Pelicans Report

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I make no claims as to therapeutic usages, I'm not an expert in it and I'm not trained in it. Not debating the literary/philosophical aspects of it (which is actually what I'm trained in, funnily enough) because it's not worth the argument.
    And I shouldn't have sounded so derisive. Sorry, man. It's like there's philosophical psychology.....which is way more philosophy than it is psychology....and then therapeutic psychology. You guys are talking in one world and I'm in the other.

It's like when Funcrusher is talking about structuralism I'm all....what the what even is that? We don't use that. Lol
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Heard talk on CBS and USA Today. They didn't appear to be joking.

Sure but I don't expect Griff is done. There are potential trades to be made (very much doubt we start the year with Bledsoe, Hill, Lonzo, Redick, NAW, and Kira all on the roster: probably at least one is going) and then free agency.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    Heard talk on CBS and USA Today. They didn't appear to be joking.
    There is a draft presser in 20 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    This late at nite?
    Yes. Just go to the website. Post-draft chat.

The Pelicans have obvious holes at backup forward and center. That is why I was surprised by the trade of 42.
    I bet we re-sign Jah and maybe even Kenny Hustle.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Found it. Thanks

Reggie Perry from Mississippi State is still out there at center. Might go undrafted.

And you can make up any name at the sign in.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    I mean, that statement along with your last post presents a fallacy of logic. If it is even simply applicable to literary theory then it most certainly has real world application. And I'd be wary of confidently declaring most any science as objectively "real", but that's a whole nother conversation that I don't think you'd entertain.
    I think the problem would start with dismissing science and end with promoting literary theory. When I'm working with a sexually traumatized adolescent who isn't able to make connections with others, my go to is going to be something like EMDR that has quantifiable results backed by science as opposed to exploring his consciousness with some debunked theoretocal nonsense like structuralism.

There went Perry.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    And I shouldn't have sounded so derisive. Sorry, man. It's like there's philosophical psychology.....which is way more philosophy than it is psychology....and then therapeutic psychology. You guys are talking in one world and I'm in the other.

It's like when Funcrusher is talking about structuralism I'm all....what the what even is that? We don't use that. Lol
    You should do some research into La Borde. It's an experimental psychiatric clinic in France that's been in operation for decades. Psychotherapist and philosopher Felix Guattari worked there for a long time, and he was one part of the duo that wrote a bunch of really interesting philosophy books alongside Gilles Deleuze, one of which was called Anti-Oedipus, and was an attempt to replace Freudian psychoanalysis with something else that they called schizoanalysis (using schizo in its original ''to split'' definition, rather than a reference to any specific mental health disorder). It's highly divisive, half of the people who read it think it's insane nonsense and the other half think it's genius.

But yeah, people do use some of the philosophy stuff in so called 'real world' applications, even if it's not mainstream.

I think it's important to know your limits. The other thing I'm trained in (after doing my degree in Literature and philosophy) is as a teacher, and at least here in the UK (I can't speak to American teacher training) we do a fair amount of reading into behaviourism, cognitivism, constructivism, cognitive-constructivism, etc, and basically all studies in teaching at least show that behaviourism is unhelpful and impractical in most classroom settings and doesn't lead to positive attainment. That's the background I have when I say behaviourism is debunked: perhaps this is not the case in clinical treatment, I don't know, but I didn't just make it up to be a jerk

Lonzo stans arent very happy about the Kira pick.

Reggie Perry from Mississippi State is still out there at center. Might go undrafted.
    He's got potential. Dude developed more than anticipated in college. That's the type that can do the same in the NBA

Any worth undrafted centers out there? Pending none gets picked in last couple picks.

Any worth undrafted centers out there? Pending none gets picked in last couple picks.
    Killian Tillie

Lonzo stans arent very happy about the Kira pick.
    In fairness they aren't happy about much.

Not really. Kaleb Wesson from Ohio State is the only one left that I thought might get drafted.

I literally guessed 2024 for one of the seconds, hooray for me.

I swear, if the other one really is 2077...

Killian Tillie
    Saw him as a PF, but he could play the five.

Well Killian Tillie makes sense as a UDFA for us. A good pick up for a developmental PF

Killian Tillie and Nate Hinton are UDFAs and we should talk to them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Zion View Post
    Saw him as a PF, but he could play the five.
    That's fair.

You should do some research into La Borde. It's an experimental psychiatric clinic in France that's been in operation for decades. Psychotherapist and philosopher Felix Guattari worked there for a long time, and he was one part of the duo that wrote a bunch of really interesting philosophy books alongside Gilles Deleuze, one of which was called Anti-Oedipus, and was an attempt to replace Freudian psychoanalysis with something else that they called schizoanalysis (using schizo in its original ''to split'' definition, rather than a reference to any specific mental health disorder). It's highly divisive, half of the people who read it think it's insane nonsense and the other half think it's genius.

But yeah, people do use some of the philosophy stuff in so called 'real world' applications, even if it's not mainstream.

I think it's important to know your limits. The other thing I'm trained in (after doing my degree in Literature and philosophy) is as a teacher, and at least here in the UK (I can't speak to American teacher training) we do a fair amount of reading into behaviourism, cognitivism, constructivism, cognitive-constructivism, etc, and basically all studies in teaching at least show that behaviourism is unhelpful and impractical in most classroom settings and doesn't lead to positive attainment. That's the background I have when I say behaviourism is debunked: perhaps this is not the case in clinical treatment, I don't know, but I didn't just make it up to be a jerk
    Yeah, that's interesting they would say that about behaiorism in education. I wonder if it's because your field would be trying to promote more free thought....so it would be like trying to undo classical conditioning to allow for an untethered approach to education whereas mine is more about trying to develop healthy habits and routines. It would seem like classical conditioning would be beneficial when learning how to study or to prepare for a test properly.

Bucks finish the draft with Sam Merrill at 60. Good pickup for them.

Thread Information