Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans want Steven Adams

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Why would this extended period now have any bearing on his position after the season finishes?
    If we put a good team together we would have Adam’s bird rights and Adams would have more incentive to stay. If we have a mediocre team, by seasons end we might not even consider signing him to an extension. So it would be a rental

A fair assessment of things, JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Melli shoot better than Saric? No way. Saric shot 35.7% from 3 compared to Melli?s 33.5% while taking 29 more 3s. Saric also averaged 10.7 ppg. He would be an upgrade to Melli without a doubt, but also cost more. He?s also 3 years younger with a ton more experience

I wonder if the real Niko can be lured back to the NBA?
    This will be an interesting year for Melli. I mean, he's a much better shooter than 33%, right? I'm betting the addition of Adams and a different system will play into his strengths and we see him bounce back.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I don?t understand how anyone doesn?t like this move. We didn?t give up any significant assets for a top 5 center in the league for a new coach who uses a more traditional in the paint center. It was a no brainer for me to take advantage of a team having a fire sale of solid players who were just in the playoffs. He also gives us veteran leadership in his prime as opposed to Hill who is close to retirement. Talk about complaining about getting wet picking up a $20 bill in rain puddle. Geez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    I like but don’t like the price tag. 29 million is a chunk, I know it’s for a year but it’s a lot. I think he’s an upgrade for favors so that’s good plus we need a bruiser for when we play big centers or matchup purposes. Now we Need a stretch big for late game and when we’re coming from behind. Melli could be that guy but like another one.

Obviously looking at it from an all numbers perspective is what is important. However, if you think about the entertainment value of being able to watch Adams play and beat up opponents for 72 games or whatever is worth every penny. I for one can't wait to see the fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I don?t understand how anyone doesn?t like this move. We didn?t give up any significant assets for a top 5 center in the league for a new coach who uses a more traditional in the paint center. It was a no brainer for me to take advantage of a team having a fire sale of solid players who were just in the playoffs. He also gives us veteran leadership in his prime as opposed to Hill who is close to retirement. Talk about complaining about getting wet picking up a $20 bill in rain puddle. Geez.

There's a big opportunity cost you need to be aware of with flow on effects. These can compound for the better or the worse

In a vaccuum it's ok

There's a big opportunity cost you need to be aware of
    If we are low key tanking. I'm cool with it. If we extend Adams at a NOT 2016 price. I'll love it.

I van understand the weariness after getting scammed by Favors.

There's a big opportunity cost you need to be aware of
    Please explain. We missed out on overpriced role players waiting for the trade to get finalized. I think that?s a good thing.

If you are talking about whether Stevens extends then maybe i see your point of view. It was a gamble. However i don?t think of it is as high risk:

Worst Case: You get viewers and fans for entertainment value and mentor for Hayes and others.

Best Case is worst case with wins, one of the best defenses in the leauge, and your Center position being shored up for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    If we are low key tanking. I'm cool with it. If we extend Adams at a NOT 2016 price. I'll love it.

I van understand the weariness after getting scammed by Favors.
    Favors is and has never been same type of player. Adams is a true Rim protecting, rebounding, screen setting center. He will never be confused as a small ball player which is what we need. The trends of small ball and traditional center will always flip flop.

Favors is and has never been same type of player. Adams is a true Rim protecting, rebounding, screen setting center. He will never be confused as a small ball player which is what we need. The trends of small ball and traditional center will always flip flop.

I love Steven. We need fiery culture guy like him. The team is just too yoing and soft.

Yet, you can't establish that with one off year dudes. You have to extend them and build culture over time.

Pelicans want Steven Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I love Steven. We need fiery culture guy like him. The team is just too yoing and soft.

Yet, you can't establish that with one off year dudes. You have to extend them and build culture over time.
    True. I?m all for extending him. I think he will but I wouldn?t expect him to do it now.

Reason being is because i think the market is trending more towards his skillset being in demand. Once the Lakers come back down to earth, I expect more traditional bigs to dominate the market. I?m sure Adams is seeing that and will wait to see how this year plays out.

