Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans want Steven Adams

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    I like the move the more I think about it. We're filling an immediate need, obtaining a quality player, veteran, and culture setter, and his contract not only gives us maximum financial flexibility moving into next year, but puts in a position to more easily trade for a star this year if one becomes available for trade.
    We're not bloated with salary, don't think it makes it that much easier really

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    After dealing with Dell? I'll wait however long it takes to develop. It's crazy, the other day I took a look at our draft pick history and I noticed before Zion, the last original picks(our own)that we kept and developed were AD, Austin River and Darius Miller(2012). Of course they were trades since etc., but how many of those worked out or stayed long? I can wait lol
    And Buddy Hield

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Trade details.

George Hill and Miller go out the door to make up the salary balance. Second rounders also.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Lol

I also want to note how funny it is that people see Steven Adams as being old when he's 27. He's like 15 months older than Giannis or something, and Giannis is a ''young'' superstar to most people. I get that he's been in the league for what feels like forever but he's not that old!
    I'll admit I thought Adams was in his 40s. Seems like he's been in the league forever but wow... 27. I can't remember being 27.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    And Buddy Hield
    Yeah him too, but he only played for a season and half. Then he went to Sac-town for Booger. I mean Boogie Cousins.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

So is our roster currently this, or am I missing something:

PG: Eric Bledsoe, Lonzo Ball, Kira Lewis
    SG: JJ Redick, NAW
    SF: -----------------
    PF: Zion Williamson, Nicolo Melli
    C: Steven Adams, Jaxson Hayes

?

I put nothing in the SF section because Kenrich was let go and we haven't officially re-signed Ingram yet, although we all expect that max to happen soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    How is he not a perfect fit? Who doesn't need a guy who does the ugly work in the paint and on the boards?
    And even if it doesn't work out we have a VERY valuable $28 million expiring contract that we can flip.

Woj just said on ESPN2 that OKC will get a couple 2nd round picks too. Guessing from us, but the deal does involve two other teams. That deal is crazy. He also said Adams is one of the most well liked players in OKC history. He?s gonna be a fan favorite from the day one

The flip flopping is so frustrating.

Dell moves picks all the time to get ''young vets'', the board is mad.

Griff starts collecting picks for the future rather than using them all or prioritising other assets, board gets mad.

Griff moves one late-first rounder from years in the future that isn't even ours to acquire a really good player, board gets mad.

You want him to stock up on picks or not? What's the goal here.
    People just like to b!tch if its not the move THEY would make.

Trade details.

George Hill and Miller go out the door to make up the salary balance. Second rounders also.
    Not a huge fan of including Hill and keeping Bledsoe from a value standpoint. OKC takes back expirings and effectively another first in Hill without absorbing any bad contracts. There's probably more to come I would think.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

?

I put nothing in the SF section because Kenrich was let go and we haven't officially re-signed Ingram yet, although we all expect that max to happen soon enough.
    Josh Hart

One more hitch. Something yet to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Josh Hart
    Ah yep, you are right! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Not a huge fan of including Hill and keeping Bledsoe from a value standpoint. OKC takes back expirings and effectively another first in Hill without absorbing any bad contracts.
    What? No George Hill? I thought Lonzo, Kira, & NAW could of used a vet like him to learn from. I wanted to keep him and ship out Bledsoe too
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 11-21-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar

?

Josh Hart. Also Ingram is a foregone conclusion. It's safe to put him in there.

Edit: someone beat me to Josh Hart. Who knew the posts on PelsReport would be flying in so quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Woj just said on ESPN2 that OKC will get a couple 2nd round picks too. Guessing from us, but the deal does involve two other teams. That deal is crazy. He also said Adams is one of the most well liked players in OKC history. He?s gonna be a fan favorite from the day one
    Isn't that just the two second rounders they were getting already? Or are OKC getting 4 seconds from us now?

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Josh Hart. Also Ingram is a foregone conclusion. It's safe to put him in there.
    I know it's safe. I said that in the post. I just was only trying to list guys who are 100% officially signed-on-the-line under contract. Ingram isn't that yet: we all know he will be soon, but he's not yet.

?

No, I think Bledsoe plays SG which makes sense.

PG: Ball/Lewis/NAW
    SG: Bledsoe/Redick
    SF: Ingram/Hart
    PF: Zion/Melli
    C: Adams/Hayes

And we still have the MLE and BAE to add depth.

Isn't that just the two second rounders they were getting already? Or are OKC getting 4 seconds from us now?
    Still just the original 2, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    No, I think Bledsoe plays SG which makes sense.

PG: Ball/Lewis/NAW
    SG: Bledsoe/Redick
    SF: Ingram/Hart
    PF: Zion/Melli
    C: Adams/Hayes

And we still have the MLE and BAE to add depth.
    Eh, Bledsoe has played PG in most places he's been to.

Ingram isn't under contract yet, hence why I didn't list him.

I know we have ways to add more guys, that's not the worry. I was just asking to make sure I hadn't missed anything going through.

looks worse now that we're keeping Bledsoe.

~10 million in cap relief and some 2nds really should have been the only incentive needed here.

we must have valued bledsoe or something, otherwise that's not good negotiating.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Hmm I'm glad one of Hill or Bledsoe is gone, but I sort of wanted Hill due to his shooting. Bledsoe on the other hand, if he stays that'll make sense, since he is basically is Jrue light.

Wake up Jeff!!!!!

I mean Mac
    Whoa. I know it's a few pages late.....but did you just bust out a Wiggles reference?! This is my escape from six kids!!! Lol
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

So Bledsoe isn?t even moving... I say this as one of biggest fans in the Steven Adam?s fan club (I advocated picking him over Alex Len in that draft) I don?t like this deal. We are essentially moving expirings and picks to pick up an expiring that we aren?t even positive we want to re-sign.

Having said that, I love Adams. We needed a grock big and Adams is a top grock and one of my favorite players. I like it from that perspective. At least we should be competitive.

Thread Information