Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    We have other assests to trade....

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    He's barely 19. Dont worry about his weight.

So since my target #1 is here, no need for Terry or Maledon.

I'd be happy with Tyler Bey or Xavier Tillman at 24. Unless Achiuwa drops.
    He's really young for a sophomore: he ran a successful SEC offense as a freshman at *17*.

Yeah he needs to add weight, but he can do that. Get him in a gym, get him up 15 or 20lbs (he doesn't have the frame to hit 200lbs or anything before anyone thinks that) and focus on core strength to help improve his finishing, but that's all normal development stuff for a rookie.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Who would you keep out of Bledsoe and Ball? Bledsoe to me is better and it's not close.
    Yeah, I don't believe in Ball at all.

Frankly, I'd be very open to moving both of them.

Go into the year with Hill, Kira, Redick, NAW. Maybe Merrill in the 2nd round or something. Feed Kira minutes.

Oof, another really bad overdraft.

Awful choice.

I think Poku might fall to us at our next pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Oof, another really bad overdraft.

Awful choice.
    Deeeetroit pls

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Now wouldn't that be something?

Apparently he's really liekd by OKC, they have 17 now so he may well go next.

I like the pick, there is a world where Kira Lewis is the best player from this draft, wouldn't say that about Haliburton/Vassell.

The Brooklyn Nets are trading the 19th pick in the draft.

What's with this 'targeting' terminology in the Tweets?

Just say that's who they are taking?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Deeeetroit pls
    Zero vertical pop, bad screener, not a plus handler for a big, awful awareness abilities (couldn't even hide it in a zone lol). Lots of huge red flags for a draft spot where

XAVIER TILLMAN. IS. STILL. AVAILABLE.

I wonder if the Pels really like a player at 24, if they could make the Bucks give them that pick?

I don't necessarily think this changes anything short term. He is REALLY young and probably isn't ready to meaningfully contribute, especially with our current guard depth. But long term, I think he gives you a totally different look. He gives us a guy who NBA guards will struggle to stay in front of. We have bigger guards in NAW and Ball, but he gives us a player who will get defense in rotation. Love this pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    That would be pretty amazing. Might even make me forget to be smug about Jalen Smith all next season.

Might.....
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I don’t want Poku, I just have serious doubts about his body ever being ready, his frame is bad.

but at 24 I could definitely live with it.

Spike Lee not a knicks fan anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    What's with this 'targeting' terminology in the Tweets?

Just say that's who they are taking?
    Woj always phrases things weirdly. I think it's because the pick isn't officially declared yet. He made a game of it a few years ago where he tried to use a different phrasing for every tweet. He was like ''Detroit has a high consideration of the value of X'' and ''Orlando is lasering in on Y'' lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Yeah, I don't believe in Ball at all.

Frankly, I'd be very open to moving both of them.

Go into the year with Hill, Kira, Redick, NAW. Maybe Merrill in the 2nd round or something. Feed Kira minutes.
    Don?t forget Silva. Last year, Griff had already stated that he was the best defender on the roster!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    I don’t want Poku, I just have serious doubts about his body ever being ready, his frame is bad.

but at 24 I could definitely live with it.
    Nets are trading... IDK who...

I think I'm the only one that's been on the Kira train for months.

I like chocolate chip.
    You may be having the best draft night!

He's really young for a sophomore: he ran a successful SEC offense as a freshman at *17*.

Yeah he needs to add weight, but he can do that. Get him in a gym, get him up 15 or 20lbs (he doesn't have the frame to hit 200lbs or anything before anyone thinks that) and focus on core strength to help improve his finishing, but that's all normal development stuff for a rookie.
    At his age I was also rail thin. A stick figure.

Now here I am decades later..chest pokes out and some meat on my shoulders. People think I lift 3xs a week. I dont lift at all.

I personally know the human body is weird like that. The last thing that worries me is Kira at 160 at age 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    I don't necessarily think this changes anything short term. He is REALLY young and probably isn't ready to meaningfully contribute, especially with our current guard depth. But long term, I think he gives you a totally different look. He gives us a guy who NBA guards will struggle to stay in front of. We have bigger guards in NAW and Ball, but he gives us a player who will get defense in rotation. Love this pick.
    You're not going into the season with (I think) 5 point guards on the roster. Ball was already in rumbles for being a potential mover, and it seemed clear that either Bled or Hill was moving the moment that trade was being made. No way we keep all 5, imo.

Minny gets Poku

At his age I was also rail thin. A stick figure.

Now here I am decades later..chest pokes out and some meat on my shoulders. People think I lift 3xs a week. I dont lift at all.

I personally know the human body is weird like that. The last thing that worries me is Kira at 160 at age 19.
    Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying. Does he need weight? Sure. Is there any reason to worry about that right now? No. Adding weight is a normal requirement for a lot of rookies.

Thread Information