Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are fans allowed to the games?

Are fans allowed to the games?

Are fans allowed to the games? Has Mayor Cantrell given the okay? I have not heard anything about ticket sales.

I have the same question. What are those who have season tickets being told? To this point I've heard very little!

Shambles

My question just answered

Allowing 750 fans out of a possible 18K seems pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Allowing 750 fans out of a possible 18K seems pointless.
    Agree!

But, have any of you who are season tickets holders been contacted by your rep about options for this year?

Quote Originally Posted by PelsBeliever View Post
    Agree!

But, have any of you who are season tickets holders been contacted by your rep about options for this year?
    Don’t put any money down unless you are guaranteed a ticket. Otherwise she may just pocket your money.

I heard something about it being mostly suite rentals at first, but maybe those suite ticket holders will be able to walk down into the lower bowl

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Don’t put any money down unless you are guaranteed a ticket. Otherwise she may just pocket your money.
    I think she already has! Ha! I paid my season ticket bill back in the Spring thinking this mess would be over by now. However, I've not heard a word on what options were. Anyway, it will all work out. I was just trying to see if anyone else had been contacted.

If you have not heard anything about your options, you should contact your season ticket rep ASAP. They had an opt out deadline prior to Thanksgiving I think.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    If you have not heard anything about your options, you should contact your season ticket rep ASAP. They had an opt out deadline prior to Thanksgiving I think.
    STH had several options. 1) REFUND 2) Escrow account for 21-22 or 3) they were allowing STH in on a rotational scale. You'd possibly get to see 5-8 games. The rest of the $$$$ would be refunded or you could put it towards 21-22 season. The problem with the rotational is--> They would notify you 2-4 weeks prior , regarding the games that you have been chosen for. They send you the tix..If you cant make those games , TOUGH! You will be charged. AND, there is no guarantee that you will be sitting in your season ticket seats.
    Last edited by Tinman; 12-10-2020 at 12:07 PM.

So the FO put most of the onus on the fans to act or lose their money

Real classy

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    So the FO put most of the onus on the fans to act or lose their money

Real classy
    Trust me, after what they did to Saints STH, because Sean Payton got his feelings hurt, nothing surprises me.

When will the tickets be released ? I’ll be home that weekend for Christmas and I want to catch a pels game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Trust me, after what they did to Saints STH, because Sean Payton got his feelings hurt, nothing surprises me.
    What does Payton have to do with how they handled it?

What does Payton have to do with how they handled it?
    It was Payton who told them to handle it!

It was Payton who told them to handle it!
    Not following. Are you saying Payton told them how many fans to allow at a game or how to handle STHs?

Not following. Are you saying Payton told them how many fans to allow at a game or how to handle STHs?
    No, I’m talking 2019-20 off-season. Payton was so mad because 49ers had so many fans in the plaza for the game, he ordered that any STH that had 8 seats or more and had sold a majority of their tic online were to be stripped of their ST’s. They didn’t notify STH or make any announcement. This is a team that partnered with Seatgeek to sell tix on secondary market. So, when the 49ers had too many fans at the game, it hurt Payton’s feelings & the FO proceeded to secretly screw STH!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    No, I’m talking 2019-20 off-season. Payton was so mad because 49ers had so many fans in the plaza for the game, he ordered that any STH that had 8 seats or more and had sold a majority of their tic online were to be stripped of their ST’s. They didn’t notify STH or make any announcement. This is a team that partnered with Seatgeek to sell tix on secondary market. So, when the 49ers had too many fans at the game, it hurt Payton’s feelings & the FO proceeded to secretly screw STH!
    Seems like a pretty good move by Payton and the Saints to me. Better the tickets go to actual Saints fans than scalpers with no intention of attending games.

Oh, OK. Thanks for the explanation. I was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Seems like a pretty good move by Payton and the Saints to me. Better the tickets go to actual Saints fans than scalpers with no intention of attending games.
    Oh really? When the Saints stunk for 3 yrs and people were dropping tickets left and right, they gave STH, in order of tenure, the opportunity to purchase as many xtra tix as they wanted. I bought 10 for my family & neighbors. My son, since then along w/ 2 neighbors went into th Navy. I kept the tix. My parents are now in their. 70?s and one has COPD. I kept the tix . I hadn?t missed a game in 11yrs . BTW- The Saints ALLOWED/a offered this. And , the $$ I was able to make from ticket sales helps pay for the 6 THOUSAND BUCKS a year to sit in the Smoothie King Center for 30-35 games a year since 2011. It was a childish move. They didn?t call anyone, notify anyone. They had no idea of circumstance. Payton got his feelings hurt and wanted the other little kids to leave his sandbox. SHORTSIGHTED !

Thanks for the info. I really had not received anything. I was able to take care of it today.

Oh really? When the Saints stunk for 3 yrs and people were dropping tickets left and right, they gave STH, in order of tenure, the opportunity to purchase as many xtra tix as they wanted. I bought 10 for my family & neighbors. My son, since then along w/ 2 neighbors went into th Navy. I kept the tix. My parents are now in their. 70?s and one has COPD. I kept the tix . I hadn?t missed a game in 11yrs . BTW- The Saints ALLOWED/a offered this. And , the $$ I was able to make from ticket sales helps pay for the 6 THOUSAND BUCKS a year to sit in the Smoothie King Center for 30-35 games a year since 2011. It was a childish move. They didn?t call anyone, notify anyone. They had no idea of circumstance. Payton got his feelings hurt and wanted the other little kids to leave his sandbox. SHORTSIGHTED !
    Many teams have done this because of the many STHs who buy up tickets to sell on secondary market. I agree they should have notified STHs of the policy before simply cancelling tickets (if that is what they did). I highly doubt it was Payton alone who made that call though. Also, it sounds like you profited off selling Saints tickets which allowed you to subsidize Pelicans tickets. That is not something that they guarantee when selling season tickets, but I am sure was nice while it lasted.

Thanks for the info. I really had not received anything. I was able to take care of it today.
    I had not received anything either until I stumbled across some info from a friend before Thanksgiving.

Did you ask why you hadn't heard from them?

Thread Information