Pelicans Report

Thread: Griffin comments on Zion

Griffin comments on Zion

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...iamson-show-up

"Once he gets to the point where he's healthy enough to play his game, play with the ball more, play more as a slasher and less as a post-up presence, I think you're going to see the real Zion come to the floor," Pelicans executive vice president of basketball operations David Griffin told reporters Monday.

I found this interesting. 1st I agree about Zion not being forced into playing the 4 or even worse 5. My only question is what's up with the comment about Williamson's health. If he wasn't healthy enough to play his game why was he playing at all.

I think he's speaking on the restrictions that Zion faced when he returned. He wasn't unhealthy in that there wasn't a chance of reinjury, but he was unhealthy in that he still hadn't regained lower body strength, stamina, fitness, etc.

If there was a chance of reinjury, he wouldn't have been on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I think he's speaking on the restrictions that Zion faced when he returned. He wasn't unhealthy in that there wasn't a chance of reinjury, but he was unhealthy in that he still hadn't regained lower body strength, stamina, fitness, etc.

If there was a chance of reinjury, he wouldn't have been on the floor.
    He was playing fantastic and looked in amazing shape before the restart. He was really a highlight machine and his defense had flashes.

So, I'm pretty hyped.

All I needed to hear from Griff. He gets it

Unleash him!

Thread Information