Pelicans Report

Thread: Pelicans sign center Ike Anigbogu

Pelicans sign center Ike Anigbogu

Any good?
    Free agent C Ike Anigbogu has signed a deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, source tells ESPN. Anigbogu, 22, was an Indiana second-round pick in 2017.
    I'm a grinder

Just a camp body

Another center. We have Adams, Hayes, Hernangomez, that 2-way guy, & now this guy. Then we have Zion, Melli, and Gabriel at power forward. I don?t get why bring in a 8th big man when we could use some depth at small forward. Unless Gabriel will be more of combo forward that plays both forward spots which is likely the case considering his size at around 6?9? 205.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 12-01-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Another center. We have Adams, Hayes, Hernangomez, that 2-way guy, & now this guy. Then we have Zion, Melli, and Gabriel at power forward. I don?t get why bring in a 8th big man when we could use some depth at small forward. Unless Gabriel will be more of combo forward that plays both forward spots which is likely the case considering his size at around 6?9? 205.
    Dude.

He's not on the roster. He's a camp body. We've already filled the team

I figured that, but would rather a camp body at a different position that would possibly have a chance to make the team

Everyone is concerned about mins at the 3 after BI. Griff indicated ZION would get time there.

Attn, Mr. Hayes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Everyone is concerned about mins at the 3 after BI. Griff indicated ZION would get time there.
    What people need to realize: Think about all of the superstar 3s in the NBA, then try to tell me their backup. It sounds like a big deal on a forum or Twitter because we're absolutely starved for basketball, but BI is the future of this position for the Pelicans. BI is the guy. BI is the wing that the other teams are worried about. BI is the one who knocks.

Sure he can't guard big wings for extended time (yet) but there's like 4 of them in the league and no one can guard those guys. Would everyone honestly be like "Oh now this is a contending roster" if we had Mo Harkless backing up BI for 12 minutes and taking Hart's minutes. Hell nah

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Dude.

He's not on the roster. He's a camp body. We've already filled the team
    When the free agent power forward signed a couple of days ago (forgot name) the article I posted mentioned there is one open spot. In other words, there are 14 filled spots, one open spot, 2 two-way guys, and two "street free agents" going after that last spot. I am sure there may be others who sign to compete prior to the first preseason game. If there are 15 definite spots filled who am I missing?

Quote from article: Uthoff is probably unlikely to make the Pelicans’ regular season roster, but the team doesn’t have a full 15-man squad of guaranteed salaries, so the door’s not entirely closed if he impresses during the preseason.
    Last edited by Lee2000; 12-01-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I agree with the jist of this argument of depth being all over the place and setting us up to be in the same position as last year rely on heavy guard sets and just getting physically pushed around.

But we aren't trying to be good. Just be nice to see a bit more even roster. We needed Vet presence at not only the 5, but the 3 and 4. I absolutely detest at Zion and Melli being the 4 spots with no vet presence. I hated it last year and I hate it even more after they where putrid on defense. Adams can't teach the whole team to play team defense.

Maybe we will make some moves for a vet defensive 4 at the deadline.

Thread Information