Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans want Steven Adams

Pelicans want Steven Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    As part of four-team Steven Adams trade, Thunder also receive George Hill, Darius Miller, 2023 Denver protected first-round pick and second-round picks in 2023 (via Charlotte) and 2024 (via Washington), sources tell ESPN.? Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) November 21, 2020

Trade details.

George Hill and Miller go out the door to make up the salary balance. Second rounders also.
    Woah i had hoped for this same scenario to in the official 2020 draft thread. Maybe Griff reads the board lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I’m glad they shored up the position with a true anchor instead going with a bunch of scrubs who can’t be relied on consistently enough to make a difference.

One more hitch. Something yet to drop.
    I’d be upset if Reddick went. Hopefully 3twaunn does a sign and trade. Reddick still has value too

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I’d be upset if Reddick went. Hopefully 3twaunn does a sign and trade. Reddick still has value too
    NAW would do it as well. Mason was just listing options rather than order of priority, I think.
    Basketball.

Is Iggy still on the Heat? It shows he had another year at $15 million. I would trade Bledsoe to them for him. I know he?s pretty much done, but could be a valuable veteran cheerleader that could come in handy if we made the playoffs

But OKC is losing $28 million and taking on nothing right??

Oh George Hill’s 9 mil and Miller’s whatever

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Is Iggy still on the Heat? It shows he had another year at $15 million. I would trade Bledsoe to them for him. I know he?s pretty much done, but could be a valuable veteran cheerleader that could come in handy if we made the playoffs
    No interest in that at all. For all the Bledsoe isn't perfect, he can still go for 30 minutes a night and provide value on both ends. Iggy is, as you say, pretty much done: he's a cheerleader at best in the regular season, who has to have his minutes saved.

You get rid of Bledsoe and, with Hill having just gone, we move from too many guards to not enough: You're then relying on Ball/Kira/Redick as your central three guards (yes we have Hart, we use him as a wing) and none of those are going to be starter calibre point guards this year imo

But OKC is losing $28 million and taking on nothing right??

Oh George Hill’s 9 mil and Miller’s whatever
    Miller's $7m

I don’t think there is anyway we lose Redick, Lonzo, NAW, or even Melli. They gonna make it work without giving up one of those guys

Miller's $7m
    Yes I was too lazy to look it up lol

yea from our perspective we just gave a first round choice to pay Adams a 1 year 18 million dollar contract (assuming Hill is deadweight, which he isnt)

Miller coulda been waived for free

I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    yea from our perspective we just gave a first round choice to pay Adams a 1 year 18 million dollar contract (assuming Hill is deadweight, which he isnt)

I don't get it.
    People desperately need to understand that the Denver 2023 FRP is not likely to be worth much at all. Like, at all.

I don’t think there is anyway we lose Redick, Lonzo, NAW, or even Melli. They gonna make it work without giving up one of those guys
    They can't. We have to be sending out at least a few million more, and when you look at who we have left on the roster, we definitely know who it won't be. Not gonna be Zion. Frank/Okafor/Moore/Kenrich all gone. Gotta bite the bullet and pick someone.

I don't see it being Redick or Jax. So it's Lonzo, NAW, or Melli: I get the feeling Melli is the most likely candidate, even if I'd rather keep him over someone like Lonzo.

People desperately need to understand that the Denver 2023 FRP is not likely to be worth much at all. Like, at all.
    well it was worth 24, and that's still too much here.

Adams is really going to have to pay off for this to be worth.

At least in Favors case we only gave up 2nds.

well it was worth 24, and that's still too much here.
    Completely disagree. You trade the 24th pick for a starter calibre player every day of the week.

Completely disagree. You trade the 24th pick for a starter calibre player every day of the week.
    that's way too black and white a take.

Hopefully its melli and not naw going out... naw at least has some upside left and can play the 1 and 2 spot...

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Hopefully its melli and not naw going out... naw at least has some upside left and can play the 1 and 2 spot...
    agreed Pakwan, good to see you btw.

Would need to use the MLE or something to address the forward spot after though.

that's way too black and white a take.
    And yet, in this context, I think it's correct.

No interest in that at all. For all the Bledsoe isn't perfect, he can still go for 30 minutes a night and provide value on both ends. Iggy is, as you say, pretty much done: he's a cheerleader at best in the regular season, who has to have his minutes saved.

You get rid of Bledsoe and, with Hill having just gone, we move from too many guards to not enough: You're then relying on Ball/Kira/Redick as your central three guards (yes we have Hart, we use him as a wing) and none of those are going to be starter calibre point guards this year imo
    I want a veteran that gives me some leadership value that won’t get too many minutes cause I want Lonzo, Kira, JJ, Hart, and NAW getting those guard minutes. I especially don’t want a point guard taking those minutes from Lonzo, Kira, and possibly NAW. George Hill was perfect cause I think he could of played some off ball and provided that veteran leadership we need from the point guard position. I don’t see Bledsoe doing that, but if you gonna spend $15 million I guess they have to contribute to an extent lol. And mainly I want that $15 million coming off the books next year if we have to keep it for this year
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 11-21-2020 at 09:45 AM.

agreed Pakwan, good to see you btw.

Would need to use the MLE or something to address the forward spot after though.
    Wait, is this the pelifan in realgm? 0_0

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Wait, is this the pelifan in realgm? 0_0

I want a veteran that gives me some leadership value that won’t get too many minutes cause I want Lonzo, Kira, JJ, Hart, and NAW getting those guard minutes. I especially don’t want a point guard taking those minutes from Lonzo, Kira, and possibly NAW. George Hill was perfect cause I think he could of played some off ball and provided that veteran leadership we need from the point guard position. I don’t see Bledsoe doing that, but if you gonna spend $15 million I guess they have to contribute to an extent lol
    Yeah I am not personally a big fan of spending big money on guys whose only contribution is ''they're gonna wave a lot of towels on the bench''.

I suppose my view is a bit different on the whole ''PG taking minutes'' thing because the way I see it, Kira isn't really to play 36mpg as a starter right now, even if I do think he should be getting real rotation minutes, and I want Lonzo traded. So I don't care if something costs Lonzo some minutes.

really wish they would have took bledsoe instead of hill
    SIGN A SF

Thread Information