Pelicans Report

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    39 got traded, not 42.
    Both got traded. We used neither, both went.
    Basketball.

Miller is still out there.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It has more to do with literary pop psychology than any real world application. Cool things to muse about but doesn't see any quantifiable results when utilized.
    I don't see it as an effective form of behavioral therapy/treatment, but I think it very much has real world application as an analytical tool. I'm not really into post-structuralism, and in any event i don't really think there's much deviation between that and structuralism (if anything i consider it more of an extension than a diversion of structuralism)

Skylar Mayes baby!! DumbA Emmitt Williams should of came back to LSU. I don?t get these kids that have zero shot at being 1st round picks forgoing their senior year to hopefully get drafted at all or end up being signed to a G league squad
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 11-18-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    So, MM had inside info that we traded the 42nd pick way before we traded the 42nd pick and unquestionable facts that our targets were trading up for Haliburton/ Williams or choosing between Bey and Maxey at 13. Maybe his insider is not really an insider or just doesn’t want to give him accurate info.
    He was kind of right about the 42nd pick so I think he knew something. And I think he mentioned we were after Williams but Halliburton was more or less his guy rather than the Pelicans guy. But yeah. I don’t think his information is 100 percent accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Pop psychology =/= literary theory. They are two different fields.

Pop psychology is when someone believes in ''alphas'' and ''betas'' without ever finding out that this entire framework was derived from a study on wolves that was later debunked by its own author as being not even true, for wolves.
    I meant what I wrote. Behaviorsim is the psychology that is being most widely used in therapeutic settings. It is real psychology and is backed by science. Psychoanalysis has been completely debunked. It has no real world use. I've been a therapist for 15 years now and have yet to come across a single sane person who supports it. It's only romanticized by self-proclaimed philosophers and is essentially their version of a "which movie character are you" quiz you'd find in Facebook. 'Literary' because these people tend to be educated and 'pop' because it's just a silly fun thing they're doing that isn't grounded in any real world application. Literary pop psychology.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    See Hall of Famer, Bill Walton.
    That era doesn’t count.

Didn't see the Hornet deal. They didn't like the lower end of the draft did they.

i just read that about Hornets trade. Oh well.

Van Gundy, Griffin, and Langdon will be speaking in 35 mins on pelicans.com

I meant what I wrote. Behaviorsim is the psychology that is being most widely used in therapeutic settings. It is real psychology and is backed by science. Psychoanalysis has been completely debunked. It has no real world use. I've been a therapist for 15 years now and have yey to cone across a single sane person who supports it. It's only romanticized by self-proclaimed philosophers and id essentially their version of a "which movie character are you" quiz you'd find in Facebook. 'Literary' because these people tend to be educated and 'pop' because it's just a silly fun thing they're doing that isn't grounded in any real world application. Pop-literary.
    I make no claims as to therapeutic usages, I'm not an expert in it and I'm not trained in it. Not debating the literary/philosophical aspects of it (which is actually what I'm trained in, funnily enough) because it's not worth the argument.

I had heard they liked some international bigs. Might go after someone in international leauge. What are Pelicans getting for 42?

So, MM had inside info that we traded the 42nd pick way before we traded the 42nd pick and unquestionable facts that our targets were trading up for Haliburton/ Williams or choosing between Bey and Maxey at 13. Maybe his insider is not really an insider or just doesn’t want to give him accurate info.
    He said we were trying to trade up which we most likely were

Griff, please have Killian Tillie on speed dial and use it as soon as the draft is over.

I had heard they liked some international bigs. Might go after someone in international leauge. What are Pelicans getting for 42?
    ANother future pick.

Some future alpha males?

So, MM had inside info that we traded the 42nd pick way before we traded the 42nd pick and unquestionable facts that our targets were trading up for Haliburton/ Williams or choosing between Bey and Maxey at 13. Maybe his insider is not really an insider or just doesn?t want to give him accurate info.

We've never had inside info with this franchise. Just in recent history, the Boogie trade was an absolute blindside. There was never a hint of it. Jrue to the Bucks was never mentioned. The list goes on. It doesn't seem like ANYONE has inside info on the Pels.

I meant what I wrote. Behaviorsim is the psychology that is being most widely used in therapeutic settings. It is real psychology and is backed by science. Psychoanalysis has been completely debunked. It has no real world use. I've been a therapist for 15 years now and have yey to cone across a single sane person who supports it. It's only romanticized by self-proclaimed philosophers and id essentially their version of a "which movie character are you" quiz you'd find in Facebook. 'Literary' because these people tend to be educated and 'pop' because it's just a silly fun thing they're doing that isn't grounded in any real world application. Pop-literary.
    I mean, that statement along with your last post presents a fallacy of logic. If it is even simply applicable to literary theory then it most certainly has real world application. And I'd be wary of confidently declaring most any science as objectively "real", but that's a whole nother conversation that I don't think you'd entertain.

Yeah, it just looks like they just wanted to convert current assets into future currency and stay liquid. I get it. I guess I have a bit of an old fashioned outlook where you build your own talent in your own system, which is why, for example, you set up a G-League franchise. You can always point to a better future, but keeping your options open can become it's own kind of fetish where you're forever two years away from being two years away. That kind of "process" is a deeply unsatisfying experience for most fans, though beloved by quants and analytics mavens for whom the process is the point of being a fan. I'm willing to wait this stretch out as of course we can't know what else may be in the works before the season gets started, but my antenna is up. It's starting feel a bit like the calm assurances of brighter days ahead stretching back to when we drafted Chris Paul...

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Van Gundy, Griffin, and Langdon will be speaking in 35 mins on pelicans.com
    This late at nite?

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    I mean, that statement along with your last post presents a fallacy of logic. If it is even simply applicable to literary theory then it most certainly has real world application. And I'd be wary of confidently declaring most any science as objectively "real", but that's a whole nother conversation that I don't think you'd entertain.
    Yeah, not worth the argument whatsoever.

Is there any legs to trade talk for Ball after the Lewis pick?

Sixers are gonna be really fun next year.

Is there any legs to trade talk for Ball after the Lewis pick?
    I heard no such trade talk aside from one post by JJack on here that he later edited to admit was just a joke

The Pelicans have obvious holes at backup forward and center. That is why I was surprised by the trade of 42.

Thread Information