Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans want Steven Adams

Steven Adam was literally the best available 5 on the block.

Bledsoe
    ???
    Brandon
    Zion
    Adams

They could easily fight for the 8th seed. Just a way more balanced starting line up.

Or we can tank for Jalen Green

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Steven Adam was literally the best available 5 on the block.

Bledsoe
    ???
    Brandon
    Zion
    Adams

They could easily fight for the 8th seed. Just a way more balanced starting line up.

Or we can tank for Jalen Green
    If you tank you better have your sights set higher than Jalen Green.

Cade Cunningham or bust.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Cade Cunningham or bust.
    I'm 100% confident that OKC is gang busting all these picks to get a 1st overall superstar.

I think Bledsoe is gonna be used either as the starter or the backup. He is a veteran point guard and that?s what we really need if we want to make a playoff run. They will probably use Kira like we did with the Hayes & NAW last year, which is not a whole lot especially early on. I don’t think SVG likes to use rookie guards early on. He barely played JJ Redick during his rookie year

It sounds like he’s in the team’s plans this year

C: Adams, Hayes
    PF: Zion, Melli
    SF: BI, Hart
    SG: JJ, NAW
    PG: Lonzo, Bledsoe, Kira

Maybe we bring back Moore on the cheap? Or we bring in a true small forward to backup BI. A veteran with playoff experience would be ideal since we have a point guard, shooting guard, and center with playoff experience.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 11-21-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Good to see you again! I thought you became a lakers fan already lol

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I think Bledsoe is gonna be used either as the starter or the backup.

...yes

I think Bledsoe is gonna be used either as the starter or the backup. He is a veteran point guard and that?s what we really need if we want to make a playoff run. They will probably use Kira like we did with the Hayes & NAW last year, which is not a whole lot especially early on. I don’t think SVG likes to use rookie guards early on. He barely played JJ Redick during his rookie year
    Bledsoe is starting if he stays. He could also be a good mentor for whoever and he is a solid player. He should have gone in the Adams deal though if we were parting ways with a pick.

Bledsoe is not a catch and shoot guy. Actually one of the worst in the league. So, I definitely seeing stay at Point. I'd let Lewis run the 2nd unit.

We really need to make some more moves and solidify the 2 spot with someone capable and find better wing depth.

Pelicans want Steven Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Bledsoe is not a catch and shoot guy. Actually one of the worst in the league. So, I definitely seeing stay at Point. I'd let Lewis run the 2nd unit.

We really need to make some more moves and solidify the 2 spot with someone capable and find better wing depth.
    Isn?t SVG quoted as saying he sees Ball at the 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post

That is almost assuredly what is happening at this point. Unless we part ways with even more picks, we don’t have much firepower to make a trade. We shouldn’t be wasting picks unless we plan on getting a big one. To be fair, Steven Adams is a very good pickup despite my disapproval of the deal.

Not quite. He's been quoted as saying this:

I think sometimes we get too focused on what guys can't do. [Lonzo Ball] has a nice package of skills. They've got other ball handling parts and pieces. He does not need to facilitate everything in the half court. [...] A hybrid role.
    That was on The Lowe Post podcast. That's not really ''he's going to play the 2'', it's more ''he doesn't need to be on-ball all the time'' which is very true. He should be used as a wing in halfcourt offenses.

Bobby marks said it best, although i would rephrase the top 8 in the west thing to having a chance to be in the playoffs...

New Orleans got Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, 3 1's, 2 pick swaps and are still a top 8 team in the West.

Nice job of retooling the roster post Jrue Holiday without taking a major step back

Ball can catch and shoot and be better suited for off ball defense. His FT did improve about 15%. But I don't think his finishing ability would make him a good option. He is essentially best role is a perimeter player. I don't think you want a 2 to be that one dimensional. It already felt like 4 on 5 basketball with him on the court at the facilitator role.