Even the team that started the small ball dominance went all in on a traditional big in the draft. All signs point to a big payday for Adams.

Last edited by Sleeper; 11-22-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Please explain. We missed out on overpriced role players waiting for the trade to get finalized. I think that?s a good thing.

If you are talking about whether Stevens extends then maybe i see your point of view. It was a gamble. However i don?t think of it is as high risk:

Worst Case: You get viewers and fans for entertainment value and mentor for Hayes and others.

Best Case is worst case with wins, one of the best defenses in the leauge, and your Center position being shored up for years.

Adams is making 4x the money Baynes is, plus he cost Hill, a first, and two seconds. Also we won't use the MLE because of his huge deal, just for example

Adams is making 4x the money Baynes is, plus he cost Hill, a first, and two seconds. Also we won't use the MLE because of his huge deal, just for example
    Baynes is mediocre at what he does and Adams is great at his role. That?s why he is paid more.

Good. That means we didn?t waste money in an insane overpriced market.

And IMO Adams is 5x the player Baynes is

And IMO Adams is 5x the player Baynes is
    So you would be ok with him signing a pretty big money next contract and tieing up a lot of money at the 5 then

We also sent too many picks for Adams considering what is we gave up. That Celevand pick will be no later than 35 in a very good draft. Very likely Washington is there too
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-22-2020 at 07:37 PM.

Please, lord, don't let Zion and Adams injure each other going for the same rebound. These are two monsters.

Adams is a great mentor for Jax, great guy, great contract, the right mentality, does a million things that don't show up in the box score, guys. Very good pickup.

Now need a 2-way lock-down sniper.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    Please, lord, don't let Zion and Adams injure each other going for the same rebound. These are two monsters.

Adams is a great mentor for Jax, great guy, great contract, the right mentality, does a million things that don't show up in the box score, guys. Very good pickup.

Now need a 2-way lock-down sniper.
    That's a lot to ask for us to just find when we're now in "get what's affordable" point of the offseason. You'll likely settle for someone who can do at best one of those things slightly above average.

Sorry, but Don’t know how to embed tweets lol.

From Ahmed Nahmad (one of the most respected cap enthusiasts)

“The story lives on with questions… I believe Kenrich Williams got more than his minimum (I’ve explained why below). If so, he was subject to BYC, and thus can’t be traded until 3/3 (the equivalent of the normal 1/15).”

“Let’s take Kenrich Williams... He was an EB free agent. He earned $1.4M last year. So, if NOP signed him for $1.6M (min), BYC wouldn’t apply; he would count $1.6M. If NOP signed him for, say, $2.0M, BYC would apply (raise >20%); he would’ve counted $1.4M.”

And

“This trade vaults right up there with my favorites… It relied upon so many different cap rules to execute (and, if – big if – I’m correct, it may have exposed an oddity in the language of the CBA that I humbly believe may not have been intended). The end..”

It’s a done deal I believe so it doesn’t matter, but we have gotten one by the NBA lol. He got a ton of tweets about this trade, so look him up on Twitter
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 11-22-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Can you link his Twitter please?

Found him. You spelled his name wrong

Worrying about picks 3 years from now. We won't even know if that player is any good till about 6 years from now. Aslong we got a pick. We are fine. Those late years picks and swaps with Bucks are way more valuable. Especially, the longer he holds off on signing the Super Max with the Bucks.

Thought this was funny from Bobby Marks ESPN NBA front office insider

“Winners of the Milwaukee/New Orleans/OKC trade are Kenrich Williams, Zylan Cheatham and Josh Gray

The three will split the Keith Bogans trophy awarded to a player whose salary is needed to make the money work.

3 year contracts for each with the first year guaranteed.”

Another tweet from him about us

“New Orleans is one of the few teams that have both exceptions available and roster spots open.

Projected $6M below the tax if you factor in a lucrative contract for Brandon Ingram.”

That was before Hernangomez though I believe
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 11-22-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Albert Nahmad
    @AlbertNahmad

On Twitter

Albert Nahmad
    @AlbertNahmad

On Twitter
    Thanks. Do you know exactly which second rounders we sent to OKC?

Thread Information