Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Zion's family wants Zion traded

Zion's family wants Zion traded

Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-17-2021 at 11:04 AM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Oh, NOW this is more than just speculation....
    @mcnamara247

If this is the fuel that got Can’t Gundy fired, then I don’t see him here long term anyway.

Land a superstar talent, can’t keep them happy, super star leaves.

#pelslife

Where did you see this?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Never fails. They should move the team so I’d stop wanting to care.

The thing is, this isn’t just “the NBA markets players over teams, and that’s why small markets can’t win.” Because that isn’t the case here. Small market teams can win and be viable, crap organizations in small markets can’t win because they are poorly run. Zion/AD/CP3/Baron/etc, these guys would be fine if we were winning like Utah, Milwaukee, SA, Denver, etc.

Poorly run being the key words. Griffin is a joke in whatever capacity he is in and was not the right hire.

Really don’t care what his family wants. We’re gonna sign Lee (a good new school coach used to using their PF in Giannis as a PG like we do Zion)

Griff will make a splash in free agency or trades because he knows he’s on the hot seat and if we don’t make the playoffs this year he’s done.

We’re gonna trade every draft pick we have lol

Trade him for anthony davis..........

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Trade him for anthony davis..........
    Pass, that guy is always hurt. The Lakers would have to attach picks which we currently own.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If true, maybe Gayle needs to can Griffin and restart this whole thing.

Although to be honest, I am getting sick of Zion's family. His mom talked about how demanding she was when Zion was training, yet they are upset that SVG was too demanding. Zion comes in to the bubble terribly out of shape last year and she basically will not allow him to have a personal chef and instead "handles" his nutrition. His family seems to be meddling way too much.

And that meddling, from THEIR POV, helped create perhaps the most valuable human being in multi billion dollar industry.

I would love to see you help create something revolutionary and then just hand it over to someone else. Easier to say as a fan than if you put yourself in that persons shoes. Always work to understand another humans perspective.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And that meddling, from THEIR POV, helped create perhaps the most valuable human being in multi billion dollar industry.

I would love to see you help create something revolutionary and then just hand it over to someone else. Easier to say as a fan than if you put yourself in that persons shoes. Always work to understand another humans perspective.
    I?d say it?s a failure on management that they can?t garner their trust and faith. I bet Monty Williams would be able to connect with them.

Zion from his mouth: "I was raised old school." "I want to spend my whole career with the team that drafted me."

Media as Zion and his family's mouth: "I aint make the playoffs in my first 85 games before I'm of legal age to drink....trade me."

To be fair, if you have worked at a job that is the equivalent to a rudderless HMS Bounty, then you would want out too, you can also feel that way when you are making a ton of money in endorsements.

Hall of Famer
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...2021-22-season
    Seems to be a problem in the org.

This team has a big season ahead. They need to make the playoffs

To what can we attribute this problem? Is it just all Griffin or is it some na?vet? on Gayle Benson’s part?

I told people my very first here, Griffin is a problem.

Only because his ego. He wants to run a team where HE gets the credit.

All the sustainable winning stuff is code word for ?look at how I built it more than the current day results?.

The issue is it?s not going down like that in today?s NBA.

This is easy fix.

Go out and get as many stars as possible to surround Zion and say who cares about the future. It?s not promised in today?s NBA. Win now!

This is going to produce a miracle or explode spectacularly. Because this could make anyone desperate. And here we are with a metric ton of assets.

Griffin has his faults but Zion has his faults as well, nobody told him to be out of shape the first year he got in the league... 2 years in and it has already began....the media is going to go at it every single year till he goes to a big market or a winning team.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Who could we get in a trade? What about free agency? What can we do? What will be a good solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Who could we get in a trade?

I was just thinking this. People would think it's an absurd idea, but I'm curious as well.

Entitlement at it’s finest really. I’m not impressed with the way Griffin is running the organization, but is it really that absurd that a team with a ton of moving parts and head coaching change couldn’t make the playoffs? Especially when our best player is in his second year of NBA basketball in a COVID stricken season? I blame the media. It is their job to inflate the egos of Zion and those closest to him. There is a chance it is all hogwash anyway, but Anthony’s parents created some storms as well so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    is it really that absurd that a team with a ton of moving parts and head coaching change couldn’t make the playoffs?
    Who’s responsible for the moving parts and head coaching changes? The parts that moved in aren’t that good my friend.

Zion only wants to win... his family probably wants out of New Orleans, but its not up to THEM. The media has begun their "get Zion to New York" campaign, so be prepared to see a bunch of other articles slamming the front office. Don't let all of this crap make you turn on Zion. The one thing that Zion can do is tell his family to STFU, since their eating off him.

Thread Information