Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2020 NBA Draft Who You Got?

Apparently we still do got 42 because it's always the answer

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    What do you think about getting Lamelo? I bet y?all that?s what will happen. Some of y?all will be super pissed but I wonder if he could be REALLY good and it would be nice to say the Pelicans have BALLS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2020/...tent=home-hero

?LaMelo Ball thinks he would be a great fit next to his brother Lonzo?

Oh no
    Only if Zo gets traded to the team that takes Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Prediction is the Pels end up with Pat Williams/Vassel and Maxey. I think they trade their 2021 with protections and 13 pick to move up to get the wing, then use either Hill and Bledsoe plus 24 to move up for Maxey. With the amount of assets and future picks they have available, I don't see them sitting on their hands hoping a guy thy like falls. Package two quarters for 50 cents and get your guys
    If you trade a 2021 pick that has *any* chance of falling in the top ten, you're a clown.
    Basketball.

Rookie
    #13: Devin Vassell
    #24: Aleksej Pokusevski
    #39: Xavier Tillmann
    #42: Grant Riller

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Apparently we still do got 42 because it's always the answer
    Actually we do currently. But won't. Its complicated.

But just think of 13, 24, and 39 as our only picks
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Actually we do currently. But won't. Its complicated.

But just think of 13, 24, and 39 as our only picks
    Yeah I can't remember the details but I think it's something about how you can only trade picks a certain time into the future, so in order to give us their 2027 pick the Bucks have to wait to finalise the trade until after this draft. Technically, the Bucks will be making 24, just under our direction iirc.

It has nothing to do with that. Its something else. It will be clear by Sat or Sunday. But just trust me, we only have 14, 24 and 39 to use tonight barring more trades

It has nothing to do with that. Its something else. It will be clear by Sat or Sunday. But just trust me, we only have 14, 24 and 39 to use tonight barring more trades
    What is it?

Surely can't be that cryptic unless it's some trade under an NDA or something

And you mean 13 or was that a Freudian slip?

I won't trust you because I happen to know that the Celtics have 14, and our pick is 13.

In any case, the 7 year rule does apply anyway, so while there may be other reasons that is still a factor.

I am not trying to be cryptic or cavalier or self important. I will explain after the draft. Just know we don't have 42 but its not technically part of the Jrue trade

Interwesting

I am not trying to be cryptic or cavalier or self important. I will explain after the draft. Just know we don't have 42 but its not technically part of the Jrue trade
    It doesn't have anything to do with getting Cleveland to drop the protections on the 1st rounder Milwaukee sent to them (protections starting in 2022)? If it does, did both 42 and 60 get used to achieve that?

So did you mean to say pick 13, or did you purposely say 14?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    It doesn't have anything to do with getting Cleveland to drop the protections on the 1st rounder Milwaukee sent to them (protections starting in 2022)? If it does, did both 42 and 60 get used to achieve that?
    No. Again, its not a big deal. Pointless to get into the details and I cant any way. Just know we wont have 42, no other players are coming, 42 doesnt even have to do with the Jrue trade (technically) and lets leave it at that.

You've seriously built up pick 42 to have some mystical, ethereal quality to it now

I guess that's power of the number 42 for you
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-18-2020 at 02:16 PM.

You've seriously built up pick 42 to have some mystical, ethereal quality to it now

I guess that's power of the number 42 for you
    Douglas Adams looking down on this board tonight with a bemused grin

Just saw on Twitter the Pelicans were talking to the Bulls about the 4th pick

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Any source? The only person I've seen report it so far is Scoop B, who is about as trustworthy as your average back alley Rolex salesman.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I bet we're chasing Williams hard

Worth giving up Lakers unprotected 2022 1st for?

I bet we're chasing Williams hard

Worth giving up Lakers unprotected 2022 1st for?
    There is nothing in this draft worth significant assets, especially to a team which already has primary ''future'' pieces.

I’m calling it! Pels don’t move up and they end up taking Maxey at 13 and Smith at 24. Three years from now, NBA talking heads call Griffin a genius and Maxey is considered the best player from this draft.

Thread Information