4. TOR
    5. BOS
    6. ATL
    7. IND
    8. ORL
    ----------
    9. PHI
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

Blasphemy! Pels will make the playoffs. That is my story and I'm sticking to it. Also i'd expect GSW to struggle more then anticipated.

I do feel much better than last year squad, but no Summer League.. Little training camp. Very little player chemistry. If we had a full offseason with our coach and staff. I'd be much more on board for a playoff run

I don't think we'll be 6-26 bad.

You have Golden State top 4?

Their roster right now is as follows:

1) Steph Curry coming off an entirely missed year.
    2) Andrew Wiggins, who is Andrew Wiggins.
    3) Draymond Green several years past his best.
    4) Kelly Oubre Jr, who is solid.
    5) James Wiseman, a rookie.
    6) Kevon Looney, who is not very good.
    7) Kent Bazemore.
    8) Brad Wanamaker.
    9) Jordan Poole.
    10) Marquese Chriss.
    11) Damion Lee.
    12) Alen Smailagic.
    13) Mychal Mulder
    14) Juan Toscano-Anderson
    15) Eric Paschall

I don't think that's a top 4 seed in the West roster, personally. Not unless Steph hits the time machine to 2015-16.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    14) Juan Toscano-Anderson
    15) Eric Paschall
    I will not stand for this inconspicuous Eric Paschall slander

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Pelicans roster looks solid. I imagine that SVG will make a significant impact and adding Bledsoe and Adams will add to the chemistry of toughness that we were lacking last year. I do think this season is super important for Lonzo and I expect him to do well. He?s going to have to attack the basket though. My prediction is we make the playoffs.

1. LAKERS
    2. DENVER
    3. CLIPPERS
    4. PORTLAND
    5. MAVS
    6. UTAH
    7. PHX
    8. PELS

Starting 5:
    Bledsoe, Ball, Ingram, Zion, Adams

Backups:
    NAW, Reddick, Hart, Hayes, Melli, hermangomez, Weyman, Kira.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I will not stand for this inconspicuous Eric Paschall slander
    He's bad, folks.

1. Lakers
    2. Clippers
    3. Nuggets
    4. Mavericks
    5. Trailblazers
    6. Suns
    7. Jazz
    8. Rockets

9. Warriors
    10. Pelicans
    11. Grizzlies
    12. Spurs
    13. Kings
    14. Timberwolves
    15. Thunder

Lakers repeat as champions.
    Clippers lose to Lakers in WCF.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Overt View Post
    ESPN?s projected standings:

Bucks | 1 | Lakers
    Raptors |2| Clippers
    Heat |3| Rockets
    76ers |4| Jazz
    Celtics |5| Nuggets
    Nets |6| Mavericks
    Pacers |7| Pelicans
    Hawks |8| Suns

My picks:

West:
    1. LAL
    2. DEN
    3. LAC
    4. GSW
    5. DAL
    6. POR
    7. UTAH
    8. PHO
    ---------------
    9. NOP
    10. HOU

East:
    1. MIL
    2. MIA
    3. BRO
    4. TOR
    5. BOS
    6. ATL
    7. IND
    8. ORL
    ----------
    9. PHI
    Philly missing, oh dear

Ooooph. Prediction time, already. I'm trying to keep my expectations tempered.

Did the Rockets do something awesome I missed or are we predicting the resurrection of John Wall?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

If James Harden is happy they're making the playoffs. Why would things change

Theoretically considering the acquisition of Adams and the fact that we decided to swap for Bledsoe rather than go full rebuild, we should be a big contender for that 7th/8th seed. What it will come down to is defensive improvement and the cutdown on turnovers. The only contemporaries I really see improving (PHO/POR/MEM/etc.) are Phoenix and Memphis. Ja will have another year under his belt and so will Booker and co. under Monty. OKC lost Paul and Portland are a tossup after last year.

Zion/Jax/NAW adding another year of experience which will be vital. Also can’t count out the depth that Kira can potentially add. How quick will this new coaching staff hit the ground running? When it is all said and done, we are stacked with talent and veteran presence. It is ours to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Theoretically considering the acquisition of Adams and the fact that we decided to swap for Bledsoe rather than go full rebuild, we should be a big contender for that 7th/8th seed. What it will come down to is defensive improvement and the cutdown on turnovers. The only contemporaries I really see improving (PHO/POR/MEM/etc.) are Phoenix and Memphis. Ja will have another year under his belt and so will Booker and co. under Monty. OKC lost Paul and Portland are a tossup after last year.

