Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread

I can’t believe Killian Hayes isn’t seen as a top 5 guy. I think he has a chance to be special. I would love for him to learn a year or so from George Hill if we keep him around. Then take over at point guard in a year or so. I hope we move Lonzo Ball now that we have both Eric Bledsoe and George Hill on the roster. Hopefully we can move both Bledsoe and Ball. I wouldn’t mind having a George Hill and Killian Hayes point guard combo for next year. I don’t see us competing for a championship this coming season. I wouldn’t mind moving Lonzo straight up for a pick. Take Hayes and the best wing at 13. If we could get Hayes at say 7 and then get Vassell at 13 I would be really happy.

C: Jaxson Hayes
    PF: Zion, Melli
    SF: BI, Vassell
    SG: NAW, Hart
    PG: Killian Hayes

That would be a nice young team to grow up together. NAW has shown that he will be a really good player for sure IMO. Vassell looks to be a really good defensive player on the wing that we could use for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I still believe all that to be true, yes. I've heard that he interviewed fairly well in a few places, but of course I was not privy to what was actually said.

PD Web actually put out a great piece a couple of days ago comparing him, Onyeka, and Tillman on defense that was a really good read, I'll put the link here in case you're interested. Tons of clips in it as well:

docs.google.com/document/d/182XesIPXmkYpY_BwjAuKx8lCU8Sr_T3dVXDKnAAZxIY/edit?usp=sharing
    With all these names getting thrown out like Toppin, Bey, etc or trading up... I feel like I rather settle for Wiseman. Even if he gives me a Supered up Jahil OKafor vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    With all these names getting thrown out like Toppin, Bey, etc or trading up... I feel like I rather settle for Wiseman. Even if he gives me a Supered up Jahil OKafor vibes.
    I would take Wiseman over Toppin or Bey, and I do not like Wiseman much.
    Basketball.

Anyone gonna be surprised when we trade with the Bulls for the 4th pick and take the Israeli point forward?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Anyone gonna be surprised when we trade with the Bulls for the 4th pick and take the Israeli point forward?
    I'd be mildly surprised. And annoyed.

We're not taking Avdeer

OKC looking to move Steven Adams... Mad rumor tho... They really trying to get 20 1st picks or something. I guess. I don't believe it

[TWO HOURS UNTIL NBA DRAFT]

Source says the Bulls want Lonzo to pair him with LaMelo. What would it cost? Lonzo for markennan and their 1st next year?

Source says the Bulls want Lonzo to pair him with LaMelo. What would it cost? Lonzo for markennan and their 1st next year?
    Don't care for Markkanen, really. I'd take their 2021 FRP though if they're offering, just straight up. Have Lonzo for it, I don't care.

Was the source Chris Broussard?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Don't care for Markkanen, really. I'd take their 2021 FRP though if they're offering, just straight up. Have Lonzo for it, I don't care.
    Well if they want Lonzo bad I’d like to squeeze them for whatever we can, Markkanen would be nice next to Zion to stretch the floor, or you could flip Mark somewhere else to a third team for another mid lotto pick. Get all we can. I want all the picks!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Was the source Chris Broussard?
    Supposedly the same guy who broke Melo to Portland hours before it happened

Well if they want Lonzo bad I’d like to squeeze them for whatever we can, Markkanen would be nice next to Zion to stretch the floor, or you could flip Mark somewhere else to a third team for another mid lotto pick. Get all we can. I want all the picks!!!!!
    The problem with Markkanen spacing the floor is that he doesn't actually draw defense that much because he's a slightly hesitant shooter and therefore easy to close out on: the raw percentage doesn't indicate the gravity a player attracts. He's also bad at most other things, has had a lot of injury issues, etc.

I don't think it's just a case of him looking bad because he's on the Bulls either, cause there are other Bulls players who have looked bad but I'm sure would be better elsewhere (Wendell Carter Jr, for example), Markkanen just disappoints. What I hear from Bulls fans tells me similar things as well.

I get wanting to extract value, but I don't see Markkanen as value.

This would be a very good pick for the Cavs.

I'd be interested in Leandro Bolmaro at 24 if no fallers because I'd have to imagine the Celtics and Thunder are targeting him as a draft and stash (I also think he might be good).

Dont know if we could pry something out of them, but there would definitely be phone calls.

This. A big who could stretch the floor would be awesome. This is Lonzo and Markkanen contract year; both will be a RFA. I think ML is the better prospect long-term.

My dream draft.

Trade Lonzo Ball for pick 7 to take Killian Hayes. Draft Devin Vassell at 13. Trade Eric Bledsoe, 39, 42, and a future 1st to the Thunder for pick 25 & 28 to take Desmond Bane & Vernon Carey. So we get our starting point guard in Hayes, a defensive stopper on the wing in Vassell, a sharp shooting wing in Desmond Bane, and a backup center in Vernon Carey

C: Hayes, Carey
    SF: BI, Vassell, Bane
    SG: JJ, Hart, NAW
    PG: Hill, Hayes
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 11-18-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    What about a Lonzo for Coby White deal?

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    What about a Lonzo for Coby White deal?
    No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    My dream draft.

Trade Lonzo Ball for pick 7 to take Killian Hayes. Draft Devin Vassell at 13. Trade Eric Bledsoe, 39, 42, and a future 1st to the Thunder for pick 25 & 28 to take Desmond Bane & Vernon Carey. So we get our starting point guard in Hayes, a defensive stopper on the wing in Vassell, a sharp shooting wing in Desmond Bane, and a backup center in Vernon Carey

C: Hayes, Carey
    SF: BI, Vassell, Bane
    SG: JJ, Hart, NAW
    PG: Hill, Hayes
    We don't have 42. Why would the Thunder do that anyway? Two picks in the 20s for 2 picks in the mid second round, when there's no reason for them to want Bledsoe in the first place? If they're taking Bledsoe they're wanting us to give assets to them, not send them out. Also, 7 belongs to Detroit: why would they trade 7 straight up for Lonzo?

Plus, I'd be a touch surprised if we ended up making 4 picks in this draft. Don't be surprised if we don't even make 3 and #24 ends up going somewhere.

Not really sure how the Draft Day thread turned into another trade proposals thread but hey, it happens.

Griff is doing all he can to get a pick to get Haliburton. If it were to happen, it would be something like:

Warriors get: 13, 24, WCJ

Pels get: #4, filler (Satoransky? Thad?)

Bulls get: Lonzo, #2, Looney

Warriors get a starting center who might be as good or better than Wiseman anyway and picks to fill out roster. Bulls get Ball Brothers. Pels get their third young core piece. That would be the trade in the miracle world where it happens
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Griff is doing all he can to get a pick to get Haliburton. If it were to happen, it would be something like:

Warriors get: 13, 24, WCJ

Pels get: #4, filler (Satoransky? Thad?)

Bulls get: Lonzo, #2, Looney

Warriors get a starting center who might be as good or better than Wiseman anyway and picks to fill out roster. Bulls get Ball Brothers. Pels get their third young core piece. That would be the trade in the miracle world where it happens
    If Griff is legitimately straining himself that far for Haliburton, I hope someone saves him from himself and tells him no.

Thread Information