Pelicans Report

Thread: Recommend viewing?

Pelicans Recommend viewing?

What are some of your recommended basketball videos?

I suggest Game 5 of the 2004 NBA Finals where the Pistons beat the Lakers. IMHO the Pistons in this game showed what defensive intensity is and how defense can turn into transition offense for layup after layup. SVG must dream that this is what the Pelicans will (eventually) do.

Bonus: Rasheed Wallace's face (not his game) looks like Steven Adams.

Discussion question: Can Lonzo Ball ever be a version of Chauncey Billups? People thought Billups was an underachiever also, so they have that in common.

There is a youtuber that uploads full OKC games...SEF-Oklahoma. No idea how this person gets around the NBA, but he's got many uploaded.

There is a recent game against Philly and Embiid thats interesting.

Whoever says there is no way Steven Adams could get 17.5 mil next summer doesn't know that they're talking about but anyway...

I know James_kp uploads full Saints games. Maybe someone can take up the honor and start doing it for Pels games.

In terms of actual games, I love ''torogo'', a youtube channel that uploads a ton of college games. I have ESPN+ so I watch most of them on there, but when I didn't, Torogo was a great place to go. Has most of Zion's Duke games up as well, if you want some flashback material.

Beyond that, anyone who isn't watching Thinking Basketball's channel is massively missing out. Just the best YouTube analytics material out there: the host also has a podcast which is more detailed and longer-form, if you're interested.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Beyond that, anyone who isn't watching Thinking Basketball's channel is massively missing out. Just the best YouTube analytics material out there: the host also has a podcast which is more detailed and longer-form, if you're interested.
    Thanks for this reference. The difference between this guy and the espn clowns and r/nba nephews is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by johnpagenola View Post
    Thanks for this reference. The difference between this guy and the espn clowns and r/nba nephews is huge.
    You're welcome! As I say, the podcast is really good too, episodes are more like an hour in length though so it's a bit more of a time commitment.

Also worth checking out is this list: https://backpicks.com/2017/12/11/the...bbar%20More%20

It's by the same author, Ben Taylor, and he puts together the list of the best 40 careers in basketball, according to how much each player elevated their teams, or could elevate the average team. It's not about who had the best single year, or the best peak, or anything like that, it's best career. He uses stats, film, and historical context, and it's a fantastic way to learn about players of the past that maybe you didn't get a chance to see as much of, and also to re-evaluate guys whose careers you thought of in a certain way.

I'll give an example: I used to think KG was great, and definitely a top 30 player of all time, but I never had him in my top 10. Since reading this list and the arguments he gives and the breakdowns, as well as reflecting back on the tape from KGs prime, I changed my mind: I now have KG top 10.

Thread Information