Maybe he can keep improving, but I don't see it. Possibly better as a wing.
    Last edited by Taker597; 11-21-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Bobby marks said it best, although i would rephrase the top 8 in the west thing to having a chance to be in the playoffs...

New Orleans got Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, 3 1's, 2 pick swaps and are still a top 8 team in the West.

Nice job of retooling the roster post Jrue Holiday without taking a major step back
    2 1st. One went to Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post

Playoffs all depends on Zion. If Zion had been healthy all of last season and hadn’t fallen behind by half a year, we would very likely have been in the playoffs. How strong will the 8th seed be this year? It was very weak last year. That is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Whoa. I know it's a few pages late.....but did you just bust out a Wiggles reference?! This is my escape from six kids!!! Lol

Mmmm, horrendous spacing

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Mmmm, horrendous spacing
    lol
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Man. I am a homer and eternally optimistic about my teams. But I'm starting to get an inkling of "what if this WAS the missing piece"?

Let's make this argument. Take the 1 In 4 Out offense SVG likes to implement. Adams is really perfect at that. I pulled this reel up Dae posted way back on page 2 or 3 to emphasize that but the 1 In position is essentially a big quarterback that sits in the center of the offense. Adams would be outstanding in that role. We don't like it at first because we always envisioned Zion there....but Adams really fits there better and Zion would be just as effective cutting in or shooting as one of the 4 out.

His screens and PnR play are pretty great, as well. More staples of that role in the SVG offense. He doesn't block as much as the past SVG defensive Cs but he does everything else.

I love Adams' passing so much. While not in that elite echelon of passing bigs, he's very functional and makes passes like these fairly often. He uses his height well to see over defenses and has a knack for finding cutters. Something I like about his passing a lot is that he tends to really put snap on them, whipping these bounce passes really accurately, and as demonstrated on a couple of these clips, he also anticipates movement really well. There aren't that many bigs who will happily throw a pass to an empty space knowing that the cutter will be there later, but Adams does it.
    At the very least, he can show Jax and Zion how to lay this role down. Give them a great example of how to proceed in the future. But I'm wondering if there's more meant out if this guy. A win-win scenario whether he goes or stays.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 11-21-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Something I would disagree with is that I never really saw Zion as being a sort of ''a big quarterback that sits in the centre'', I always saw him as being a more on-ball slasher and facilitator, playmaking in motion in the Lebron James/Giannis style (not precisely the same because they're different players, but you get the idea). I never had any interest in the idea of parking Zion in the low post and trying to make him pass out like Marc Gasol.

Cade Cunningham or bust.
    I think I would take Jalen Green, but you can’t miss with either one IMO.

Edited: deleted, came off as me being a bit mean, and kind of a derailing discussion anyway.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 11-21-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Basketball Guru
    i wanted us to go after adams 2 or 3 years ago to play center for AD.....glad he is on the team now plus i dont have to watch our starting center get bullied around this season......adams is a beast and will add toughness to the team....

I think Adams is a very good player to this year and clean near 28 millions to next season. We should take a look to the 2021-22 free agency.

So far:

C: S. Adams/ J. Hayes
    PF: Zion/ Melli
    SF: B. Ingram/ J. Hart
    SG: E. Bledsoe/J.J. Reddick
    PG: L. Ball/K. Lewis/N. Alexander-Walker
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

Something I would disagree with is that I never really saw Zion as being a sort of ''a big quarterback that sits in the centre'', I always saw him as being a more on-ball slasher and facilitator, playmaking in motion in the Lebron James/Giannis style (not precisely the same because they're different players, but you get the idea). I never had any interest in the idea of parking Zion in the low post and trying to make him pass out like Marc Gasol.
    Exactly. Zion is too quick to be stationed in the post. He is a rarity. A big that can drive like a guard. If we can prevent him from getting double teamed all of the time like last year, he will be so difficult to stop.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Do we get bird rights and what would you peg the likelihood of signing him long-term if he fits well?

Thread Information