Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Transitioning to Free Agency...

Transitioning to Free Agency...

After BI's max contract where do we sit cap wise with and without Bledsoe and Green.
    Also, who do we resign (Frank, Moore, Oakafor)?
    Who do we go after position and players?
    I like Baynes or Ibaka for center can we afford them?
    I like Kris Dunn if we move on from Frank.
    I think we need some more wing help!!!

If Hart can be extended now, do that.

I let Frank, Moore, and Okafor all go.

We likely can't afford Ibaka, he's in very hot contention with his name associated with a bunch of teams, but Baynes may be more possible due to his pre-existing relationship with SVG. Frankly, for our team, I probably prefer Baynes anyway: he's not the rim protector that Ibaka is, but he is a better passer by my estimation which I value more on a team which is looking to develop Jax and which has guys who need to develop as weakside rim protectors anyway like Zion. Either would be good, but if I had my pick I'd go Baynes.

Kris Dunn is good defensively, but until we see what's going on with Bledsoe, Hill, and Lonzo, I have no specific interest in another guard. Dunn is a very good defender but he's really awful offensively, so it also depends on the price he's commanding.
    Basketball.

I think we give the MLE to Baynes and fill out the roster with a cheap veteran combo forward who can defend taller players (i.e. Patrick Patterson, DeMarre Carroll, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson) unless Bledsoe is traded which would open up new possibilities and needs. We may re-sign Kenrich to a minimum deal, but I think Favors, Jackson, Moore, Miller, and Okafor are all gone.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 11-19-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Whiteside, Noel, Leonard, Ibaka....... ill be cool with any of them

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Keep Hassan WHiteside away from this franchise.

Get or keep a cheap big and invest in Jax. If we aren't impressed with where he is when the season is over, you can start looking at acquiring another big via trade or draft.
    I am fine with our depth at guard for the time being (even if we get rid of Bledsoe and Hill). Backup SF can use a short term signing. If any combo forwards are available, we can use another short term signing.
    Hopefully Naji shows some promise here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I think we give the MLE to Baynes and fill out the roster with a cheap veteran combo forward who can defend taller players (i.e. Patrick Patterson, DeMarre Carroll, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson) unless Bledsoe is traded which would open up new possibilities and needs. We may re-sign Kenrich to a minimum deal, but I think Favors, Jackson, Moore, Miller, and Okafor are all gone.
    I would hope we could get Baynes for less than the MLE. He was making about $5 million a year I think. I am hopeful we can get him for the BAE.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Whiteside would be perfect. 10+ points and rebounds a game...ill take it

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Keep Hassan WHiteside away from this franchise.
    what you dont like about whiteside?

All Griffin talks about is culture. There's absolutely no way he'd go for Whiteside.

I like Baynes alot. Shot 35% on 4 3s per game last year. Does all of the dirty work. He has had a tendency to miss some time over the last 2 years, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    Are you willing to have #Pelslife come back in vogue? Coz that's what Whiteside will do

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    The guy is an absolute headcase.

We have 100 PGs on the roster... hell we should try to trade at least 2 but definitely 1 should go. We need a big and a 3&D wing or 2.

Trade Eric Bledsoe to the Magic for Mo Bamba & Aminu. The Magic could use a veteran point guard like Bledsoe. Bring back Aminu to play a combo forward spot for us at both forward spots. A Hayes & Bamba center combo could be intriguing as both are young super athletic centers. Then I may play Hill as more of a shooting guard to get Kira minutes.

C: Hayes, Bamba
    PF: Zion, Melli, Aminu
    SF: BI, Hart
    SG: JJ, Hill, NAW
    PG: Lonzo, Kira

Let Frank walk. It’s best for both parties. He needs a clean slate, and we have a ton of guards. He will do well elsewhere meanwhile we can clear out the log jam.

- Treasury Secretary of the Frank Jackson Fan Club
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Trade Eric Bledsoe to the Magic for Mo Bamba & Aminu. The Magic could use a veteran point guard like Bledsoe. Bring back Aminu to play a combo forward spot for us at both forward spots. A Hayes & Bamba center combo could be intriguing as both are young super athletic centers. Then I may play Hill as more of a shooting guard to get Kira minutes.

C: Hayes, Bamba
    PF: Zion, Melli, Aminu
    SF: BI, Hart
    SG: JJ, Hill, NAW
    PG: Lonzo, Kira
    The Magic are still high on Bamba. Plus they just drafted a PG in RJ Hampton and they already have Fultz there. So a Bledsoe trade would be a negative asset to them.

EDIT: My bad not RJ Hampton, I meant Cole Anthony.
    Last edited by hornetzplaya; 11-19-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Bledsoe can also play SG which I assume he would play if we kept him. He would fill the role of Jrue Holiday. I am betting we keep Bledsoe. He is too good to trade away for scraps.

Well the obvious connection between Baynes and SVG makes signing him a good choice. Trading away Bledsoe for.... Hmmm like a 3 year sign and trade for Davis Bertans? Maybe a Bledsoe trade for Tony Snell? Just guys to help space the floor and add insurance to whoever we may lose due to Covid-19, Injury, etc.

Tbh I want NAW to get more minutes cause at the Combo guard spot he can really give us valuable minutes as he improves his Off-the-ball skills as well as defense. I don't see Bledsoe here long, Hill is a big maybe, signing Baynes is cool. Would LOVE Myles Turner for SVG's system (Seriously doubt he's available). I see us trading for nice young wings or solid role big men

I like Ibaka. he might cost too much but we could use a 5 that can knock down shots. That'll give Zion more space when he rolls to the basket after PnR. here's a list of pretty much everyone. marc Gasol is out there too.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2...enyen-gabriel/

I think Zach Collins would be my main target. A deal centered around George Hill and Zach Collins makes too much sense for both teams. Collins has a ton of untapped potential as a floor spacer and rim protector

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINION View Post
    After BI's max contract where do we sit cap wise with and without Bledsoe and Green.
    Also, who do we resign (Frank, Moore, Oakafor)?
    Who do we go after position and players?
    I like Baynes or Ibaka for center can we afford them?
    I like Kris Dunn if we move on from Frank.
    I think we need some more wing help!!!
    Green?
    I think you mean Hill

After the Jrue trade and the draft, I'm convinced this is a two to three year build project. So I'm bringing in older mentor type guys with great attitudes and work ethic, guys that had promise and didn't pan out but won't ruin our culture and maybe has an outside chance of ascending here, and filler guys that will sit at the end of the bench who won't get in the way of our younger guys.....but won't ruin the culture. It would a fun team that maybe battles for 8th seed but it sets us up nice for the future.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 11-19-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Christian Wood:

In his last 15 games, the undrafted journeyman averaged 22.3 points, 9.5 rebounds, and about a steal and a block while shooting 56.2 percent and making 41 percent of his 3s. The Pistons were essentially tanking, but that doesn't make those numbers any less real -- after the Andre Drummond trade, Wood was singlehandedly keeping them in games. Detroit should obviously try to keep him, but he's an unrestricted free agent and the few teams with money to spend will likely try to throw it at him. He's still just 25, an age when players with his skills and physical tools are essentially never available. Unlike the other six players in this group, however, he is a bit of a mystery man due to the sample-size issue.

Thread Information