis View Post
    Heat are a good team they don't take many bad shots and they really move the ball
    Watching them it almost looks like they went to the finals a few months ago.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    I want to know who on our team said some personal stuff about the refs that has them holding a grudge against the team....2 games now and some wild and mom calls

Not too sure what the timeouts are doing. Again, down 5-6. Just get easy buckets. Attack rim, get kickout. Nope, that’s too much like right.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Zion with a great first half and disappeared in the 2nd
    Zion had 8 pts 2rbds in the 3rd.

This is what the defense look like without Jrue

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Refs did THIER job. Took all of our momentum away with the BS foul calls.
    Yeah. Every time we had momentum they’d make a godawful decision and shift the game the other way. Miami has always had this weird pull with officials so no surprise.

Having said that, we’ve fallen into too many bad habits once the dung hit the fan and we have no idea how to play basketball once our starting lineup is out. We need a big response in the next game. Not impressed.

How was that not a blocking foul lmao

Basketball Guru
    We was in a 5min drought until zion points

Reddick gets hacked on 3. No call. LMAO at these refs.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    This is what the defense look like without Jrue
    Yeah. We aren’t giving up 120. I kid as that wasn’t Jrue’s fault (Gentry), but for good bits of this game we were fine. Definitely better than before.

Hey we're going to lose but isn't it wild that we can face Toronto/Miami in our first two games, come out 1-1 with the loss being probably by single digits, and still feel like it's a bit disappointing? That's a good sign!

These refs were horrible today. If Bled & JJ have half the game they had the other day we likely win

Boy we're gonna have a wild film session tomorrow (if we don't play idk the schedule). The Defensive trash in the first half and late game. Then the offensive lapses in the 2nd quarter and late game non existent offense. We'll get better as the season goes on. But Bledsoe, Hayes, Melli, and Lonzo needs to show up something heavily. I will say Lonzo played decent the first half... Second half was back to some old Lonzo.

Having said all that, Miami needs to be investigated. They slipped the officials a 20

Bledsoe with the meaningless 3.

The game over put in Kira for Bled

I was like watch him hit when it doesn’t matter for Bled

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I like the fight, but too little too late. Can't make a shot tonight either. But they're not winning this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Yeah. Every time we had momentum they’d make a godawful decision and shift the game the other way. Miami has always had this weird pull with officials so no surprise.

Having said that, we’ve fallen into too many bad habits once the dung hit the fan and we have no idea how to play basketball once our starting lineup is out. We need a big response in the next game. Not impressed.
    I agree. I played D1 soccer. It’s SO HARD to stay focused and competitive when the refs are so against you. Every single tome we were making a run the refs CLEARLY killed it.

The bam flagrant. The foul on Melli with Dragic wildly running into him. Those were the two big ones. Notice how they took 5 minutes and then gave the Flagrant.

It’s a fact that these refs bet on games and are manipulated. Tonight was a perfect example.

Loving these garbage Zion points lol

Hopefully Stan is open to experimentation if the backcourt continues to struggle (at least for the bench). I haven’t seen a valid reason for keeping Nickeil out at the very least.

The back court is the weakest link. Give NAW his minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    I agree. I played D1 soccer. It’s SO HARD to stay focused and competitive when the refs are so against you. Every single tome we were making a run the refs CLEARLY killed it.

The bam flagrant. The foul on Melli with Dragic wildly running into him. Those were the two big ones. Notice how they took 5 minutes and then gave the Flagrant.

It’s a fact that these refs bet on games and are manipulated. Tonight was a perfect example.
    That Bradley slap on Ingram made me cry. How do they get away with it. I’m at a loss when I see noncalls like that.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The back court is the weakest link. Give NAW his minutes.
    There has to be an injury or something. I'm literally crying for him to enter and give us a spark.

Final Stats

Zion: 32pts, 14rbds, 1ast, 1stl - 11/20 (55%) and 10/15 from the line (66.7%). 3TO, 1foul
    Ingram: 28pts, 2rbds, 3asts - 7/17 (41.2%), 4/8 from 3 (50%), and 10/11 from the line (90.9%). 4TO
    Adams: 6pts, 9rbds, 1ast, 2stl, 1blk - 3/3 shooting
    Lonzo: 6pts, 2rbds, 6asts, 2stl - 2/8 shooting (25%) all from 3. 3TO, 4fouls
    Bledsoe: 5pts, 2rbds, 6asts, 1stl - 2/10 shooting (20%), 1/6 from 3 (16.7%). 5TO, 2 fouls.

Hart: 12/9, 50% shooting
    Redick: 8/2, 1/7 shooting (14.3%)
    Melli: 1 point, 0/2 shooting
    Hayes: 1rebound, 1 assist, 0/1 shooting, 3 minutes total.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    No takeaways at all from this game. Other than, the Pels were not allowed to compete because the game was completely controlled and one sided by the refs. Constant fouls on Heat, none called when Pels were within single digits. Game was determined before tipoff. We just thought Pels had a chance. If this is how they are going to treat favorites, this will be a long season.

Thread Information