Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Adams signs 2 year extension 35mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yep, plus the length of time someone is on the market technically means very little. AD requested his trade in January but wasn't moved until June: does that mean that because he was technically on the market for 6 months without being moved, nobody was interested and therefore the Lakers overpaid? Or were there other factors that changed the timeline, and actually the Lakers did just fine, perhaps.
    AD nominated Lakers from day dot. Even if not externally, definitely internally.

I actually think we raped LA considering

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    What does the extension have to do with the acquisition price? Once we've got him, it has nothing to do with how OKC paid him prior. We're in full control of the asset now. We choose how to pay him going forwards.

OKC have been trying to dump him for 18 months with no luck. That is what counts with trade negotiations re acquiring him and determining value. If you have a house on the market for 18 months the value tanks big time. Plus you actually need suitors in the first place.

You're the nth person who can't comprehend this. It doesn't mean the value of the next contract.

Why did I even have to post this?
    I guess because you like to find the negative in things? The acquisition price was small in the short term and long term. If you look at variables such as injury history it is steal. We just locked up one of the most consistent factors you can in an equation of variables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    What does the extension have to do with the acquisition price? Once we've got him, it has nothing to do with how OKC paid him prior. We're in full control of the asset now. We choose how to pay him going forwards.

OKC have been trying to dump him for 18 months with no luck. That is what counts with trade negotiations re acquiring him and determining value. If you have a house on the market for 18 months the value tanks big time. Plus you actually need suitors in the first place.

You're the nth person who can't comprehend this. It doesn't mean the value of the next contract.

Why did I even have to post this?
    Do you know what they were asking for those 18 months? I just don't even see how it's relevant.

AD nominated Lakers from day dot. Even if not externally, definitely internally.
    Sure but that's my exact point. We don't know what internal factors there may have been that contributed towards the time delay between Adams being ''available'' and eventually being moved. Maybe the only teams that were interested in him were good teams that therefore had no assets that OKC wanted? Maybe there were good opportunities available to move him but Adams wanted to go somewhere that was willing to extend him and OKC was happy to facilitate that due to a positive relationship with him. Any number of things could have happened: according to some, Jrue went on the market a year ago too, and that market never died down. He was associated with everyone in the league before going to somewhere out of the blue.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Do you know what they were asking for those 18 months? I just don't even see how it's relevant.
    People way more connected/intelligent than me have expressed that it's an overpay

Anyway, I'm tired of arguing about it now

Thread Information