Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Cavs are desperate for defense, for someone with some size who can do secondary creation, who can create impact by pressuring the rim, etc. They got that. Okoro is about 6'6, strong as hell, probably the best 1v1 wing defender in the draft, and a really good slasher who has improved as a passer a lot. He's a good pickup for them.
    With the 5th pick, the Cavaliers select Obi Toppin

Great pick for the Hawks as well, really good for their chemistry. Plays great defense, will be monstrous with Trae in the PnR
    Basketball.

Great pick for the Hawks as well, really good for their chemistry. Plays great defense, will be monstrous with Trae in the PnR
    Detroit gets Hayes?

I think after the top 3, I think everyone has made good choices so far (in my evaluation). Surprising, but it means something that I hate is probably coming.

That's annoying.

Good pick for Detroit but annoying for me.

Lolknicks are gonna take Toppin I just know it

Bruhhhh... Minn really trade for Ricky Rubio to come back... gross. I guess they moving Williams to SG

They taking all our prospects

The Knicks will take a PG. Now which one.

I think after the top 3, I think everyone has made good choices so far (in my evaluation). Surprising, but it means something that I hate is probably coming.
    Surprisingly safe draft and no top 10 trades

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Maybe next time we won't pull an ATL falcon and win meaningless games down 6-26

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

Still Hali, Kira, Maxey, Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Surprisingly safe draft and no top 10 trades
    That we know of. They can always come back and say "pick #6 will be moving on to New Orleans with X coming back to Atlanta" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Still Hali, Kira, Maxey, Vassell
    5 picks left to go with Kira, Maxey, Vassell, Poku all still on the board. Odds that one of them drops to us fairly high imo

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Zion View Post
    That we know of. They can always come back and say "pick #6 will be moving on to New Orleans with X coming back to Atlanta" or something like that.
    They usually announce that already, but maybe it being so bad last year. They want teams to hold off on announcing draft day trades.

5 picks left to go with Kira, Maxey, Vassell, Poku all still on the board. Odds that one of them drops to us fairly high imo
    If they take Poku, I am signing off for the night.

And Griff takes Bey

Avdeer still there too

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    And Griff takes Bey
    Then I'm cursing him to stub his toe on every table corner. His own fault.

Damn looks like Okoro, Williams, and Hayes are going to go before us. I was hoping one of those guys would fall. Vassell is my next guy I?m hoping falls to us

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    They usually announce that already, but maybe it being so bad last year. They want teams to hold off on announcing draft day trades.
    That could be true. I wonder if the Milwaukee trade debacle has prompted the league to tell teams that they should get league approval before announcing trades, at least during the draft.

Woop, there it is. 4 picks left before us, Kira, Maxey, Vassell, Poku all still on the board. High chances we get one of them.

Awful choice for the Knicks

The thing about Obi is that he's not a primary, can't be a primary, relies on other people to create shots for him, and can't play defense. The Knicks have nobody who can set him up and create advantages for him, and no auxiliary defenders around them.

Awful choice. First huge misstep in the draft imo.

LOL Knicks fans been begging for a PG for years. The wait continues. Poor bastages.

If Deni falls would you take the Israeli? Hell yes

Obi to the Knicks?? So you add a power forward to Juluis Randle and Bobby Portis?? The Knicks baby

I wanted to trade Lonzo straight up to the Pistons for Hayes
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 11-18-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Adding Toppin to Barrett is great, just back to back years of drafting terrible defensive prospects who aren't primaries on a team with no primaries, who get all of their value by scoring.

Hooray for the Knicks.

On the plus side, that's probably a top 5 pick for them next year in a great draft.

Thread Information