Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Here we Go! (COVID NBA NEWS THREAD)

NBA Here we Go! (COVID NBA NEWS THREAD)

I’m pretty sure eventually schedules and games will be shifting around like the NFL has done. Let’s just start a thread and hope it is rarely used.

Last edited by 13 - 3; 12-23-2020 at 04:15 PM.

Update: Yes I do see Adam Silver say they can shift games around like the NFL has done if necessary. Don’t get to comfortable with the schedule.

Pretty absurd imo. Should be a Rockets forfeit.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Pretty absurd imo. Should be a Rockets forfeit.
    NBA would have to refund TV rights money. Not happening. NFL backed off really quick from the forfeit threats if you remember.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    NBA would have to refund TV rights money. Not happening. NFL backed off really quick from the forfeit threats if you remember.
    I neither watch nor know about the NFL. I just know it's absurd that the Thunder are going to have to reschedule a game in an already cramped schedule for absolutely no fault of their own, when the fault lies squarely at the feet of a guy on Rockets payroll.

James Harden partying with no mask.

Nice!

So Sixer’s rookie Tyrese Maxey went off today. That’s nice.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pelidae was always a big Maxey proponent

Most were from my recollection. The Sixers media and fans are big on him.

Meanwhile in New Orleans our young players can warm a bench with the best of them.

Yeah, Maxey at 21 was pretty widely regarded as a steal.

Definitely should have been taken before Cole Anthony (15) and Isaiah Stewart (16)

That was a really terrible pick by Detroit. That guy has as much basketball skill as Jaxson Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Pelidae was always a big Maxey proponent
    Yeah, I had him in my signature ''endorser'' list, alongside guys like Okoro and Desmond Bane, both of whom are also doing pretty well to start this year.

I wanted us to take him at 13, though I was also fine with Kira; not that we've got much chance to see what he can do yet.

Big lol at Beal having to isolate because he came into contact with Tatum after the game, but for some reason all of the people on Tatum's team and who spent a whole game having him sweat on them don't.

NBA official policy is that COVID can't transmit while the game clock is running, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Big lol at Beal having to isolate because he came into contact with Tatum after the game, but for some reason all of the people on Tatum's team and who spent a whole game having him sweat on them don't.

NBA official policy is that COVID can't transmit while the game clock is running, apparently.
    Silver trying to take all the big names out of the game?

Is this some sort of Tenet/Inversion reality going on?

Eventually we will get hit

Everyone will get hit, I just find it odd that the league would not postpone the 6ers game given their situation. Obviously the 6ers won, but that game was rough on them given their limited roster size. It seems like the league was trying to flex, or something pointless.

No more practices was being discussed? Awesome! This league could use slime cannons too. Every time Lonzo shoots fire the cannons.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Everyone will get hit, I just find it odd that the league would not postpone the 6ers game given their situation. Obviously the 6ers won, but that game was rough on them given their limited roster size. It seems like the league was trying to flex, or something pointless.
    The league is being extremely stubborn. Even using their ridiculous interpretations of COVID transmission (they claim that players in a game don't spend a total of 15 minutes within 6 feet of another human being, for example, which is nonsense for anyone who plays at least 25 minutes a game) they've still had player after player come down with positive tests or potential exposures. It seems fairly clear to me that they need to pause the league for at least 10 days to clear everyone currently in the testing/tracing/isolating pipeline, and if they were being serious about the issue they would probably already be considering some sort of postponement, at least until better arrangement could be found.

But they don't actually care that much so it's whatever.

This COVID protocol crap is killing me in fantasy. I think they have gone a little bit overboard with the contact tracing. They need adjust it somewhat or tons of games will get postponed.

Well then you got this

No more calling Hookers/Compassion guests to the Hotel.

Nola.com, Pause the season

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...4c6d20f66.html

Could a season pause benefit us in the long run?

Several of KATs family members have died of COVID during this pandemic. For him to get it just puts another horrible blow in for him, and also highlights how brutal and impersonal the NBA can be that this season keeps chugging along with ridiculous justifications while stuff like this is happening.

Thread Information