Zion/Jax/NAW adding another year of experience which will be vital. Also can’t count out the depth that Kira can potentially add. How quick will this new coaching staff hit the ground running? When it is all said and done, we are stacked with talent and veteran presence. It is ours to lose.
    I think Portland actually had a pretty decent off-season.

They added Robert Covington, who fills a niche they've desperately needed for a long time: a high tier defensive wing. Then they resigned Rodney Hood, added Derrick Jones Jr who isn't a great player but is an actual NBA bench piece, something they've lacked in general for a while now, and while they lost Whiteside, he was a liability in many playoff situations anyway and Nurkic is one year further removed from injury iirc, so should be ready to see some higher minutes. Don't be surprised if they're a little better than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think Portland actually had a pretty decent off-season.

They added Robert Covington, who fills a niche they've desperately needed for a long time: a high tier defensive wing. Then they resigned Rodney Hood, added Derrick Jones Jr who isn't a great player but is an actual NBA bench piece, something they've lacked in general for a while now, and while they lost Whiteside, he was a liability in many playoff situations anyway and Nurkic is one year further removed from injury iirc, so should be ready to see some higher minutes. Don't be surprised if they're a little better than last year.
    A healthy Nurkic was a big miss to be fair. I’m curious to see if he and the added wings are enough to offset the loss of Whiteside. It will be hard for them to look worse than they did last year

Bucks |1| Lakers
    Heat |2| Clippers
    Raptors |3| Nuggets
    Nets |4| Mavericks
    Celtics |5| Rockets
    Pacers |6| Pelicans
    76ers |7| Jazz
    Hawks |8| Suns

1. Bucks: (Best Triumvirate in the East since Wade / Bosh / James)
    2. Heat: (Best Coaching in the East; the 4 spot is 'iffy' (Precious might fill it) but rest of team is 'team' solid and two /three deep)
    3. 76er's: (When Embyd and Howard are on the court together, they will dwarf NOLA's Adams / Williams Duo; will Thybulle ever live up to press clippings?; Very interested in Curry effect)
    4. Celtics: (Not as good as 2019/20; don't be fooled, they will miss Hayward; Teague should fill in nicely for injured Walker though)
    5. Raptors: (There will be, for good or bad, the Tampa effect to consider; the oft-injured Baynes is no replacement for M Gasol ; Ibaka)
    6. Hawks: (Admittedly, big John Collins fan here...vastly underrated; Okongwu will be a perennial All Star; Never underestimate Rondo effect...we know that; Gallinari / Bagdonovic acquisitions will open court for big men to feast )
    7. Pacers: (The Pacers will compete well in the East...always do; Look for Aaron Holiday to have breakout season; Oladipo (played less 60 games in last two years) most overrated player in NBA)
    8. Wizards: (Originally penciled in Nets...Westbrook replacing a non-playing Wall changes matters; I love their last two lottery picks (Hachimura / Advija))

Regarding Nets.....not a lot of off season splash to write home about this off-season and who knows what KD brings to the table and for how long

The Rest:

9: Nets
    10: Magic
    11: Bulls
    13: Hornets
    14: Cavs
    15: Pistons

West to Come

Basketball Guru
    i dont think the suns make the playoffs..yes they have cp3 running the show but people are picking them mostly because of what they did in the bubble...if im correct, the run the suns went on was against teams that didnt play their main starters or played them for a couple of mins....i dont count that run as something big in the bubble...

those are not d'antoni rockets who were getting the top seeds by out scoring teams....harden wants out...so this my first time saying houston wont make the playoffs.....

1 Lakers - they have gotten even better
    2. Clippers - I like them better with Ibaka, but still not a huge fan of a Reggie Jackson & Pat Beverley point guard combo. They should of upgraded that position
    3. Mavs - I think they have gotten better with Josh Richardson, James Johnson, and rookie Josh Green.
    4. Nuggets - I think they have gotten worse losing Jerami Grant & Mason Plumlee.
    5. Blazers - they have gotten better with Robert Covington to guard those great wings which was something they didn’t have last year. They also brought in Derrick Jones Jr, Enes Kanter, and Harry Giles. Brought back Rodney Hood who was hurt all last year as well as Melo. They have gotten better and maybe even better than Denver.
    6. This is where I have no idea and we could possibly be this high. The Jazz, Warriors, Suns, Rockets, Grizzlies, and us look to be fighting for the rest of the playoff spots

Thread Information